USM Beats Tulane Again

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:11 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:19 am Will Hall much better coach than WF. He took over an even worse situation than Willie did with even less resources and yet beat Willie at Tulane in year 2. As I said from early on Willie boy is too risk adverse. He plays not to lose. That won at lower levels. It clearly doesn't work at this level. So Tulane is back to seeking out three other teams that are so bad Tulane can beat them and go to a nobodygivesaflying fuckbowl.com. It's over for Tulane athletics. I can't even begin to express the disappointment This was Tulane's last chance to do something significant and they Tulaned yet again. IT'S OVER!!!!

EXACTLY!
OMG!

Willie Fritz was no better coach when he woke up Sunday morning on September 18th after beating KSU the day before than he was when he woke up Saturday the 17th. Likewise, he was no worse a coach when he woke up Sunday morning the 25th than he was when he woke up a week earlier. We lost a game we thought we'd win. And we won a game most of us thought we would lose.

WE ARE TULANE. That's the way it rolls.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Full game
Watching the replay I had forgot about this key play in the game. In the 2nd Qtr with 6:38 left before half the Wave was up 14-0 USM was driving in Tulane territory. A 2nd down we hit their QB scrambling and the ball comes out on the turf. We had 3 guys around it but allow their QB to recover. The very next play on a 3rd an 6 he throws a TD pass to make it 14-7. That started our downfall.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

Glover still looked good on the onside kick. He's got some kind of natural knack for those and the TU guys almost came up with it but that last play got cut off on some youtube vides.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)