Coaching

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

This is the reality. Because the program was so far down, we hired a program builder rather than a coach with a definitive edge on either side of the ball. This is truly an offensive era in football and we are not blessed with an offensive guru as a head coach. Tulane historically cannot recruit the DLinemen well as they are hard to find so we need to be able to score points in bunches. We have changed offensive coaches and philosophies just about every year under Willie to try to improve and we are now going backward. Drop back passing behind bad OLs against decent defenses with athletic LBs who can blitz is not a philosophy that will work. Our best QB under Fritz is now a shell of himself because of all the bad OL play. I believe it’s time for Tulane to go to what most successful smaller school offenses are running, the RPO with mobile QBs who can hit receivers that can get open easier under that system.
Have I given up on this season? If you mean contending in the conf, yes. Bowl game, no, but with this bad OL and scarred mentally and physically QB in a drop back passing scheme, even going bowling is not a sure thing. Expect every defense to bring the house all night against us.

HoustonWave
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:56 pm This is the reality. Because the program was so far down, we hired a program builder rather than a coach with a definitive edge on either side of the ball. This is truly an offensive era in football and we are not blessed with an offensive guru as a head coach. Tulane historically cannot recruit the DLinemen well as they are hard to find so we need to be able to score points in bunches. We have changed offensive coaches and philosophies just about every year under Willie to try to improve and we are now going backward. Drop back passing behind bad OLs against decent defenses with athletic LBs who can blitz is not a philosophy that will work. Our best QB under Fritz is now a shell of himself because of all the bad OL play. I believe it’s time for Tulane to go to what most successful smaller school offenses are running, the RPO with mobile QBs who can hit receivers that can get open easier under that system.
Have I given up on this season? If you mean contending in the conf, yes. Bowl game, no, but with this bad OL and scarred mentally and physically QB in a drop back passing scheme, even going bowling is not a sure thing. Expect every defense to bring the house all night against us.
Exactly. We’re going to face blitz-city in every game until we get an OL or a QB who can see downfield and make quick decisions.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave Fan
Low Tide

Special teams lost the game for us. A terrible performance.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave Fan wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:07 am Special teams lost the game for us. A terrible performance.
Special Teams cordinator
https://tulanegreenwave.com/sports/foot ... scher/4537
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

Coaches let these guys down BIGTIME! USM adjusted after the first quarter and we didn’t! Missed a golden opportunity for significant national recognition with K State beating OK. This staff choked!!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Bigschtick
Riptide

Fritz sucks and needs to go. Will it happen? No way with a feckless President and absentee A.D. We are screwed! The coaches did not have these kids up and ready. S.M wanted the win, Tulane did not. Hugh missed opportunity that we have seen so very often. Its really quite sickening. Turvs71 nailed it.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Tulane1111
High Tide

Georgia Tech should add Hall to their interview list.