ECU Super Regional

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
winwave
Top of the WAVE

ECU beats Texas 13-7 in game one.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:00 pm ECU beats Texas 13-7 in game one.
Wow. Great for them. I’m not sure I want them going to the CWS though.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tufinal4
High Tide

Tim, I do- go ECU all the way to Omaha
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tufinal4 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:04 am Tim, I do- go ECU all the way to Omaha
Will help their recruiting though
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:39 am
tufinal4 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:04 am Tim, I do- go ECU all the way to Omaha
I don’t see it changing too much. They’re already light years ahead of us as a program
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They are one of the teams staying in the conference so I hope they go all the way.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

I'm pulling for them plus I hate Texas.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:58 am They are one of the teams staying in the conference so I hope they go all the way.
plus 1 from me.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:25 am
I don’t see it changing too much. They’re already light years ahead of us as a program
Light years ahead of us!!?? We beat them in the series this year. That hardly sounds like "light years" to me. They have a better coach than we had. Hopefully that is no longer the case.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:33 am I'm pulling for them plus I hate Texas.
If ECU wins, I am getting an ECU golf shirt to wear at the Tournament next month @ UT Golf course in Stiener Ranch.....my 3 teammates are proud (?) UT grads...cannot wait for the krap to hit the fan
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:41 am
If ECU wins, I am getting an ECU golf shirt to wear at the Tournament next month @ UT Golf course in Stiener Ranch.....my 3 teammates are proud (?) UT grads...cannot wait for the krap to hit the fan
I can't wear purple and gold under ANY circumstances!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:50 am
golfnut69 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:41 am
I can't wear purple and gold under ANY circumstances!
mista engineer...I plan on makin' an exception ! Who knows there maybe a white golf shirt with purple and gold ECU logo and trim... and this seems to be the winnah
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... EBQ&adurl=
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Besides WSU (fairly recent AAC edition) Tulane is the only other school in the AAC that has been to Omaha. I guess that’s another reason why I’m not keen on them getting there. As far as staying in the league they have very few options outside of the AAC.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Side note: Will the #1 overall top seed curse continue?
A No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament hasn't won the championship since 1999. If Tennessee wants to get to Omaha to change that, they'll have to turn it around this afternoon when Notre Dame and Tennessee meet at 1 p.m.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

I’m hoping that Karma catches up to the arrogant behavior of that team and coach and fan base this year.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:48 pm I’m hoping that Karma catches up to the arrogant behavior of that team and coach and fan base this year.
9-8 Texas won today.
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

ECU had bases loaded with one out in the 9th and had a runner picked off third. THAT is inexcusable! If they lose the series and don't make it to Omaha again, they will always talk about that.
Profoundwizard
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:36 am

Light years ahead of us!!?? We beat them in the series this year. That hardly sounds like "light years" to me. They have a better coach than we had. Hopefully that is no longer the case.
They have made it to the Super Regionals two years in a row. Tulane hasn’t been to a regional since 2016.
They’re light years ahead
anEngineer
Riptide

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:55 pm
anEngineer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:36 am

They have made it to the Super Regionals two years in a row. Tulane hasn’t been to a regional since 2016.
They’re light years ahead
I think you don't know what a light year is.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

If Texas and OU were in SEC now you could potentially see 7 of 8 from SEC in the CWS

Texas
OU
Texas A&M
Auburn
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Ark
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The #1 curse continues. ND knocks off #1 Tennessee in Game 3
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:25 pm If Texas and OU were in SEC now you could potentially see 7 of 8 from SEC in the CWS

Texas
OU
Texas A&M
Auburn
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Ark
Which only proves how screwed up the NCAA and the other conferences are by allowing the SEC to run away from the other conferences in terms of resources. They have the best coaches including assistants, the best stadiums, the best players all because of dollars earned on the backs of their cowardly competitors. They basically are partners with ESPN so they get way more exposure than all of the other conferences.
In summary, THEY SHOULD DOMINATE EVERY SPORT EVERY YEAR! And to think Tulane made the choice to leave that conference instead of investing in their program and competing. At every turn, they’ve repeated that mistake to effectively doom their program forever.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:12 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:25 pm If Texas and OU were in SEC now you could potentially see 7 of 8 from SEC in the CWS

Texas
OU
Texas A&M
Auburn
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Ark
Which only proves how screwed up the NCAA and the other conferences are by allowing the SEC to run away from the other conferences in terms of resources. They have the best coaches including assistants, the best stadiums, the best players all because of dollars earned on the backs of their cowardly competitors. They basically are partners with ESPN so they get way more exposure than all of the other conferences.
In summary, THEY SHOULD DOMINATE EVERY SPORT EVERY YEAR! And to think Tulane made the choice to leave that conference instead of investing in their program and competing. At every turn, they’ve repeated that mistake to effectively doom their program forever.
Indeed. Really changed our history forever. Cost the school hundreds of millions with no end insight.
#1 Tennessee thankfully eliminated with the number 1 curse.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave Fan
Low Tide

The decision ultimately sent generations of fans to the exit.
Show Me
Tsunami

Texas leads 4-0 in rain delay.
USM doesn’t score a run all weekend Miss to CWS
ARK beats NC 4-3 to advance to Omaha.
Auburn one win away.
Oklahoma in.
Outside of Tennessee looks like the SEC will take over Omaha.