Bennett Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

Does anybody blame this kid one bit. I wanna be mad at him but I’d leave too. It does hit me wrong when they get sentimental about their time at a place. Think about that Pitt WR walking from his teammates who supported him from 4 years. What has happened to college athletics is a crime. The money changing hands in the guise of non profit donations, the universities allowing immoral and unethical behavior by all in the system. It’s abominable.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Next step will be contracts. Instead of offering a kid a scholly a year a time, they'll offer a 4 year deal and guaranteed NIL money, in exchange for an agreement not to transfer waived only if there's a head coaching change. Kids want to be adults? Want to be paid for their time, and be able to make their own decisions? In life that goes both ways.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Lee delivers game winning hit in the CWS vs LSU
as Wake wins 3-2 over the Tigers.
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

Smart kid! He knew what kind of coach Uhlman would be, and what kind of team he would have!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:53 pm Does anybody blame this kid one bit. I wanna be mad at him but I’d leave too. It does hit me wrong when they get sentimental about their time at a place. Think about that Pitt WR walking from his teammates who supported him from 4 years. What has happened to college athletics is a crime. The money changing hands in the guise of non profit donations, the universities allowing immoral and unethical behavior by all in the system. It’s abominable.

It’s capitalism. If I remember you believe the market and it’s invisible hand should dictate the economy, well you got it now in college sports.
Greeniegb
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:55 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:53 pm Does anybody blame this kid one bit. I wanna be mad at him but I’d leave too. It does hit me wrong when they get sentimental about their time at a place. Think about that Pitt WR walking from his teammates who supported him from 4 years. What has happened to college athletics is a crime. The money changing hands in the guise of non profit donations, the universities allowing immoral and unethical behavior by all in the system. It’s abominable.

It’s capitalism. If I remember you believe the market and it’s invisible hand should dictate the economy, well you got it now in college sports.
Not capitalism, called greed, no more amateur athletes, because of assault weapons schools need to be built like a fortress tramatizing our children, next is arming guards with AR-15 along with police for protection, athletes are millionaires, Pro franchise owners are billionaires, teachers and police are so poorly paid they need government assistance in some cases. Anyone that says this is what should be need their heads examined. Education takes a backseat to sports.
Pepper
Swell

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:05 pm

Not capitalism, called greed, no more amateur athletes, because of assault weapons schools need to be built like a fortress tramatizing our children, next is arming guards with AR-15 along with police for protection, athletes are millionaires, Pro franchise owners are billionaires, teachers and police are so poorly paid they need government assistance in some cases. Anyone that says this is what should be need their heads examined. Education takes a backseat to sports.
I think the kid is getting a pretty good education and playing top notch baseball. He would not have gotten the latter at Tulane.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Congrats to Bennett Lee. He clearly made the right decision for him. He'll never have to hang his head for having gone to Wake Forest. it's every bit as good or better academically than Tulane. He saw the writing on the wall with one bad coach fired and another one promoted, he wanted out. Good for him, he picked the right school, at the least he got a trip to the CWS (something he wasn't getting at Tulane) at best he might win a national championship. Those accomplishments last a lifetime, regardless of his future in baseball. And his potential has a better chance of being realized than it did had he stayed.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Dave breslin
Swell

Well stated D. Glad to see that at least we have something to crow about after our sad season. No reason our program can’t get back to respectability. We had to fix the big leak in our boat first(football). Now, it’s time to patch this one and ROLL ON. That trailer park crowd sure got quiet after a couple of ex Wave players defanged those kitties
Greeniegb
Swell

Pepper wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:47 am

I think the kid is getting a pretty good education and playing top notch baseball. He would not have gotten the latter at Tulane.
Narrow minded view how about the coach that pushes kids aside and replaces them in the transfer portal, tell that one to the parents of Colorado players pushed aside not given the chance to compete and improve under a new coach. Your view is killing the college experience of athletes growing as a team with teamwork. This cancer is destroying the game and what life is really about!!!
Jaxwave
Swell

I’m with you Greenie!
Pepper
Swell

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:38 pm
Pepper wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:47 am

Narrow minded view how about the coach that pushes kids aside and replaces them in the transfer portal, tell that one to the parents of Colorado players pushed aside not given the chance to compete and improve under a new coach. Your view is killing the college experience of athletes growing as a team with teamwork. This cancer is destroying the game and what life is really about!!!
If he was my kid I never would have wanted him to play for Jewett much less his assistant. Don't blame the kid for poor decision making by the AD. And just for clarification more than half the players in the portal go nowhere.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
arkhou02
High Tide

Jewett, no. His assistant, yes!

Yes, Lee & Massey have done well. Good for them, but this scenario is 1 in a 1,000. And they should have stayed if they truly wanted to build something. The moves of Siegel, DeVito, and Groff didn’t work out at all.

We all want the four star guys in football to come here, take a chance, and build something. If these guys were smart, they would have realized the difference between Jewett and Uhlman. I’m pulling for both guys to win it all because their roots are with Tulane, but should have built our program, not Wake Forest.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

arkhou02 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:14 pm Jewett, no. His assistant, yes!

Yes, Lee & Massey have done well. Good for them, but this scenario is 1 in a 1,000. And they should have stayed if they truly wanted to build something. The moves of Siegel, DeVito, and Groff didn’t work out at all.

We all want the four star guys in football to come here, take a chance, and build something. If these guys were smart, they would have realized the difference between Jewett and Uhlman. I’m pulling for both guys to win it all because their roots are with Tulane, but should have built our program, not Wake Forest.
SO had Lee and Massey stayed, it would have meant the program was building instead of the dumpster fire of a season we had instead? I don't buy that, and don't blame them one bit for leaving as any player at any time has a right to do. Just as any student can do the same and many do for many reasons.

BTW: about 10 4 star football recruits per season commit to the 65 or so non P5 football programs. We cannot build a program on 4 star recruits, there simply is not enough of them willing to go the G5 route. We might get more than we have since we've become the apparent top G5 program, but if we get two in a recruiting season that woud be HUGE. And as we've seen, they don't always play up to their 4 star reputation.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

Baseball season is over and Uhlman is staying. We should all be able to acknowledge that vital parts of the 2022 team left due to a coaching change. That's normal everywhere. Because of that, and poor decisions by the disinterested previous HC, the team was lacking talent, but they never quit. Coach Uhlman is bringing in players that, on paper, are better than the ones from 2023. Can we just put it to rest and judge the program by what happens next year?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:18 am Baseball season is over and Uhlman is staying. We should all be able to acknowledge that vital parts of the 2022 team left due to a coaching change. That's normal everywhere. Because of that, and poor decisions by the disinterested previous HC, the team was lacking talent, but they never quit. Coach Uhlman is bringing in players that, on paper, are better than the ones from 2023. Can we just put it to rest and judge the program by what happens next year?
There’s a NIL initiative coming from baseball alums that are intent on raising at least $300K to help with acquiring portal talent. Unfortunately this is what the game has evolved into. This is needed just to keep or acquire a couple of productive players these days on top of tuition.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Tough way to lose. Massey was mowing them down and Tom Walter blew it by pulling him.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Drafted today by the Detroit Tigers #170.
He’ll never beat out Jake
Tulane Class of 1981