USM Game Thread- TULANED AGAIN!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Eaglewave
Swell

And Kansas State is leading Oklahoma right now! That win would have meant something serious had we started 4-0. Damn.

Ball Sumrall!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:19 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:06 pm Beaten by a 1-2 Sunbelt team.
The Sun Belt will be the best G5 conference by a mile after this season.
With the help of performances like this. Can you imagine how the Sunbelt will compare to the newly constructed CUSAAC? 🤮
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenie78
Riptide

This game feels like the Navy and UAB losses combined from the last two seasons.
Oh Brother
Low Tide

When you hire a junior college retread as your coach and pay him more money than he has ever seen, you get this crap
Tulane1111
High Tide

How did we end up throwing to all new guys this week?… why cant they get the ball to the guys who played the first few games.

The Stats may be wrong, but we had 200 more yards than they did…. Without the drops we are like 23-29 on Passing.

The hump to get over now seems to be UAB, FAU & Southern Miss type opponents.
Last edited by Tulane1111 on Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sader24
Tsunami

What happened was we weren't prepared on Special Teams. We weren't focused, they were. We thought 14-0 meant we were up 35-0. Same thing happened with Navy a few years back up 24-0. He continues to fail to realize that no lead is safe here. He comes out after halftime makes no adjustments and believes he's just going to run dives and run out the clock and win 24-10. That's not going to happen. You have to come out and win games. Ive believed since Day 1 he's telling his OCs how to call the game and giving them directives mid game. Maybe im wrong but it looks the same every year. There is an issue somewhere when you went 2-10 last year and you are crowdsurfing at 3-0 over an unranked opponent. There is an issue when you are 3-0 for the 1st time in 24 years with a home game against a team ur favored by 11.5 against and you get outcoached and outprepared. He's a 6-6 guy and maybe this is a 6-6 program.
Wave755
Tsunami

Better team lost, first downs 25 to 13, rushing 204 yards to 60 yards.

Better team lost, so it’s on the coaching.🤮
greenie78
Riptide

6-6 isn't good enough anymore. And the conference isn't that good either. Every game is winnable, but can't be consistent.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

KSU was winning in Norman late in the first half last time I checked. Lucy wins again. We Tulane'd ourselves.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

Those Sun Belt schools recruit better than us esp at skill positions. Combine that with bad OC and we are screwed going forward.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:37 pm KSU was winning in Norman late in the first half last time I checked. Lucy wins again. We Tulane'd ourselves.
Exactly. Lucy hammered us again.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: Houston 34, Rice 27

So, Houston is still very beatable even after tonight’s 💩 show.
Ruski
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:42 pm Those Sun Belt schools recruit better than us esp at skill positions. Combine that with bad OC and we are screwed going forward.
Skill was not the problem. The KState game showed that. This was all on the coaches. The whole fourth quarter they couldn't get the players' mentality up, needed to turn around the momentum/mentality and that's on the coaches. And before that, up 14-0 you don't take your foot off the gas peddle. Not in a rivalry game, not when it's USM's super bowl. WF fucked this one up, again.
TURVS71
Swell

Sick and tired of this F-ing bullshit! You DON’T
lose to a team like USM! A GOOD team, as the promo said “ You win by any means necessary!” After the first quarter USM figured out what we were doing and went on to outscore us 27-3. On the flip side, WE did not adjust to what they were doing. That’s being said, I lay the loss ENTIRELY at the feet of Fritz! It’s these kinds of “embarrassments” that keep Tulane from building a decent fan base! Everyone knows that Tulane can not sustain success week after week so why bother to invest any energy! I am really pissed off and disgusted at this point. After taking a giant step forward we again crap our pants big time! Just really a bullshit feeling and disgust right now!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Hornetswave
Low Tide

K state on upset alert . If I could only imagine what could have been
Jaxwave
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:47 pm Final: Houston 34, Rice 27

So, Houston is still very beatable even after tonight’s 💩 show.

