3 leave... 6 shall enter

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

Is anyone really excited about the new league? Even if we compete successfully, we’re looking at 7-10,000 max at most football games and 1,000 max in basketball. “Tulane-Rice, Saturday night, get your tickets here….at Payless shoes free with a purchase of a pair of shoes!”
Greeniegb
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:34 pm Is anyone really excited about the new league? Even if we compete successfully, we’re looking at 7-10,000 max at most football games and 1,000 max in basketball. “Tulane-Rice, Saturday night, get your tickets here….at Payless shoes free with a purchase of a pair of shoes!”
If you would do some research each one of these schools are up and coming with major investments in facilities and have growing fanbases with large student bodies. Lots of potential, it's not them I am worried about, will we keep up with those schools or fall further behind!!! Our fan base needs to show up or shut up, so that the administration will see that investment will yield a rate of return. Those fans and students are proving it. Its up to us now!!!
Show Me
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:13 am
Jaxwave wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:34 pm Is anyone really excited about the new league? Even if we compete successfully, we’re looking at 7-10,000 max at most football games and 1,000 max in basketball. “Tulane-Rice, Saturday night, get your tickets here….at Payless shoes free with a purchase of a pair of shoes!”
If you would do some research each one of these schools are up and coming with major investments in facilities and have growing fanbases with large student bodies. Lots of potential, it's not them I am worried about, will we keep up with those schools or fall further behind!!! Our fan base needs to show up or shut up, so that the administration will see that investment will yield a rate of return. Those fans and students are proving it. Its up to us now!!!
Everyone investing but Tulane. Show Me.
Second. Once the league changes over we’ll be playing on Monday’s, Thursday’s and Friday’s to appease ESPN’s need for weekday sports. Otherwise none of these teams will make it to the major ESPN cable channels. Sad but slow destruction continues. We need announcement and major investment drive and get out of this league ASAP.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I remember "Shoe Town" having ticket promos, and I think one was for the Jazz
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

Nobody here should be looking down their nose at any new team coming into the league. Lets just hope we can be competitive and not at the bottom. Tulane has long since made it quite clear it wants no part of big time athletics. With these bumbling fools that run this university, I am surprised we still have an athletics program, Anybody that refers to these teams as "garbage", ought to have their head examined! Just sayin.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:56 am Nobody here should be looking down their nose at any new team coming into the league. Lets just hope we can be competitive and not at the bottom. Tulane has long since made it quite clear it wants no part of big time athletics. With these bumbling fools that run this university, I am surprised we still have an athletics program, Anybody that refers to these teams as "garbage", ought to have their head examined! Just sayin.
AMEN !!!!....
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:05 am
Bigschtick wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:56 am Nobody here should be looking down their nose at any new team coming into the league. Lets just hope we can be competitive and not at the bottom. Tulane has long since made it quite clear it wants no part of big-time athletics. With these bumbling fools that run this university, I am surprised we still have an athletics program, Anybody that refers to these teams as "garbage", ought to have their head examined! Just sayin.
AMEN !!!!....
I couldn't agree more.

And at the same time, I'm pissed off at our conference leadership that assured JMU they were in then literally stopped returning calls 2 days before the expansion announcements. Of all the programs that moved into the AAC and SunBelt, I predict JMU will make the most noise over their first 5 years across all sports. Their commitment is tangible. And I'm sorry, but I'd rather play them in football than Rice, Marshall, or most of the rest of the AAC. The Dukes are already a better football program than most of both conferences.

Meanwhile, Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumb keep twiddling their thumbs as the sands run out of the hourglass and Tulane is left behind forever.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:56 am Nobody here should be looking down their nose at any new team coming into the league. Lets just hope we can be competitive and not at the bottom. Tulane has long since made it quite clear it wants no part of big time athletics. With these bumbling fools that run this university, I am surprised we still have an athletics program, Anybody that refers to these teams as "garbage", ought to have their head examined! Just sayin.
No one looking down at them. The point is on a football interest level they are not attractive especially nationally. However many of the new schools joining will make big investments and pass us up. Our goal should always be to join a P5 league. Show Me I’m wrong.
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:50 am
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:05 am
Bigschtick wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:56 am Nobody here should be looking down their nose at any new team coming into the league. Lets just hope we can be competitive and not at the bottom. Tulane has long since made it quite clear it wants no part of big-time athletics. With these bumbling fools that run this university, I am surprised we still have an athletics program, Anybody that refers to these teams as "garbage", ought to have their head examined! Just sayin.
AMEN !!!!....
I couldn't agree more.

And at the same time, I'm pissed off at our conference leadership that assured JMU they were in then literally stopped returning calls 2 days before the expansion announcements. Of all the programs that moved into the AAC and SunBelt, I predict JMU will make the most noise over their first 5 years across all sports. Their commitment is tangible. And I'm sorry, but I'd rather play them in football than Rice, Marshall, or most of the rest of the AAC. The Dukes are already a better football program than most of both conferences.

Meanwhile, Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumb keep twiddling their thumbs as the sands run out of the hourglass and Tulane is left behind forever.
Thankfully, Marshall is heading to the ‘Mighty Belt and not the AAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

One of the few redeeming things about the new AAC is that scumbag Marshall is not a part of it.
Wave755
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:24 am One of the few redeeming things about the new AAC is that scumbag Marshall is not a part of it.
👍🏻
Bigschtick
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:24 am One of the few redeeming things about the new AAC is that scumbag Marshall is not a part of it.
Well said!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wave755
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:44 am
Well said!
And, I hope ULALA & the "Sleeze Douchebag" Marshall Thundering Herd are very happy together. :D
greenie78
Riptide

Tulane Athletics is pretty much dead at this point. It’s not going anywhere. This latest baseball hire is another sign that the school doesn’t even care.