Kansas St Game

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Good article just came out in the last hour on Kansas St. I’ll post a key quote I found interesting.
https://theathletic.com/3571035/2022/09 ... ed_article
When Kansas St President Wefald died last spring at 84, Snyder’s eulogy paid tribute to a president whose ambition for K-State football often exceeded what anyone thought possible.

“He realized when your athletic program excels, the notoriety for the university becomes greater,” Snyder told The Athletic. “That’s not necessarily something we all believe is right, but nevertheless, that’s the way it is. He loved sports. He loved athletics. He wanted to be part of it. He was not very good at sitting on the outside.”

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:09 am Good article just came out in the last hour on Kansas St. I’ll post a key quote I found interesting.
https://theathletic.com/3571035/2022/09 ... ed_article
When Kansas St President Wefald died last spring at 84, Snyder’s eulogy paid tribute to a president whose ambition for K-State football often exceeded what anyone thought possible.

“He realized when your athletic program excels, the notoriety for the university becomes greater,” Snyder told The Athletic. “That’s not necessarily something we all believe is right, but nevertheless, that’s the way it is. He loved sports. He loved athletics. He wanted to be part of it. He was not very good at sitting on the outside.”
the Tulane Prez's have not only been sitting "outside", but in the "out house"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

At a minimum, good athletic programs, especially football, get free university brand advertising on network TV for HOURS every weekend. It's not the way it should be, but it is a reality.
TURVS71
Swell

The knuckleheads at Tulane either don’t care or are too stupid to see this on their own!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TURVS71 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:16 am The knuckleheads at Tulane either don’t care or are too stupid to see this on their own!!
which makes me ask "why would anyone want to attend Tulane's Freeman School of Business" ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:18 am
TURVS71 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:16 am The knuckleheads at Tulane either don’t care or are too stupid to see this on their own!!
which makes me ask "why would anyone want to attend Tulane's Freeman School of Business" ?
Because they wake up sometime during their sophomore year and realize that their Social Justice major isn't going to enable them to repay their student debt. And since Fitts has required that Freeman have an open-door policy for any Tulane undergrad, Freeman now accounts for 1/3 of all Tulane undergrads--and it is now overwhelmed and resource short because of Fitts' required policy--not surprisingly the money allocation doesn't follow the student headcount. Most good business schools have their own admissions process to keep the schools from being overwhelmed. That's why Freeman has fallen from the 40's to the 70's or 80's in most ranking surveys. Most of Tulane's professional schools continue to decline--and of course Engineering was completely discontinued. But we're scoring high on community service and social responsibility surveys.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:49 am
Because they wake up sometime during their sophomore year and realize that their Social Justice major isn't going to enable them to repay their student debt. And since Fitts has required that Freeman have an open-door policy for any Tulane undergrad, Freeman now accounts for 1/3 of all Tulane undergrads--and it is now overwhelmed and resource short because of Fitts' required policy--not surprisingly the money allocation doesn't follow the student headcount. Most good business schools have their own admissions process to keep the schools from being overwhelmed. That's why Freeman has fallen from the 40's to the 70's or 80's in most ranking surveys. Most of Tulane's professional schools continue to decline--and of course Engineering was completely discontinued. But we're scoring high on community service and social responsibility surveys.
HouWave...thanks for the info...I was not aware of Tulane "open revolving door policy" for the Biz school...
Bigschtick
Riptide

Yea Fittless is in to all kinds of useless woke crap! I have not seen any rankings of any Tulane departments moving up and as all here knows , Tulane is just too stupid to realize the benefits of a successful athletics program. I don't waste my money anymore on Tulane.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:18 pm
HouWave...thanks for the info...I was not aware of Tulane "open revolving door policy" for the Biz school...
In addition to providing Tulane undergrads a "real world" bailout option, it is also the undeclared effort to save many of the liberal arts programs that are falling out of favor. Tulane hangs the business school banner out to attract undergrad applicants who otherwise wouldn't be able to get into a business school. And the relevance for Tulane athletics?--generally business school faculty are not as anti-athletics as other undergrad faculty, both historically and currently-- one reason being that the business school faculty are too busy trying to accommodate Fitts' open B-school policy, and secondly many Tulane athletes attend Freeman.
Wave755
Tsunami

