Electronic Tickets!!!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Greeniegb
Swell

I like most rather have the actual tickets in my hand versus on my phone. Periodically phones can act up, files can be deleted by mistake, bad when you go to scan a ticket your phone acts up. So I recommend and have done so myself to print the PDF picture of your tickets as backup. They can be printed on high quality photo paper that scans easily on a hand scanner. I was able to do that one game last year. I also went to scan and got a phone call on the phone messing me from showing tickets.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:59 pm I like most rather have the actual tickets in my hand versus on my phone. Periodically phones can act up, files can be deleted by mistake, bad when you go to scan a ticket your phone acts up. So I recommend and have done so myself to print the PDF picture of your tickets as backup. They can be printed on high quality photo paper that scans easily on a hand scanner. I was able to do that one game last year. I also went to scan and got a phone call on the phone messing me from showing tickets.
I’m old school but the advantages of transferring electronically are worth it. Saves money of printing and mailing plus we as fans can get the ticket to someone much easier and quicker as well. However my favorite season ticket will always be the baseball season pass punch card. In the old days they had a punch card about the size of your drivers license. . It had the numbers 1 2 3 4 etc …… representing each home game that season. All you’d do was show the gate person your card and they’d punch out that game for the day. It was laminated and held up very well. I still have few to this day somewhere. It was called a “Season Pass” and it had the year on top with a baseball picture of some sort. You could always see what game or games you missed or attended that season by the holes that were punched out. All seating was GA back then. You just kept the card in your wallet with your CC’s, DL and pocket size baseball schedule. That way you didn’t have to worry about forgetting to grab your ticket at home.
Back then it was a money saver because Tulane didn’t have to print up season ticket booklets. One pass took care of the entire season.

This past season going through security at the baseball games with your e-ticket on your phone was a complete nightmare. You’d get your e-ticket ready to show but security made you put your phone down along with keys, coins etc to get cleared to enter. By then you’d have to try and go back and find your ticket on your phone for the scanner inside the gate. Really was a pain in the ass. FB wasn’t much of a problem because security was way out in front of the gate and you had enough time to be able to pull it up as needed once you reached the scanner.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981