TD Speaks

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Says nothing meaningful:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2022/8 ... annen.aspx

Wants us to enjoy the rest of the summer the same way he has.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:56 am Says nothing meaningful:

Couldn’t agree more.
Greeniegb
Swell

Show Me wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:18 am
winwave wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:56 am Says nothing meaningful:

Couldn’t agree more.
BS no major Facility Improvements, looks like more stay the course, of mediocracy!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Was hoping to hear something to the effect, “Tulane is intent on making itself more attractive for current and future realignment consideration. We are not content being a G5 member. Our academic and athletic goals are to excel at the highest level. Anything less would be a disappointment. We are embarking on a $200-$300 million fundraising campaign to fulfill those aspirations.”
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I agree tps. This is discouraging
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:00 pm I agree tps. This is discouraging
That’s my feeling also. No news is bad news.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:32 am Was hoping to hear something to the effect, “Tulane is intent on making itself more attractive for current and future realignment consideration. We are not content being a G5 member. Our academic and athletic goals are to excel at the highest level. Anything less would be a disappointment. We are embarking on a $200-$300 million fundraising campaign to fulfill those aspirations.”
You will never hear that from anyone at anytime from Tulane! GONE FISHIN!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Dannen continues to make Rick Dickson look like a competent AD. But a new tennis facility will be completed in the spring. Where is it going to be located?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Another TD communique devoid of any substance. Why? because there are no actions of substance being undertaken.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Show Me
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:49 pm Another TD communique devoid of any substance. Why? because there are no actions of substance being undertaken.
Sad when you’re bragging how many Covid tests you gave out. It was probably more then our season total in FB attendance. It just seems the University has no ambition to compete. This is exactly why no big donors are willing to throw away their money trying to make the situation better. Had I won the MegaMillions I’d only consider a major donation if the University matched and gave me a commitment in writing to fulfill my dreams for the Athletic program.
Just Show Me.
TURVS71
Swell

Another useless piece of email, and another useless year. Since the opening of Yulman stadium, there have been no significant events in Tulane Athletics. No major fundraising, no major facility improvements, and no attempt to make us more attractive for conference expansion. It’s sad to say that Dannen is just collecting his check and biding his time until a better offer comes along. This is all he can state in an update to the athletic situation then he hasn’t done anything. Hope the fishing was good!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Show Me
Tsunami

JerseyWave wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:33 pm Dannen continues to make Rick Dickson look like a competent AD. But a new tennis facility will be completed in the spring. Where is it going to be located?
I had a talk today with a long time fan that hated Dickson. He said that exact same thing. I’m wondering if Dannen has finally succumb to the Tulane way collect a check until you get an opportunity to bolt. Just a terrible situation for hopeful fans here.
anEngineer
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:33 pm Dannen continues to make Rick Dickson look like a competent AD. But a new tennis facility will be completed in the spring. Where is it going to be located?
The tennis facility is in Audubon Park. It's a much better situation for our deserving tennis programs.
TURVS71
Swell

Sorry, but I don’t give a rats ass about tennis, golf, sailing blah blah blah ..football, basketball and baseball, in that order l. Yeah, I know we need those other sports and more to remain D1… But come on we all know what the interesting sports are..

I’m getting to the point where I just wish that the Tulane administration would come out and say listen this is it no facilities we’re not going anywhere than where we are and just get it over with, Although I already know that!.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
MicMan
Swell

Blame Cowen all you want, but in the end he got his D3 sports.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:40 am Blame Cowen all you want, but in the end he got his D3 sports.
Sure looking that way.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

TURVS71 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:05 pm Sorry, but I don’t give a rats ass about tennis, golf, sailing blah blah blah ..football, basketball and baseball, in that order l. Yeah, I know we need those other sports and more to remain D1… But come on we all know what the interesting sports are..

