Preseason Basketball rankings has Tulane at #39

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

#5 Houston
#39 Tulane
#48 Memphis
#64 Temple
#69 Cincinnati
#98 UCF
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
#106 USF
#109 Wichita State
#142 Tulsa
#153 SMU
#219 ECU

https://barttorvik.com/

Now this is encouraging. LSU is at 61. . . Aren’t we supposed to play them in a pre season tourney ?

Edit- it has since been updated with Tulane now at 40, and memphis shot up into the top 25

Greeniegb
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:52 pm #5 Houston
#39 Tulane
#48 Memphis
#64 Temple
#69 Cincinnati
#98 UCF
#106 USF
#109 Wichita State
#142 Tulsa
#153 SMU
#219 ECU

https://barttorvik.com/

Now this is encouraging. LSU is at 61. . . Aren’t we supposed to play them in a pre season tourney ?

Edit- it has since been updated with Tulane now at 40, and memphis shot up into the top 25
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

People are pretty quiet when it comes to positive news. I guess that’s why news companies always lead with the horrible stuff, it drives more eyeballs & reactions
anEngineer
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:58 pm People are pretty quiet when it comes to positive news. I guess that’s why news companies always lead with the horrible stuff, it drives more eyeballs & reactions
1000%
Show Me
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:58 pm People are pretty quiet when it comes to positive news. I guess that’s why news companies always lead with the horrible stuff, it drives more eyeballs & reactions
Everyone got so excited when the baseball team started out 10-2 and got ranked. Unfortunately it was all downhill from there. Basketball being ranked preseason top 40 is good. We won’t surprise anyone this season. The non conference losses last year really hurt us from getting a shot at postseason. Hopefully the team doesn’t read this and think they can just show up and win.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

As per the other board we got some more national attention from Joe Lunardi via ESPN. He currently has us as one of the first 4 out of the NCAA tourney, with LSU right behind us !

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story ... -men-field
Ruski
Swell

Being a Tulane fan turns you into a cynic.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:07 am
No doubt. And the fact that it's a pre-pre-season poll makes it hard to get excited.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:03 pm
Ruski wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:07 am
No doubt. And the fact that it's a pre-pre-season poll makes it hard to get excited.
I was excited for this year while I was walking out of the last game last year. Hunter teams are the real deal and he obviously has the dynamic personality to lure portal kids so we don't have to worry about them transferring out.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

How much is changing for Tulane between now an preseason ?

This is the off-season and we haven’t been to the ncaa tourney in 20+ years, nor the nit.

Last years team was exciting and began to invigorate the campus.

YES I AM EXCITED FOR NEXT YEAR AND NATIONAL ATTENTION
HoustonWave
Tsunami

What in the world happened to SMU basketball? Did everyone graduate or transfer out? Did the staff leave? They just missed March Madness last year, and have had decent teams the last several years. Makes me wonder about the poll.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
MicMan
Swell

And to think, decades of Tulane leadership not even a little embarrassed to be playing in a 90 year old dump of a gym.

BIG TIME
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:53 am And to think, decades of Tulane leadership not even a little embarrassed to be playing in a 90 year old dump of a gym.

BIG TIME
.a dump !!?? c'mon, we are in uptown and close to the garden district and "the Arch".....what could be better ??
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

:lol: :lol:

You guys are hilarious. We had a surprise break out season last year, and are getting national attention with the expectation that we will be on the bubble of the Ncaa Tourney which we haven't done since 1995. And what do you do in a thread designated to discuss this team ? You do the negative, self hating circle jerk :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could also discuss the fact that we have an opening season tourney that also currently features LSU. . . but nah, continue with the circle jerk and beating dead horses
anEngineer
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:35 pm :lol: :lol:

You guys are hilarious. We had a surprise break out season last year, and are getting national attention with the expectation that we will be on the bubble of the Ncaa Tourney which we haven't done since 1995. And what do you do in a thread designated to discuss this team ? You do the negative, self hating circle jerk :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could also discuss the fact that we have an opening season tourney that also currently features LSU. . . but nah, continue with the circle jerk and beating dead horses
Welcome to gotula.net. Eventually someone will start complaining that we got out of the SEC 55 years ago.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This is perfect. Shut it down. Everything else will just be derivative
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:24 pm

Welcome to gotula.net. Eventually someone will start complaining that we got out of the SEC 55 years ago.
FYI. There is a well-known "feel good" board that you all can hang out on, in order to keep your spirits up, artificially. We haven't done anything yet.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm very optimitistic about our team this coming season. Check back with me in October when I start to get ready to think about basketball.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V