Eddie Smith

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:04 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:51 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:31 am
tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:05 am Hard truth here. The Tulane baseball job has never been more difficult. Eddie Smith knows this. The word in the coaching circles confirms this. Andy is damaged goods and that’s the only reason we’d have a minuscule shot at maybe getting him but that it’s very unlikely he’d risk his second chance here. He’s paid a big time price blowing perhaps the best gig in all of college baseball. He’ll get another opportunity sooner than later. He’s a Tulane alumnus and that's why guys on here are so supportive.
Matt Riser just beat us out for a Jesuit player because of tuition BS. In addition there is going to be news soon (not yet in the media) which is a massive blow to our recruiting class that Tulane admissions could have handled but choose otherwise.
This year’s class? The kids coming to school right now?
Yep. Kid we actually signed. Not a commitment.
Imagine being a coach and finding out this a couple of weeks before school starts. Losing your best signee who happens to be a two-way player. Only Tulane.
Yet another reason why I don’t get excited about recruiting.
tps, I hope you are talking about a baseball recruit, and not a football recruit.
Only our best baseball recruit that happens to be a two way player.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:07 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:04 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:51 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:31 am
tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:05 am Hard truth here. The Tulane baseball job has never been more difficult. Eddie Smith knows this. The word in the coaching circles confirms this. Andy is damaged goods and that’s the only reason we’d have a minuscule shot at maybe getting him but that it’s very unlikely he’d risk his second chance here. He’s paid a big time price blowing perhaps the best gig in all of college baseball. He’ll get another opportunity sooner than later. He’s a Tulane alumnus and that's why guys on here are so supportive.
Matt Riser just beat us out for a Jesuit player because of tuition BS. In addition there is going to be news soon (not yet in the media) which is a massive blow to our recruiting class that Tulane admissions could have handled but choose otherwise.
This year’s class? The kids coming to school right now?
Yep. Kid we actually signed. Not a commitment.
Imagine being a coach and finding out this a couple of weeks before school starts. Losing your best signee who happens to be a two-way player. Only Tulane.
Yet another reason why I don’t get excited about recruiting.
tps, I hope you are talking about a baseball recruit, and not a football recruit.
Only our best baseball recruit that happens to be a two way player.
That's too bad, but not as bad as some of the self-inflicted football recruiting wounds we have had to endure in the past. I was afraid we were slipping back into the Tulane Model world. While I hate to see us lose a good baseball recruit, I'm hardly surprised given Dannen's clear indifference toward baseball. What is the story on us losing this recruit?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
McWave
High Tide

So ES now has the title of hitting coach for his new team which just went hit less for the first time ever in a 9 inning game. That’s over 100 years of baseball. Hats off to you Eddie. It’s early in the season but I think Eddie took too much credit for Hoese’s hitting development. I think the real developer is still with Tulane.
Profoundwizard
Swell

McWave wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:45 pm So ES now has the title of hitting coach for his new team which just went hit less for the first time ever in a 9 inning game. That’s over 100 years of baseball. Hats off to you Eddie. It’s early in the season but I think Eddie took too much credit for Hoese’s hitting development. I think the real developer is still with Tulane.
Why try to discredit what Smith did at Tulane? He clearly had a positive impact on the Tulane hitters. The numbers trended up when he was here and they’re trending down without him.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's why we let LSwho have him for free. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

Smith was a good coach for us.
Nevertheless, I continue to deeply discount the "blame Tulane" theories, as I have for the last 2 decades. While there is probably some truth, their major effect has been to prop up non-performing Tulane coaches (not coincidentally, I suspect that the source of much of the "blame Tulane " is the non-performers). I'm preparing for a deep dose when it comes to the debacle of our women's hoops program.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Eddie and Paul Mainieri’s relationship goes back to Mainieri’s day’s at ND.
He did a good job for us here. The kids all liked him. Not sure what’s the story in BR. That OU no hitter yesterday was pretty impressive. Eddie has his work cut out for him apparently. 🤣🤣🤣
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:29 am Eddie and Paul Mainieri’s relationship goes back to Mainieri’s day’s at ND.
He did a good job for us here. The kids all liked him. Not sure what’s the story in BR. That OU no hitter yesterday was pretty impressive. Eddie has his work cut out for him apparently. 🤣🤣🤣
Two Busch type challenges one in Houston.... one in Round Rock, home of the Express, ...what a damn shame something like this has been allowed to die NOLA....whoever got paid off to "screw up" the dome from not being able to host baseball, needs a last meal, blindfold and a firing squad, or last meal and then used a gator ro shark bait
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Living life
Tulane Class of 1981