ECU Super Regional

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
DrBox
Riptide

USM really spit the bit. They had probably the weakest regional, and, the way things worked out, far and away the easiest Super Regional.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ECU done. Falls at home to Texas 11-1.
Two spots remain between :
Stanford vs UCONN
OSU vs Auburn
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Congrats to Texas coach David Pierce on another trip to the CWS.
anEngineer
Riptide

So ECU remains the team with the most regional appearances that has never been to the CWS.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:30 am So ECU remains the team with the most regional appearances that has never been to the CWS.
The Vikings of the NFL :o (Purple and Gold) :lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:19 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:12 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:25 pm If Texas and OU were in SEC now you could potentially see 7 of 8 from SEC in the CWS

Texas
OU
Texas A&M
Auburn
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Ark
Which only proves how screwed up the NCAA and the other conferences are by allowing the SEC to run away from the other conferences in terms of resources. They have the best coaches including assistants, the best stadiums, the best players all because of dollars earned on the backs of their cowardly competitors. They basically are partners with ESPN so they get way more exposure than all of the other conferences.
In summary, THEY SHOULD DOMINATE EVERY SPORT EVERY YEAR! And to think Tulane made the choice to leave that conference instead of investing in their program and competing. At every turn, they’ve repeated that mistake to effectively doom their program forever.
Indeed. Really changed our history forever. Cost the school hundreds of millions with no end insight.
#1 Tennessee thankfully eliminated with the number 1 curse.
“no end in sight” is right. The enormous damage stemming from that, and subsequent smaller but also damaging missteps, have irreparably harmed Tulane—and cost of that mistake continues to cumulate. The only chance of getting the university out of its ditch of irrelevance is to do whatever it takes to get into the Big 12 or ACC, and hope that over time those conferences can find a way to keep pace with the SEC. Things can someday change between the conferences, but right now Tulane will not benefit from such changes because we are simply irrelevant and out of the major universities game.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:52 pm ECU had bases loaded with one out in the 9th and had a runner picked off third. THAT is inexcusable! If they lose the series and don't make it to Omaha again, they will always talk about that.
They did, and they will. A classic “what might have been”.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave Fan wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:37 pm The decision ultimately sent generations of fans to the exit.
And generations of donors to the exit.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:25 pm If Texas and OU were in SEC now you could potentially see 7 of 8 from SEC in the CWS

Texas
OU
Texas A&M
Auburn
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Ark
All in but Tennessee (6 eventual SEC schools out of 8)
Incredible.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:35 pm

Texas
OU
Texas A&M
Auburn
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Ark
All in but Tennessee (6 eventual SEC schools out of 8)
Incredible.
🤨
Jaxwave
Swell

Not an accomplishment when the deck is stacked. Wish they were man enough to compete on an even field without their tens of millions advantage.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:44 pm Not an accomplishment when the deck is stacked. Wish they were man enough to compete on an even field without their tens of millions advantage.
They’re willing and able to spend the money to get those advantages. Why shouldn’t they take advantage?
Jaxwave
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:52 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:44 pm Not an accomplishment when the deck is stacked. Wish they were man enough to compete on an even field without their tens of millions advantage.
They’re willing and able to spend the money to get those advantages. Why shouldn’t they take advantage?
The best advice I have ever been given was from my last skipper in the Navy as I departed into the civilian world. He said this will take a lot of anger and vitriol out of life when dealing with other people. "Always expect and never blame anybody for acting in their own best interest."
So I don't blame the individual schools or conferences for taking advantage of the opportunity laid out before them to get so far ahead of their peers. I blame the overseers in the NCAA for not wielding the Power they had by putting controls in place to keep the balance of power in check for the the good of all the schools. And I blame the cowardice of the G5 schools for allowing the P5 schools to basically render the G5 irrelevant for all time. The money is game changing from the standpoint of education. LSU can afford to hire professors from Tulane for instance and over time will use the athletic money as much as possible to squash the little guys round the state academically. The non profit status of the athletic programs is a joke.
So there you have it my young students of life, your lesson of the day. My suggestion is to take up golf and reading rather than follow college athletics anymore, especially Tulane athletics.
McWave
High Tide

Academics are but a priority at these schools. Money will continue to go into athletics. I believe the LSU athletic department had revenue of $150 million and expenses of $150 million. They spent it all. They was before the $100 million football coach contract. Revenue will increase and so will expenses. LSU has a library that leaks when it rains. Buckets are everywhere. So I don’t expect money to be used fur academics anyone soon.
anEngineer
Riptide

McWave wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:46 am Academics are but a priority at these schools. Money will continue to go into athletics. I believe the LSU athletic department had revenue of $150 million and expenses of $150 million. They spent it all. They was before the $100 million football coach contract. Revenue will increase and so will expenses. LSU has a library that leaks when it rains. Buckets are everywhere. So I don’t expect money to be used fur academics anyone soon.
I know LSU students who were guides for potential new student groups and they were instructed not to go through the library because it's so disgusting. I know a professor there who quit because an athlete was caught cheating in their class and the administration insisted on giving a passing grade. Do I want to be that? NO! Do any of us want to be that? Probably not. Do you have to be THAT to be reasonably competitive in athletics? No. If only the board of reagents would agree to that sweet spot!
Wave755
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:39 am LSU can afford to hire professors from Tulane for instance and over time will use the athletic money as much as possible to squash the little guys round the state academically.
LSU has one of the lowest faculty retention rates in the country. I have no idea where you are getting your statistics from for LSU academics, obviously not USN&WR https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/lo ... rouge-2010. LSU gets no faculty from Tulane; James Carville, that "clown" Cowen paid a ton of money to for nothing and the product of about 5 generations too many of inbreeding, doesn't count.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So let's question their manhood because they won the race to become the most interesting and thus profitable conference in college sports.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

It’s not an accomplishment if you have so many advantages over your competitors. Just my opinion.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:07 pm It’s not an accomplishment if you have so many advantages over your competitors. Just my opinion.
How did they get the advantages?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:07 pm It’s not an accomplishment if you have so many advantages over your competitors. Just my opinion.
Great question. I would say, better and smarter leadership--but also leadership that cares about the long-term wellbeing of Tulane University rather than what they can do to move themselves up the next step of the job ladder.
anEngineer
Riptide

Profoundwizard wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm
Actually, LSU got the advantages by standing pat over the long term. All they did was NOT get out of the SEC. I don't know that 30 years ago anyone saw what the explosion of money in college football would be. LSU was quite average until Saban was hired. They were in the right place at the right time and made the right hire.