Southern Miss Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I don't even think it will be close. We'll dominate for another 60 minutes, win convincingly, and get ranked. :mrgreen:

Tulane 52
USM 9

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Aegis
High Tide

TU 31
USM 13

Don’t know why just feel it. OC has been calling excellent game and defense is playing freakishly lights out. Players are excited ball with unit integrity. Teams coming together.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane goes to 4-0
Cruises 38-13
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Swell

Just win!!!!!
greenie78
Riptide

Tulane 34
USM 17
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave 45
Eagles 18

Wave drives the Eagles into a depressed mental state by clipping their wings early.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tulane 31
USM 17
GretnaGreen
Low Tide

Tulane 24
Southern Mississippi 8
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

This will be a game that tells us a great deal about Tulane. A chance to beat a regional rival and stay undefeated. I hope the Staff gets the players attention. Southern Miss played Liberty and lost in 4OT's, then traveled to Miami but lost 30-7...so they sure as hell ain't gonna be scared of Tulane
Tulane 24
So Miss 10
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

White knuckler
Tulane 27
USM 24
Houma de Wave
Swell

Tulane 23, Southern Miss 17.
tufinal4
High Tide

Tulane 35 Southern Miss 17.

I am discouraged to put it charitably with the lack of coverage of this week's upcoming game by the T-P. Our victory showed up on page 10 of the sports page on Sunday after beating a Big 12 team on the road to go 3-0 for the first time since 1998, and today we got ZERO coverage in the paper. Zero.
Wave755
Tsunami

tufinal4 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:16 pm Tulane 35 Southern Miss 17.

I am discouraged to put it charitably with the lack of coverage of this week's upcoming game by the T-P. Our victory showed up on page 10 of the sports page on Sunday after beating a Big 12 team on the road to go 3-0 for the first time since 1998, and today we got ZERO coverage in the paper. Zero.
And, John Georges is a Tulane guy; and his brother Constantin was Tulane student body president in the 1970s. 🤔🤷‍♂️
anEngineer
Riptide

In 2020, we went to Hattiesburg and we were all worried about getting beat. As it turned out, it was Michael Pratt's first game and Tyjae Spears got hurt for the season. We pasted them 66 - 24. USM is probably better now, but we definitely are and the game is here. Coach Fritz keeps the team grounded.

Wave - 31
Goldies - 13
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:07 pm

And, John Georges is a Tulane guy; and his brother Constantin was Tulane student body president in the 1970s. 🤔🤷‍♂️
Here’s why that happens. The Advocate is allocating stories based on clicks. It’s strictly a business decision. I’ve spoken to the Sports Editor and past and present Tulane beat writers. Unfortunately Tulane stories just don’t generate that many clicks. Even writers are paid nowadays based on clicks their stories generate. The only way to get more stories is to click the few we now get. That’s why you’ll see 10 LSU stories to our couple. I was told LSU stories generate more clicks than the Saints, Pels and Tulane combined. That’s why you constantly see their stories dominate the pages. I quit getting the print paper because of that. I never click their stories. I always click ours even though I may not read it.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Another solution is playing and beating LSU ;)
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:22 pm

Here’s why that happens. The Advocate is allocating stories based on clicks. It’s strictly a business decision. I’ve spoken to the Sports Editor and past and present Tulane beat writers. Unfortunately Tulane stories just don’t generate that many clicks. Even writers are paid nowadays based on clicks their stories generate. The only way to get more stories is to click the few we now get. That’s why you’ll see 10 LSU stories to our couple. I was told LSU stories generate more clicks than the Saints, Pels and Tulane combined. That’s why you constantly see their stories dominate the pages. I quit getting the print paper because of that. I never click their stories. I always click ours even though I may not read it.
Its their responsibility to promote locally, if they would promote common sense promotion means more clicks. They are defeating the purpose!!! Called advertising to get new customers, are they brain dead!!! They have a lock on LSU fans, promotion means expanding your viewership not decreasing it. No business sense!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:51 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:22 pm
Its their responsibility to promote locally, if they would promote common sense promotion means more clicks. They are defeating the purpose!!! Called advertising to get new customers, are they brain dead!!! They have a lock on LSU fans, promotion means expanding your viewership not decreasing it. No business sense!!!
Advertisers charged based on clicks. Doesn’t matter who’s clicking. The more LSU stories the more clicks the Advocate gets in $$$. If they ran 10 Tulane stories and a couple LSU ones they won’t get the clicks they get now. It’s the way media works today.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

John Georges ,like most Tulanians , doesn't know or care about sports. What he knows and cares about is money. He knows he'll make it selling LSU. It's why even the national stories the Advocate puts in their paper about NFL, NBA and MLB games will reference "former LSU Player" when one of them does something in a game. That's not in the original version but they make sure to scour those stories and add that language.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
IM42lane
Swell

Tulane 3 ---- USM 2
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
winwave
Top of the WAVE

At least he's consistent.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
IM42lane
Swell

Dave breslin wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:52 am Just win!!!!!
AMEN!!!!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The general public has little interest in reading about irrelevant programs. 25 years of Cowen and Fitts has made us irrelevant. A 3-0 start, or 4-0 start, is not going to erase 25 years of incompetence. We’ll need another 1998, or something very close to that, to garner interest in the media. This is the price we pay for irrelevance.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
GCLlives
Ripple

I know a lot of us have become jaded (and for good reason) by so many years of false hype, underwhelming results, etc, but I'm gonna stay excited until we lose. This conference is weaker than ever. We have a real chance to get ranked if we win the next 3-4 games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:43 pm The general public has little interest in reading about irrelevant programs. 25 years of Cowen and Fitts has made us irrelevant. A 3-0 start, or 4-0 start, is not going to erase 25 years of incompetence. We’ll need another 1998, or something very close to that, to garner interest in the media. This is the price we pay for irrelevance.
Actually it's been 75 years since de-emphasis started .