Fall Camp 2022

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

2021 was an abberation:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... e15bb.html

Camp starts Wednesday.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Back to himself:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 8f61e.html

Camp started today.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

winwave wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:58 pm Back to himself:

Camp started today.
Hope Tyjae can stay healthy all year.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Big 12 three favored in the AAC:

Tulane at 7th.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

CBS says #107:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ports-131/

Lots of bulletin board material.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:31 pm CBS says #107:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ports-131/

Lots of bulletin board material.
I like Willie but this is year 7 and if we finish anywhere near that it will be unacceptable anywhere but Tulane.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Absolutely agree. There is no excuse this year. This is a very manageable schedule.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

No cramping !!!! Wowza ! It only took what 5 years ? 10 years ? Pre buffet bob ? To get the team In Good shape and turn the weather into an advantage for us. Must have been those two Tulane degrees our new conditioning coach has
Bigschtick
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:51 pm No cramping !!!! Wowza ! It only took what 5 years ? 10 years ? Pre buffet bob ? To get the team In Good shape and turn the weather into an advantage for us. Must have been those two Tulane degrees our new conditioning coach has
Lets not be so snarky this early in the season. We do have a strength coach from the Tulane family and thats a positive! Yes, Bob Toledo is gone and I do not wish him anything but good health!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I like the new S&C coach and he has gotten rave reviews from the players. He's one of the hires that gives me hope that we could possibly break through this season. Have to temper that with the knowledge that often the new guy gets rave reviews just because he is doing things differently. More to the point here it was an overcast morning with a 7:30 start to beat the heat. Our temps have only been mid 80's . So comparing apples to oranges as last year first day was blazing hot. Hopefully we continue to not battle cramps. More importantly we have to hope that under him we avoid those soft tissue injuries we have had in the past. Have both of those happen and it will back up all the good things we are hearing on him. I think we will.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:02 am I like the new S&C coach and he has gotten rave reviews from the players. He's one of the hires that gives me hope that we could possibly break through this season. Have to temper that with the knowledge that often the new guy gets rave reviews just because he is doing things differently. More to the point here it was an overcast morning with a 7:30 start to beat the heat. Our temps have only been mid 80's . So comparing apples to oranges as last year first day was blazing hot. Hopefully we continue to not battle cramps. More importantly we have to hope that under him we avoid those soft tissue injuries we have had in the past. Have both of those happen and it will back up all the good things we are hearing on him. I think we will.
Best strength hire we’ve ever had. I know a lot of kids on the Northshore that trained under him. They all rave about him. First thing we’ll see is increase in speed and conditioning. We will wear teams down like the Bowden teams did. He could easy be the difference in close games this season. He’s a big believer in speed. I’m excited to see the difference.
When we hired Kurt my phone began ringing from even LSU kids telling me he was a great hire. They were actually excited for Tulane. Most of my nephews and one son-in-law trained under him. Said he was “the best”.
I’m not a hype guy but he’s got me excited for this season.

Check this out:
https://zacheven-esh.com/ep-247/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I agree he's a good hire. Thought I made that clear above. I just pointed out yesterday wasn't a good measuring stick because of the difference in weather. That's all.
Pepper
Swell

Might be the best asst coach hiring since Infante.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Maybe a little bit of luck (cloudy weather) is what we need to ease the kids in. Fingers crossed the cramps have been solved. As a guy who has spent a lot of time in Louisiana you would think he is well experienced with getting his athletes ready for the heat.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:54 am Might be the best asst coach hiring since Infante.
Or maybe since RR.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:40 am I agree he's a good hire. Thought I made that clear above. I just pointed out yesterday wasn't a good measuring stick because of the difference in weather. That's all.
Yep. I agree. Just was backing you.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Offensive line expects a breakthrough:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 70bee.html
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

All we need is mediocre OL play and WR play. We have been saying it for years, maybe this is when it finally happens.

It truly makes little sense how we have so many veteran scholarship players and yet year after year we don’t even sniff being average. What happened to try tuggle ? I feel like freshman year he contributed and there was all this talk of him potentially being an all American and now years later absolutely nothing. We added multiple P5 guys who have started and contributed (and pursued by P5’s in the portal). We have to be able to scrape together an OL that is just barely Average.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

There is hope for the line to be better. The new staff has talked about using quicker routes and also rolling our QB out. They have recognized the deficiency in talent. Hopefully they follow up on that and don't just talk the talk. As to Tuggle I don't remember anyone saying he could be an All-American. He and Remetich started sometimes but always alternated. Neither did anything to stand out. So if someone did make that claim I would ignore them going forward. As to WR we will be better. McMenamin was the most important hire we made. He was the OC at UCM and then got hired as a HC. He was the brains behind that offense there.. He gives us that and a second coach that knows this offense and can speed up the learning process. He is also a tough coach who is going to get the most out of this group. Unlike the OL where there isn't a lot of talent there is talent at WR. He's going to make them better. He's the biggest reason I have hope for a breakthrough season .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Sorry It was remetich not tuggle-

https://crescentcitysports.com/tulane-o ... ports-com/

The OL and Secondary need to man up. Good to hear Keyes and Macdougle are on the field and playing g well.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Same with Remetich. That article actually came from Tulane's site. CCS copies that a lot. That says pre=season. I don't think he made any Freshman AA teams but like Tuggle some got overly excited but neither did anything special.
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:46 pm Same with Remetich. That article actually came from Tulane's site. CCS copies that a lot. That says pre=season. I don't think he made any Freshman AA teams but like Tuggle some got overly excited but neither did anything special.
Also sounds like all three quarterbacks are getting quality snaps with all the receivers learning from last year, next man up needs to be ready without seeing any large drop off in quality. Way winning teams win. Called quality depth.