I’m getting to the point where I just wish that the Tulane administration would come out and say listen this is it no facilities we’re not going anywhere than where we are and just get it over with, Although I already know that!.
I agree. But their inaction speaks volumes without words. One of the main purposes of an AD is to build relationships with donors, fans and perhaps the media to promote your mission. I just don’t see this from our AD. Since he only works 20% for Tulane he should at least spend that 20% fishing on his lake with potential donors. I guess he’s mailed it in like RD did.
Jaxwave
Swell

It would appear to me that based on the lack of action by even trying to raise funds for athletics, they’ve thrown in the towel and are focusing on academic fundraising as if they are mutually exclusive.
I don’t know about y’all but my academic donations dried up as the athletic dept seems to have been less (if at all) committed.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TD Speaks...and not a word was said.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

Anyone interested in what TD actually does say instead of harping on what he doesn't say, would do well to listen to his recent interview on The Current. It is really in depth. There were 2 things that I most noted.

First, he indicated that conference alignment regarding payouts may no longer be equally shared. Each school essentially has a value associated with it based on alumni interest and that determines how much you get, no matter what conference you are in. He said, if we were in the ACC or PAC12, we may still only get what we are getting now. Certainly, games against more interesting opponents may raise interest, but maybe not. He said the new schools entering the AAC are not as highly regarded as the current members and would only get their individual values.

Also, he said that national surveys of student athletes ranking things that are important to them, rated NIL and transfer rules at the bottom and mental health solidly at the top. Social media was mentioned as big reason for those issues. He said the Tulane athletes had access to no mental help professionals when he got here. Now there are 3 and he could use more.

Again, there were a LOT of in depth topics in the interview for anyone who cares to actually listen and learn.
MicMan
Swell

Posters: "TD, but how's the fishing in Ioway?"
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:48 am Anyone interested in what TD actually does say instead of harping on what he doesn't say, would do well to listen to his recent interview on The Current. It is really in depth. There were 2 things that I most noted.

First, he indicated that conference alignment regarding payouts may no longer be equally shared. Each school essentially has a value associated with it based on alumni interest and that determines how much you get, no matter what conference you are in. He said, if we were in the ACC or PAC12, we may still only get what we are getting now. Certainly, games against more interesting opponents may raise interest, but maybe not. He said the new schools entering the AAC are not as highly regarded as the current members and would only get their individual values.

Also, he said that national surveys of student athletes ranking things that are important to them, rated NIL and transfer rules at the bottom and mental health solidly at the top. Social media was mentioned as big reason for those issues. He said the Tulane athletes had access to no mental help professionals when he got here. Now there are 3 and he could use more.

Again, there were a LOT of in depth topics in the interview for anyone who cares to actually listen and learn.
Engineer, do you have a link to that interview? I've combed through several The Current websites and can't find it and would like to read it. I'd also like to know what those surveys are, the NIL and transfer rules may be at the bottom of the list because for the athletes its "mission accomplished"--they already have the portal and can get whatever they can in the NIL Wild Wild West, so I'm not surprised that those are not concerns. But I have to question whether mental health is at the top of the list. If that were the case, I have to believe every socially sensitive station and network in the country would be all over that story. Thanks in advance for any link you can provide.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
wave97
Swell

Tulane is in a wonderful position. They will always attract bright students who can manage a rigorous academic curriculum, a world class party scene & a fantastic cultural experience that is hard to match.
Yes, we missed getting on the private school "U" train in the late seventies (Coach Infante) and ground zero for the RPO (Coach Rodriguez).
For Tulane it just doesn't matter. They are turning kids away for $78,680.00 per year.
life is good in academia & it's even better at Tulane.
Jaxwave
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:48 am Anyone interested in what TD actually does say instead of harping on what he doesn't say, would do well to listen to his recent interview on The Current. It is really in depth. There were 2 things that I most noted.

I get it now. There is no reason for TD and Tulane to make an effort because we would be at the bottom in interest in the new league so would’t get a big payout. And the lesser teams coming into what’s left of the AAC won’t get full shares at first. What he’s missing is that due to admin apathy Tulane will be passed by the new schools in quick fashion and be at the bottom of the AAC. Tulane always takes self imposed flight to the bottom of whatever conference they end up in. There it is folks, we are making no attempt to move up and the result will be the end of Tulane athletics in the not too distant future.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This might have to be an alternate definition of "Tulane'd"
v. the action of listening to someone speak that is not saying anything.

"Dannen spoke and the audience was Tulane'd."
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V