Tulane #6 in APR

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:34 am in the AAC...
https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/07 ... nference/2
I can't take those rankings seriously. The key to whether an athlete (1) stays in school, and (2) remains eligible, depends on each school's criteria for those two variables. The fact that Navy and Tulane rank behind Memphis shows that the rankings are meaningless. What does it take to stay enrolled and eligible at Memphis--driving across campus at least once a month?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:41 am
I can't take those rankings seriously. The key to whether an athlete (1) stays in school, and (2) remains eligible, depends on each school's criteria for those two variables. The fact that Navy and Tulane rank behind Memphis shows that the rankings are meaningless. What does it take to stay enrolled and eligible at Memphis--driving across campus at least once a month?
Regardless of how accurate the rankings may or may not be, this is the first time in a LONG time we've been higher than 90th of 130 FBS programs. We were stuck for the last number of years in the mid 90's. Which meant we were even worse in the classroom than on the gridiron where we were approaching mediocrity until last season.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

Did anyone check to see who was last in those rankings?
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:41 am
True, USN&WR has Memphis ranked #249, & they outrank Tulane in APR? https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/un ... mphis-3509
anEngineer
Riptide

I don't know what those rankings really mean either. Tulane does an excellent job of making sure that athletes get degrees.
Show Me
Tsunami

Heads need to roll. This is inexcusable. Finish 2-10 and have that APR is a disgrace.
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:51 pm I don't know what those rankings really mean either. Tulane does an excellent job of making sure that athletes get degrees.
Nothing to do with that.. It’s retention rate.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:51 pm I don't know what those rankings really mean either. Tulane does an excellent job of making sure that athletes get degrees.
Except in football which lags all other sports by a wide margin.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:43 pm Heads need to roll. This is inexcusable. Finish 2-10 and have that APR is a disgrace.
When we were .500 the last few years our APR was in the mid 90's. I'd rather have wins on the gridiron than the classroom, but both performances are lousy.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:23 am
Show Me wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:43 pm Heads need to roll. This is inexcusable. Finish 2-10 and have that APR is a disgrace.
When we were .500 the last few years our APR was in the mid 90's. I'd rather have wins on the gridiron than the classroom, but both performances are lousy.
I've always felt the same way, D. Other than staying eligible, I could care less whether our athletes do well academically or not. Just as I don't care how much our Anthropology majors can bench press or run a 40--apples and oranges. Academic performance is an individual accomplishment and has nothing to do with one's role on the field or court.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana