Wave picked 8th in the AAC here

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

In depth story on the AAC by The Athletic
Tulane a potential sleeper.
Picked ahead of #9 USF, #10 Navy and last #11 Temple
https://theathletic.com/3513998/2022/08 ... ed_article
8. Tulane

The Green Wave have pieces in place on offense, and the defense was better in the second half of last season. The nonconference schedule is much easier, but the conference schedule includes Cincinnati, Houston, UCF and SMU.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Swell

It’s fun to be a prognosticator but it’s like political poles. Not worth a poop. We can win every game on our schedule or flop like last year ( which I think was a fluke but a self inflicted enema). One game at a time to prove that we are better than that crap show of last year. We need to prove those “expert” pickers that they don’t know what they are writing about 🏈😳
Wave755
Tsunami

Dave breslin wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:00 am It’s fun to be a prognosticator but it’s like political poles. Not worth a poop. We can win every game on our schedule or flop like last year ( which I think was a fluke but a self inflicted enema). One game at a time to prove that we are better than that crap show of last year. We need to prove those “expert” pickers that they don’t know what they are writing about 🏈😳
It is amazing how "invisible" Tulane football has become this summer; one bad 2-10 Willie Fritz season and we no longer exist. And the Wave starting this season against UMASS doesn't help. But thankfully, the 2-day "official period of mourning" and outpouring of "extreme media grief" over the "retirement" of Myles Brennan, age 23, from college football has finally passed. 🥱 Myles Brennan for his "retirement" from LSU football received more local media coverage this week than Tulane football has to date for the entire summer. :clap:
Show Me
Tsunami

I see us going 8-4. Losing to those 4 AAC teams. The non-conference schedule is very weak compared to the recent past.
arkhou02
High Tide

Wave755 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:56 am
Dave breslin wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:00 am It’s fun to be a prognosticator but it’s like political poles. Not worth a poop. We can win every game on our schedule or flop like last year ( which I think was a fluke but a self inflicted enema). One game at a time to prove that we are better than that crap show of last year. We need to prove those “expert” pickers that they don’t know what they are writing about 🏈😳
It is amazing how "invisible" Tulane football has become this summer; one bad 2-10 Willie Fritz season and we no longer exist. And the Wave starting this season against UMASS doesn't help. But thankfully, the 2-day "official period of mourning" and outpouring of "extreme media grief" over the "retirement" of Myles Brennan, age 23, from college football has finally passed. 🥱 Myles Brennan for his "retirement" from LSU football received more local media coverage this week than Tulane football has to date for the entire summer. :clap:
No one really cares, especially the university. Most wave fans know the program will be playing in a CUSA type league going forward and we just aren’t in interested. Tulane University has no interest in playing with the big boys, so why should we contribute to athletics. Just ridiculous how the school has let athletics deteriorate to the point it has. Just a bush league administration.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

An interesting SB Nation 2022 forecast, based on 240,000 Monte Carlo simulations. It puts the Wave in the usual "struggling to get to bowl eligibility" mode.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... 7692fa44b3
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
arkhou02
High Tide

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:40 am An interesting SB Nation 2022 forecast, based on 240,000 Monte Carlo simulations. It puts the Wave in the usual "struggling to get to bowl eligibility" mode.

Can’t win big with no OL or any depth at CB. Will be another long season of injuries and what could have happened.
anEngineer
Riptide

arkhou02 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:23 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:40 am An interesting SB Nation 2022 forecast, based on 240,000 Monte Carlo simulations. It puts the Wave in the usual "struggling to get to bowl eligibility" mode.

Can’t win big with no OL or any depth at CB. Will be another long season of injuries and what could have happened.
You are obviously miserable watching Tulane. Maybe you should follow a team you like instead.
arkhou02
High Tide

anEngineer wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:09 pm

You are obviously miserable watching Tulane. Maybe you should follow a team you like instead.
I will after this year. Only real schedule we will play for probably forever.
anEngineer
Riptide

arkhou02 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:10 pm

Start now. Life is short and this site doesn't need more people beating up on Tulane just to be doing it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:59 pm

Start now. Life is short and this site doesn't need more people beating up on Tulane just to be doing it.
Just what Tulane needs- running off more fans. Brilliant. You need to toughen up buttercup. This site was created so that ALL fans could express themselves. This isn't the yoggie site where all has to be well all the time at Tulane. You knock him for knocking Tulane and all you ever do here is knock Tulane fans.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:16 am

Just what Tulane needs- running off more fans. Brilliant. You need to toughen up buttercup. This site was created so that ALL fans could express themselves. This isn't the yoggie site where all has to be well all the time at Tulane. You knock him for knocking Tulane and all you ever do here is knock Tulane fans.
+1,000,000
anEngineer
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:48 am

+1,000,000
Pay attention. This guy said he had made up his mind to leave after this year. Why wait and make yourself miserable?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:24 am

+1,000,000
Pay attention. This guy said he had made up his mind to leave after this year. Why wait and make yourself miserable?
It's his choice. What you miss is a lot of fans feel the same way- that this is our last year in a legit D-1 conference before taking a big step down. So they want to enjoy this season knowing it's the end. After that they may not be coming back.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:24 am

+1,000,000
I don't know what you're talking about Engineer--I haven't said I'm going anywhere. I have said that I will decrease or likely cease my academic donations to Tulane, which greatly exceed my athletic donations. I will continue my athletic donations, because our misery stems from Gibson Hall more so than from Wilson Center. I also have said that I may end my 45-year run of season tickets, because the CUSAAC schedule will be pathetic. But if nothing else, I'll stay on this board pointing out the painful realities of Tulane's lack of leadership and knocking some of the sugarcoating that some of you continue to sprinkle on the Gibson Hall turd.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He was referring to arkhou there not you.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:35 pm He was referring to arkhou there not you.
I wondered what he was referring to.
anEngineer
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:44 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:35 pm He was referring to arkhou there not you.
No, certainly not HoustonWave. Arkhou wanted to bash the program but said he was giving up on Tulane after this year. I wanted to know why he was waiting if he's miserable and leaving anyway.
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:25 pm
No, certainly not HoustonWave. Arkhou wanted to bash the program but said he was giving up on Tulane after this year. I wanted to know why he was waiting if he's miserable and leaving anyway.
I get his pain and frustration. I will never give up on the Wave but like him I will no longer devote the time and money that I had in the past. It’s hard to continue to live and die with a program that isn’t supported as it should be by its administration. That’s the reason we’ve lost 10’s of thousands of fans over the years and have never replaced them. 99% now grow up being Tiger fans. Back in my day it was no less than 50/50.
The new CUSAAC is awful and I doubt I’ll even watch those teams on ESPN+. I never imagined as a lifetime Wave fan we’d get this low.
arkhou02
High Tide

Show Me wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:16 pm
anEngineer wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:25 pm

I get his pain and frustration. I will never give up on the Wave but like him I will no longer devote the time and money that I had in the past. It’s hard to continue to live and die with a program that isn’t supported as it should be by its administration. That’s the reason we’ve lost 10’s of thousands of fans over the years and have never replaced them. 99% now grow up being Tiger fans. Back in my day it was no less than 50/50.
The new CUSAAC is awful and I doubt I’ll even watch those teams on ESPN+. I never imagined as a lifetime Wave fan we’d get this low.
Exactly the way I feel about football going forward. I will continue to follow both basketball and baseball as long as we have a seat at the table. The seat is being removed for football. I will no longer give any money to Tulane University or football. I will contribute some NIL money for basketball and baseball, but it won’t be much.