H-Wave is correct, USN&WR ranks A.B. Freeman #80 for 2023.
https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-sc ... iana-01099

The lowest ranking, I can ever recall for Freeman. :clap: :thumbdown: :oops:

But, let's remember Tulane Freeman has been on USN&WR's 💩💩💩 list since the 2012 data mis-reporting scandal of the Cowen era (error?). https://www.nola.com/news/education/art ... e1ccf.html
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:58 pm
H-Wave is correct, USN&WR ranks A.B. Freeman #80 for 2023.
https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-sc ... iana-01099

The lowest ranking, I can ever recall for Freeman. :clap: :thumbdown: :oops:

But, let's remember Tulane Freeman has been on USN&WR's 💩💩💩 list since the 2012 data mis-reporting scandal of the Cowen era (error?). https://www.nola.com/news/education/art ... e1ccf.html
Yep--another Cowen ditch that Tulane is still trying to climb out of.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Kansas State runs the ball extremely well. If we can slow that down and get ahead we’ll be in a great spot. Their QB is known for turning the ball over. Losing Adonis is certainly not ideal for this match up, we need everyone to step up and clog the middle.
Jaxwave
Swell

Watching their game. They have great RB and pretty good running QB. Prettty fast defense and special teams. Add it all up I don’t think we match up very well. Could be a long day next Saturday.
Ruski
Swell

K State is beating the crap out of an SEC roster.... next week will be tough
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: K-State 40, Mizzou 12
https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401403876

And, Mizzou beat La. Tech 52 to 24 last week? 🤔
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

They are not an elite team like we have faced in most of our p5 matchups the last several years.

They are beatable and will be focused on the following weeks big time matchup vs OU.

Make their QB throw and try to do too much and he’s a walking turnover machine.

Their RB will be a big time nfl draft pick, find a way to clog the middle and put points on the board.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As to Missouri they brought in Jack Abraham at QB during the game. Two interceptions later he was back on the bench. They are an SEC team but they aren't a good team by any stretch of the imagination.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:46 pm As to Missouri they brought in Jack Abraham at QB during the game. Two interceptions later he was back on the bench. They are an SEC team but they aren't a good team by any stretch of the imagination.
True, Mizzou, So. Carolina & Vandy are the SEC cellar dwellers.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:53 pm K State is beating the crap out of an SEC roster.... next week will be tough
Just remember, anyone can beat anyone on any given day (for the most part). Perfect example today. Marshall goes into South Bend and beats Notre Dame, 26-21. And App St in the middle of the 4th at Texas A&M, tied at 14.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Think of the roster that app state is playing against. . . tA&M has the best roster money can buy and are in danger of losing at home. (And to a lesser extent see Marshall and Notre dame).

Sunbelt is putting on a show this year. . . Wish we hadn’t grabbed those Conf USA teams
RobertM320
Green Wave

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:29 pm Think of the roster that app state is playing against. . . tA&M has the best roster money can buy and are in danger of losing at home. (And to a lesser extent see Marshall and Notre dame).

Sunbelt is putting on a show this year. . . Wish we hadn’t grabbed those Conf USA teams
I agree. SBC would have been the better choice. But seems like SBC has their own plan in place. Kind of doing their own thing like the MAC does, except better talent.

Watch how good a game Old Dominion gives ECU tonight. And ECU took 13th ranked NC State to the wire last week.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

App St just beat #6 Texas A&M at College Station, 17-14.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:29 pm Think of the roster that app state is playing against. . . tA&M has the best roster money can buy and are in danger of losing at home. (And to a lesser extent see Marshall and Notre dame).

They took the CUSA teams because of the media markets involved
greenie78
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:52 pm

They took the CUSA teams because of the media markets involved
Yup and it looks awful.

I get UTSA and UAB. Obvious choices. Florida Atlantic has been a solid program as well.

But UNT, Rice, and Charlotte are awful choices.
anEngineer
Riptide

The AAC has a model to always opt for schools in media markets and urban areas. Those schools fit that model. You can say you disagree with the model, but it is consistent.