Tulane Beats Kansas State 17-10: 1-0 in Big12

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

K-St post game
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

from K-State
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Highlights
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I haven’t seen any of their fans tip their caps to Tulane. They’re deluded. Especially given we suffered several awful calls (shae Wyatt completion immediately comes to mind). We outplayed them.

As I’ve said before, without bill Snyder they were nothing and overall are a very similir program from a winning perspective as Tulane. Glad we got that win and they can cry all week.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:23 pm Will we get any top 25 votes ?

What happened with the shae Wyatt completion on third and king they waved off ? My feed cut out and I was shocked when I came back and they had the ball.
I think we will.

It sure looked like a completion but Willie didn't challenge the call.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

And we played a full 60 minute game!! It was nip and tuck throughout and we never lost our focus and concentration. Nor did we fade physically—thanks to Hester’s strength and conditioning program, and the Gulf Coast heat we trained in.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Pepper
Swell

I'll gladly eat crow after this game. Very impressed with the defense, especially the secondary. No blown coverages and the safeties really come up and support. Pratt has a set of stones.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
msdos
Swell

My takeaways from the game

Defense had a great plan and executed. We made their QB look absolutely foolish

Offense performed and did what they needed

Great performance from both players and coaches

Even after a marquee win, the crowd surfing is still very gay
RobertM320
Green Wave

Hats off to Michael Pratt. The kid has guts. In one post game interview he mentioned that we knew they were going to rush three and drop eight, so he'd have to run more, and he did. To a career high. That said, I now have to join the people who have been saying Pratt's going to get killed. He has no fear, We're three games into the season, and he's all banged to heck.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Amazing what a signature win can do. FPI now has us at 43, up from 56. And according to FPI matchups, they have us losing ONLY to UCF and Cincinnati. I would GLADLY take 10-2.

Of course, many are close and we could just as easily be 6-6 with a few bad bounces.

Another bad week for AAC, though. We had five LEGIT chances to knock off P5s, and we went 1-4.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:08 am I haven’t seen any of their fans tip their caps to Tulane. They’re deluded. Especially given we suffered several awful calls (shae Wyatt completion immediately comes to mind). We outplayed them.

As I’ve said before, without bill Snyder they were nothing and overall are a very similir program from a winning perspective as Tulane. Glad we got that win and they can cry all week.
And, they are now 0-2 against the Wave having lost @ the Dome for our only prior meeting 20-14 in 1988. K-State fans are classless crybabies.🥲
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:15 am Amazing what a signature win can do. FPI now has us at 43, up from 56. And according to FPI matchups, they have us losing ONLY to UCF and Cincinnati. I would GLADLY take 10-2.

Of course, many are close and we could just as easily be 6-6 with a few bad bounces.

Another bad week for AAC, though. We had five LEGIT chances to knock off P5s, and we went 1-4.
And I don't think UCF is as good as they are hyped. I haven't seen anything of Cincy yet, but UCF looks quite beatable.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:50 pm from K-State
In addition to our D's excellent speed and tackling, I meant to also mention what that KState dude in the video commented on. Our D played with great deal of discipline, staying in their gaps as the KState fan mentions. It was that discipline that enabled us to keep their hobo RB Vaughn contained throughout the game.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:14 am Hats off to Michael Pratt. The kid has guts. In one post game interview he mentioned that we knew they were going to rush three and drop eight, so he'd have to run more, and he did. To a career high. That said, I now have to join the people who have been saying Pratt's going to get killed. He has no fear, We're three games into the season, and he's all banged to heck.
I agree. Pratt is a very effective and controlled runner, but he often seems to take some brutal hits at the end of many of those runs. Every time he takes off running, I just cringe at the coming car wreck at the end of the run. As tough as he is, he won't last if he keeps taking the kind of hits that he took yesterday.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Our tackling was EXCELLENT. All American Deuce Vaughn was contained like almost no other team has accomplished. No broken coverages and few explosive plays ( they had the long td pass in the end zone, but that’s about it).

Strength program was great, our OL and DL played very well. Very few times was pretty under pressure, and I believe one of their DL players is supposed to be a high NFL draft pick next year. Our wide receivers I think played pretty well and caught some great and tough balls. They will continue to get better. Celestine had a great game as well.

Definitely our best staff under Fritz. Hell of a game and feels great to wake up to
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:23 am Our tackling was EXCELLENT. All American Deuce Vaughn was contained like almost no other team has accomplished. No broken coverages and few explosive plays ( they had the long td pass in the end zone, but that’s about it).

Strength program was great, our OL and DL played very well. Very few times was pretty under pressure, and I believe one of their DL players is supposed to be a high NFL draft pick next year. Our wide receivers I think played pretty well and caught some great and tough balls. They will continue to get better. Celestine had a great game as well.

Definitely our best staff under Fritz. Hell of a game and feels great to wake up to
3-0.

I just finished it, thanks for saying what I wanted to say!

I like Coach Fritz "Win Surfing".

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

I couldn't be more pleased. This is fun.

That said, I can imagine another reality where Pratt doesn't recover the snap-fumble on that fourth down gamble with only a couple minutes left. I suspect that this forum would be a much unhappier place today with far less enthusiasm and optimism.

Let's see how KState performs against Oklahoma next week and hope the Jays go 11-1. We should be fans of Missouri as they play Auburn, hoping that the MU Tigers also go 11-1 and win the SEC. Let's yell loudly as Tulane takes care of business with USM . This is a one-week-at-a-time thing.

Many of us who are getting up in years have seen unbelievable lows. Let's not get intoxicated with one win against a fairly good (but not great) team.

Beat USM. Roll Wave!
Bigschtick
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:10 pm I couldn't be more pleased. This is fun.

That said, I can imagine another reality where Pratt doesn't recover the snap-fumble on that fourth down gamble with only a couple minutes left. I suspect that this forum would be a much unhappier place today with far less enthusiasm and optimism.

Let's see how KState performs against Oklahoma next week and hope the Jays go 11-1. We should be fans of Missouri as they play Auburn, hoping that the MU Tigers also go 11-1 and win the SEC. Let's yell loudly as Tulane takes care of business with USM . This is a one-week-at-a-time thing.

Many of us who are getting up in years have seen unbelievable lows. Let's not get intoxicated with one win against a fairly good (but not great) team.

Beat USM. Roll Wave!
Great advice, lets not get totally out of control, too intoxicated! Long season but certainly a great start!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:10 pm I couldn't be more pleased. This is fun.

Beat USM. Roll Wave!
That other reality, where Pratt doesn't recover the dropped snap, has been most of Tulane's reality for a long time--that's what gives me real hope that this team and season might actually be a big departure from our usual past.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:31 pm

Beat USM. Roll Wave!
Great advice, lets not get totally out of control, too intoxicated! Long season but certainly a great start!
No, I'm going to get drunk and blindly optimistic while I can--and a 3-0 start is enough to get me doing that. Got to ride it while we got it, because as you imply, as a long time Tulane fan, I know there is no guarantee it will last.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

MicMan
Swell

Signature win; Check

Avoid letdown: TBD