William Good, Jesuit Pitcher commits.

Talk about the latest recruits here.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:55 pm Jesuit guy
https://crescentcitysports.com/jesuits- ... &fs=e&s=cl
If only his name was "Johnny B"....then we could have one hell of a conversation
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
dpm wave
Swell

We could use a great one.
dpm wave
Swell

Is his name, William Good Pitcher?

What sport does he play?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Good delivers in Jays win
https://crescentcitysports.com/baseball ... tid=ykz3hl
Winning pitcher William Good did the job on the mound and at the plate.
On the bump, Good pitched six strong innings, allowing two earned runs on three hits. The Tulane commit walked two and struck out six to pick up the win. At the plate, Good had two hits and drove in three runs.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:15 am Good delivers in Jays win
https://crescentcitysports.com/baseball ... tid=ykz3hl
Winning pitcher William Good did the job on the mound and at the plate.
On the bump, Good pitched six strong innings, allowing two earned runs on three hits. The Tulane commit walked two and struck out six to pick up the win. At the plate, Good had two hits and drove in three runs.
if his name was Johnny B. ..... I would be impressed
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Nice outing the other day.

Tulane baseball signee leads Jesuit in a 9-5A win against Holy Cross

https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... 0c957.html
William Good allowed one hit through five innings and hit solo home run, and designated hitter Gates Barre drove in two runs and scored one as Jesuit beat Holy Cross 6-2 in a District 9-5A game Tuesday at Holy Cross.

Holy Cross second baseman Blake Chauvin hit a one-out solo homer in the fifth inning for the Tigers’ first hit. However, by that time, Jesuit (13-4, 2-1) had built a 5-0 lead.

Good, a senior who has signed with Tulane, struck out eight before being relieved by left-hander Jack Ainsworth to start the sixth inning.

“I was able to get my breaking ball across,” Good said. “We have a lot of young guys and some veteran guys, and it was good for us to get back to the excitement of district play.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Goes to 4-0 on the year Jays beat Rummel tonight. Also got the game winning hit.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

I don’t like seeing him pitch so much.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:21 am I don’t like seeing him pitch so much.
They do have a HS pitch count nowadays so at least that’s something.
Max pitches 125. A high school athlete, who throws 76 or more pitches on a Tuesday, can’t pitch again until at least Saturday. A two-day rest is required for someone throwing 51-75 pitches.

LHSAA Pitch-Count limitation
Pitches – Days rest
76+ 3
51-75 2
31-50 1
1-30 0
Side note:
Louisiana, Ohio and Washington are the only states with a 125-pitch limit. The limit in most states is 105 to 110 pitches.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Good gets MVP as he shuts out Rummel 1-0 to lead Jesuit to the State Championship.
https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... 43ec1.html
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

Still don’t like how much he pitched. My son played on HS team with Jonathan Papelbon. His dad was upset because he didn’t pitch very much. I told him, you’ve already signed to play at Miss St, you ought to hope he doesn’t throw another inning in HS. He went to college and became a closer, once again not putting a whole lot of pitches on that arm. Went to Red Sox, had long career and made millions. Papelbon’s younger brother threw every other game in HS going deep into pitch counts. Got a scholarship to N Fla and blew out his arm freshman year.
Another tidbit, the dad and mom were both LSU grads and Jonathan wanted to go there bad but Skip didn’t want him. Knowing Skip’s reputation with pitchers he probably would have overused him.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 10:19 am Still don’t like how much he pitched. My son played on HS team with Jonathan Papelbon. His dad was upset because he didn’t pitch very much. I told him, you’ve already signed to play at Miss St, you ought to hope he doesn’t throw another inning in HS. He went to college and became a closer, once again not putting a whole lot of pitches on that arm. Went to Red Sox, had long career and made millions. Papelbon’s younger brother threw every other game in HS going deep into pitch counts. Got a scholarship to N Fla and blew out his arm freshman year.
Another tidbit, the dad and mom were both LSU grads and Jonathan wanted to go there bad but Skip didn’t want him. Knowing Skip’s reputation with pitchers he probably would have overused him.
Last year Good lead Jesuit Retif to the state Legion title, in batting. He’s a two way player.

All his HS stats here:
Note: on the lack of HR’s is because Jesuit plays in a park that that Aaron Judge would hate to play in.
The ball has no carry there either.
Left Field Line… 320 feet Power Alleys… 379 feet
Center Field… 400 feet
Right Field Line… 325 feet

http://ballcharts.com/team/?team=jesuit ... &getteam=0
Look at the rest periods. He’s been used appropriately IMO.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Good stuff for Tulane baseball fans.
Tulane Class of 1981