Not by us. No way we score with them.
Ruski
Swell

TURVS71 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:54 pm Sick and tired of this F-ing bullshit! You DON’T
lose to a team like USM! A GOOD team, as the promo said “ You win my any means necessary!” After the first quarter USM figured out what we were doing and went on to out score us 27-3. On the flip side WE did not adjust to what they were doing. That’s being said, I lay the loss ENTIRELY at the feet of Fritz! It’s these kinds of “embarrassments” that keep Tulane from building a decent fan base! Everyone know that Tulane can not sustain success week after week so why bother to invest any energy! I am really pissed off and disgusted at this point. After taking a giant step forward we again crap our pants big time! Just really a bullshit feeling and disgust right now!
100% this. After being a fan the last 12 years, I've gotten so sick of losing these games. In years past I would've stayed up late (game time was 2am locally) and gotten hyped up. Had a real wait-and-see approach this week. Was proven sadly correct. Waking up just in time to catch the 4th quarter and felt all too familiar.

Not sure where we go from here. This year and in general. Can't see the admin getting rid of WF for 6/7 win seasons. But not growing the fanbase either. A real football purgatory. Just a few more years before total oblivion.
Wave755
Tsunami

Hornetswave wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:55 pm K state on upset alert . If I could only imagine what could have been
K-State 34, OK 27 with 4:30 to go!
Jaxwave
Swell

Ruski wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:48 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:42 pm Those Sun Belt schools recruit better than us esp at skill positions. Combine that with bad OC and we are screwed going forward.
Skill was not the problem. The KState game showed that. This was all on the coaches. The whole fourth quarter they couldn't get the players' mentality up, needed to turn around the momentum/mentality and that's on the coaches. And before that, up 14-0 you don't take your foot off the gas peddle. Not in a rivalry game, not when it's USM's super bowl. WF fucked this one up, again.
We scored 17 points at K state with one TD after favorable field position, a 53 yard drive and a 52 yard drive. Can you tell me which skill people played well beside Celestine.
Wave755
Tsunami

Ruski wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:03 pm
TURVS71 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:54 pm Sick and tired of this F-ing bullshit! You DON’T
lose to a team like USM! A GOOD team, as the promo said “ You win my any means necessary!” After the first quarter USM figured out what we were doing and went on to out score us 27-3. On the flip side WE did not adjust to what they were doing. That’s being said, I lay the loss ENTIRELY at the feet of Fritz! It’s these kinds of “embarrassments” that keep Tulane from building a decent fan base! Everyone know that Tulane can not sustain success week after week so why bother to invest any energy! I am really pissed off and disgusted at this point. After taking a giant step forward we again crap our pants big time! Just really a bullshit feeling and disgust right now!
100% this. After being a fan the last 12 years, I've gotten so sick of losing these games. In years past I would've stayed up late (game time was 2am locally) and gotten hyped up. Had a real wait-and-see approach this week. Was proven sadly correct. Waking up just in time to catch the 4th quarter and felt all too familiar.

Not sure where we go from here. This year and in general. Can't see the admin getting rid of WF for 6/7 win seasons. But not growing the fanbase either. A real football purgatory. Just a few more years before total oblivion.
Yep, the 2020 Navy game debacle all over again.
Pepper
Swell

Probably the largest crowd I have seen in years. Unfortunately, Tulane you sucked me into coming to a game saying the team deserved my support. You saw the last of me again for this year unless you go to a decent bowl.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
greenie78
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:06 pm
Ruski wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:48 pm
We scored 17 points at K state with one TD after favorable field position, a 53 yard drive and a 52 yard drive. Can you tell me which skill people played well beside Celestine.
Because our QB isn’t any good.
Wave755
Tsunami

Final:
K-State 41
Oklahoma 34
🤷🏻‍♂️
KBWAVE
Ripple

Just my opinion. Safe play calling in the second half lost the game. For some inexplicable reason it looked like Fritz thought being up 17-10 at the half was good enough to try and sit on the lead. Fu&king ridiculous.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

First big game of importance in years and we don’t show up in the 2nd half. . Was planning on going to Houston but I’ll watch at home now. This is the most disappointed I’ve been since WF took over. The table was set all we had to do was take care of business at home against at 2 TD underdog that we blasted the last few times out. We fans won’t get fooled again.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981