2022 Football Season Predictions

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

How many regular season games does Tulane win in 2022?

No votes
No votes
7%
No votes
7%
27%
27%
7%
7%
7%
13%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

8 wins in 1979...against these creampuffs.....
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/sc ... edule.html

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TXWave88
Surge

Well, it doesnt look like we were the creampuff on their schedule either... It also seems we are not averaging 6x homecoming opponent anymore. LOL.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:18 am 8 regular season wins would be a new high mark for Coach Fritz at Tulane. We haven't won 8 regular season games since 1998 which was our first 8 win season since 1979. 8 regular season wins would be a HUGE step in the right direction. I don't see it because Fritz hasn't shown his teams have the ability to eliminate the stupid mistakes that snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. We've had the talent to win a whole lot more than we have the past 6 seasons. Just do it.
Stupid mistakes and a strange inability to play a 60-minute game.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:17 am 8 wins in 1979...against these creampuffs.....
The good ole pre-Eamon Kelly, pre-Scott Cowen, pre-Michael Fitts days. When we played relevant schools and could beat relevant schools. Just think of how far we have fallen, and how many schools have passed us up over the last 43 years. In the 70's and early 80's, we would have laughed at the notion of playing Kansas State. Just compare our future schedules to that 1979 schedule--incredibly depressing. We are who we run with.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:32 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:17 am 8 wins in 1979...against these creampuffs.....
The good ole pre-Eamon Kelly, pre-Scott Cowen, pre-Michael Fitts days. When we played relevant schools and could beat relevant schools. Just think of how far we have fallen, and how many schools have passed us up over the last 43 years. In the 70's and early 80's, we would have laughed at the notion of playing Kansas State. Just compare our future schedules to that 1979 schedule--incredibly depressing. We are who we run with.
if the Willie was facing the '79 schedule, he would be shittin' in his pants
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:04 am
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:32 am
if the Willie was facing the '79 schedule, he would be shittin' in his pants
But the Gibson Hall airheads wouldn’t even notice a difference.
Dave breslin
Swell

And we lost to Rice in 79. Go figure.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Dave breslin wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:41 pm And we lost to Rice in 79. Go figure.
The only game Rice won all season....and they played one hell of a tuff schedule...Tulane was the cupcake for them
https://riceowls.com/sports/football/schedule/1979
MicMan
Swell

Talking about a season from 42 years ago as if it had one shred of meaning today.

LOL
HoustonWave
Tsunami

MicMan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:56 pm Talking about a season from 42 years ago as if it had one shred of meaning today.

LOL
It has plenty of meaning today. It was the last time we had a Gibson Hall administration that knew their ass from a hole in the ground. Now back to flipping your meat.
MicMan
Swell

LOLOLOLOLOL
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:23 am
DfromCT wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:18 am 8 regular season wins would be a new high mark for Coach Fritz at Tulane. We haven't won 8 regular season games since 1998 which was our first 8 win season since 1979. 8 regular season wins would be a HUGE step in the right direction. I don't see it because Fritz hasn't shown his teams have the ability to eliminate the stupid mistakes that snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. We've had the talent to win a whole lot more than we have the past 6 seasons. Just do it.
Stupid mistakes and a strange inability to play a 60-minute game.
Yeah you right. Dat too. :(
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We need to go 10-2 or better. What we will do most likely is get Willied- 6-6.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

7-5
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Tulane1111
High Tide

UCF offense struggling tonight at home, OL struggling against Louisville…. Running game is ok but high octane passing game not looking like past years at this stage.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Tulane1111 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:41 pm UCF offense struggling tonight at home, OL struggling against Louisville…. Running game is ok but high octane passing game not looking like past years at this stage.
UCF has no QB. Plumlee is an excellent athlete and runner, but he Is not a QB. He repeatedly makes bad decisions, throws into multiple coverage constantly, and has no touch on his passes.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Wowza, our OOC performance thus far as a conference has been AWFUL. Time for Tulane to step up
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Read this stat in the Advocate the other day.

The players talk openly about winning the American Athletic Conference championship - no one can accuse this team of aiming low-but a return to the middle of the pack is more realistic. The league schedule is not conducive to anything more. Doormat Temple is among the three teams Tulane misses, and it faces trips to conference co-favorites Houston and Cincinnati. Beating the bottom half will be pivotal. Fritz is 3-21 against teams who finished above .500 in their other conference games.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

It's time for our end-of-year grades. There were two visionaries who foresaw the 10 win season. One was winwave and the other lacked the confidence to post his name with the prediction.

Hat's off to the winner, winwave, who earned an A+: "The coach and the team have talked winning the conference championship this season. 8 wins won't come close to accomplishing the teams stated goal. So win 10 or more in the regular season and win the conference championship and we have a breakthrough season. ROLL WAVE ROLL !!!" Personally, I thought he had been drinking. In all fairness, he later wrote: "What we will do most likely is get Willied- 6-6."

Here are some of my other favorites:

golfnut (B-): " I can see 7-5 or 8-4 with Tulsa and Memphis in the W column, along with an upset of SMU and/or K-State". But then later he said: "no coach does more, with less than (Tulsa coach) Phillip Montgomery ....SMU missed the boat when they did not hire him". Montgomery was fired from Tulsa last week by none other than Dick Rickson.

msdos (F): "Where are you people counting these wins...It is like you haven’t seen fritz coach before"

NolaBigSteve(D): "I'm predicting 4-8. Fritz, his coaches, and his teams have done NOTHING that would lead me to believe we can achieve anything better."

I give myself a C. I picked 7 wins and I thought I was being wildly optimistic after the previous two-win year.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)