Spears on the Doak Walker Watch List

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He is one of 74 on the list and one of 4 from the AAC:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2022/7 ... -list.aspx

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

How could he make the list? Ponchatoula never won a state championship!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:57 pm He is one of 74 on the list and one of 4 from the AAC:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2022/7 ... -list.aspx
Congratulations to Tygae, definately a consistent game breaking running back that can do it all great receiver in addition to runner. He will have alot of competition this year from Clayton and others. Carroll has digressed last year hopefully the competition will get him back in line. Great speed and size but has lagged behind Spears in developing. Spears is a running back that the coaching staff has to get him in space, swing passes, screen passes will take the pass rush off of whoever is the Quarterback! Tygae's speed makes it differcult for linebackers to cover, can pull db coverage off of the receivers opening them up for single coverage opportunities.
Greeniegb
Swell

Pepper wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:26 pm How could he make the list? Ponchatoula never won a state championship!
Wake up performance speak better than opinion!!!
2021: Established himself as the Green Wave’s top running back with 863 rushing yards and nine touchdowns through 12 games… Rushed for over 100 yards in four of the last five games of the season.
Had his first 100-yard game at home versus Cincinnati, totaling 106 yards and a touchdown (Oct. 30)… Accumulated 112 yards of total offense at UCF (Nov. 6)… Rushed for 104 yards versus Tulsa (Nov.13)… Had 111 yards and two touchdowns in the final home game of the season versus USF (Nov.19)… Had a career to close out the season at Memphis rushing for 264 yards and two touchdowns (Nov. 27).
Pepper
Swell

Did you ever play football?
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Greeniegb
Swell

Pepper wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:05 am Did you ever play football?
Yes, high school and some semi pro.

What's that to do with knowing the game and being a student of the game. LSU last basketball coach never played basketball so!!! I read and back my info with documentation from coaches and players.
Early on as a high school player my versitility and knowledge was good playing quarterback, offensive guard, defensive end. We had a small team so coach had to use us all over. Last two weeks of practice as our small running backs were injured I was given a chance to fill in at running back and Coach told me he wish he had recognized my speed, size and drive in my thighs were a great combination, he said I was a missed opportunity. Coach Joe Ernst!!!
MicMan
Swell

Years ago I was in Steamboat Springs on a Tulane ski club trip. I wandered into a ski shop and what do I see on a rack of jackets -- Doak Walker's Heisman trophy. Turns out he owned the shop.

That may be the closest any Wave has gotten to the award.
GreenRiver
Ripple

MicMan wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:40 pm Years ago I was in Steamboat Springs on a Tulane ski club trip. I wandered into a ski shop and what do I see on a rack of jackets -- Doak Walker's Heisman trophy. Turns out he owned the shop.

That may be the closest any Wave has gotten to the award.
Tulane Ski Club!?
Makes me wonder if Nebraska has a surfing club... :mrgreen: