Outta Here

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Cincy, UH, UCF gone to the big12 in 2023
https://theathletic.com/news/houston-ci ... AHXZZBWBf/

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:50 am Cincy, UH, UCF gone to the big12 in 2023
https://theathletic.com/news/houston-ci ... AHXZZBWBf/
I saw that. Bad for us.
CUSAAC — Charlotte, Florida Atlantic, North Texas, Rice, UAB and UTSA — are expected to finalize that move for July 1, 2023
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

All while Tulane sits wallowing in mediocrity, by it own choosing of course. Such little foresight by this school. Hey Troy, how’s the fishing?
Show Me
Tsunami

Tulane’s dream would be the Ivy League where they could dump all Athletic scholarship money and lose there as well. No ambition from the AD or the President to elevate the program. Just content to have one.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:38 pm Tulane’s dream would be the Ivy League where they could dump all Athletic scholarship money and lose there as well. No ambition from the AD or the President to elevate the program. Just content to have one.
Exactly. And notwithstanding its aspirations, Tulane is closer to being a SEC football factory, than it is an Ivy League school. Rain Man and the BOT must be ingesting hallucinogenic mushrooms to think otherwise. I'm confident they'll keep dreaming big and performing small.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
MicMan
Swell

Not saying money buys happiness, but Harvard has the largest endowment of any college and could compete every year for the D1 football championship if it so chose.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We need to compete for a championship every year. SMU, Memphis and even Usf are spending like crazy. These teams are teams we can beat. UAB & UTSA will also be competing at the top of the new conference. This isnt Cinci & UCF. We need to win 75% of the matchups with these guys
Jaxwave
Swell

Here’s what we Tulane fans know. We will eventually find the bottom half of any conference we end up in. You think we should move up with upper conference teams leaving, you you forget that recruiting will fall off for us in new conf and the recruiting for creams entering will pick up.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Perhaps. But we also underestimate having a good coach and system in place. This isn’t CJ or Buffalo bob. We also have had solid recruiting and carved out a niche for ourselves for 4 stars from LA transferring back to Tulane when they see the grass isn’t greener.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Hell even Rice has recently committed to spending $100 million on renovating or building new athletic facilities. I would not be surprised if Rice passes us up in the next ten years since they will soon be joining the AAC and have made a major financial commitment to athletics. Troy Dannen has been at Tulane for seven years now and has nothing to show for fundraising and new facilities. Dannen is a non-existent AD and evidently Fitts and the Tulane Board do not care.
anEngineer
Riptide

Tulane isn't in the bottom half of the conference as it exists now. Saying so is just ignoring reality.