2022 Tulane Baseball Transfer Portal

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greengang wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:17 pm Add Siegel and Massey.

I think that’s probably enough to get the point.

Several here and Dannen apparently wanted this thing blown up. Mission accomplished.
Not at all. It was easy to predict the potential mass exodus once Jake passed on the job. Had he taken it he would have eased many concerns. The longer it goes the more will join the portal.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:53 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:22 pm I’m expecting mass exodus so it’s probably good to have it all in one thread
Logan Stevens enters transfer portal today.
Turner Thompson, and others posted in different threads.
Feel free to add the others I failed to list.
You have no idea, depends how fast we get a new coach and who it is. Mass Exodus really, are you the lord, wait and see!!!
😇😇😇🤣
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

Several here and Dannen apparently wanted this thing blown up. Mission accomplished.
What we had was not worth keeping together. They couldn’t win here with Jewett as the head coach
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Get out of here with that Total BS. No one wanted the team blown up. Jewett had to go. No matter the talent accumulated he couldn't coach it. He had to go. It's a different day and age with the portal. Those players can all come back . The new coach will of course come in and immediately re-recruit those players.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Groff, Linn, Banks and Devito are guys to lose some sleep over but I’m not sure how talented the rest of these guys are.
Greeniegb
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:35 pm Groff, Linn, Banks and Devito are guys to lose some sleep over but I’m not sure how talented the rest of these guys are.
Testing waters, none have left yet, Troy get Jake at any cost or this can blow up fast. No one else will keep the ship from sinking. Up your offer and get on your knees, Green Wave Nation begs you Troy!!!
Greengang
Ripple

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:28 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:35 pm Groff, Linn, Banks and Devito are guys to lose some sleep over but I’m not sure how talented the rest of these guys are.
Testing waters, none have left yet, Troy get Jake at any cost or this can blow up fast. No one else will keep the ship from sinking. Up your offer and get on your knees, Green Wave Nation begs you Troy!!!
It’s not the answer you want, but Uhlman is the answer to keeping the ship afloat. There is no other answer.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Greengang wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:40 pm
It’s not the answer you want, but Uhlman is the answer to keeping the ship afloat. There is no other answer.
Keeping the ship afloat? What the fuck are you talking about? Afloat? The past 2 years with Uhlman have been afloat? I’m fine with sinking if that’s the case
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Greengang wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:40 pm
The ship has not been kept afloat. This past season under Jewett and Uhlman it sunk like the titanic. Tulane needs to hire the best coach available and cannot be held hostage by whether certain players decide to transfer based on who is or is not hired. I read a tweet today from Kendall Rogers that there are over 1700 college baseball players currently in the transfer portal. North Carolina State just had one of their best players enter the portal even though they still have the same head coach. If we hire a really good coach we might still lose some players but he will bring some studs with him that transfer to Tulane and we will be fine.
Greengang
Ripple

We lost 3 starting pitchers, a closer and and SS to the draft last year.

Everyone knew this team was young. Injuries to our better players especially late doomed this team.

If your expectations are that Tulane reloads year after year then your expectations are different than mine.

Y’all blow off the talent in this years freshman classes as a few good players nothing great. It’s way better than that. Add the cost of school and the academic standards that need to be met and it was really special in my mind.

I know that the bulk of these players in the portal were recruited and love the staff that’s left. Of course they are loyal to them.

Tulane baseball won’t end when these players leave but I think it will be hard for any new coach to recruit at this level given the challenges.

Came here looking for insight as to the opening. Good luck and RollWave!
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Uhlman was our hitting coach but there were too many games this past season where Tulane would get only 4 or 5 hits for the entire game which is pathetic. Carmouche, Siegel, etc. would pitch some really good games but we would end up losing because we could not hit the baseball. That is on Uhlman and another important reason why I do not want him as our head coach.
Greeniegb
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:24 pm Uhlman was our hitting coach but there were too many games this past season where Tulane would get only 4 or 5 hits for the entire game which is pathetic. Carmouche, Siegel, etc. would pitch some really good games but we would end up losing because we could not hit the baseball. That is on Uhlman and another important reason why I do not want him as our head coach.
Still think Andy would be a great hitting coach, but still hoping Troy will make Jake an offer that makes him go back to his wife and get a change of heart. If not I could support Riser at the top. They both know our limitations and can work with them, Andy has some contacts nationally to help with recruiting that Riser may not have. Not sure about Latham as pitching coach, Just a little humor my friend Jason Navarro ex-wave great would be a great pitching coach if he could take time away from his 4D Clean Energy Drink growing business.
His record of 23-2 is still tops in Tulane baseball history and he was declared Tulane Athlete of the Year in 1997. He was later inducted into Tulane’s Hall of Fame for baseball in 2003. Drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals, Jason then began a 10 year span of competing professionally. As travel and competition became a way of life, these experiences now bring us to his supplement 4D.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Greengang wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:56 pm We lost 3 starting pitchers, a closer and and SS to the draft last year.

Everyone knew this team was young. Injuries to our better players especially late doomed this team.

If your expectations are that Tulane reloads year after year then your expectations are different than mine.

Y’all blow off the talent in this years freshman classes as a few good players nothing great. It’s way better than that. Add the cost of school and the academic standards that need to be met and it was really special in my mind.

I know that the bulk of these players in the portal were recruited and love the staff that’s left. Of course they are loyal to them.

Tulane baseball won’t end when these players leave but I think it will be hard for any new coach to recruit at this level given the challenges.

Came here looking for insight as to the opening. Good luck and RollWave!
I don’t know if you missed it or not, but even with all those guys we had drafted last year, we still didn’t win enough
Jaxwave
Swell

Replace the Tulane administrations over the past 70 years and you’d have a winner. It’s the school stupid. They have given the same message out to all of us and we’re not stupid. Athletics is not important at such a fine institution as Tulane. Being good at academics and athletics are mutually exclusive. Do you alumni really want your diploma tarnished by having a good athletic program? I thought not.
Realitywave
Trickle

Greenhang hit the nail on the head. A majority of you can’t see past you hate for TJ, to see that the freshmen class coupled with a solid sophomore core, the program was headed in the right direction. The 2022 and 2023 have the potential to be just as talented.

A lot of that is because Uhlman is a great recruiter. The kids love him. I would be surprised if a majority of the players and recruits stay in Uhlman is retained.

Otherwise I think we are headed for a rebuild that won’t be easy given this landscape of college baseball. We have to understand the glory days of Tulane are in the review mirror and start adapting to current college baseball landscape.

Tulane is operating in a limited recruiting pool due to it’s $80K per year tuition. Add the lore of NIL money other schools have adds to recruiting complexity. We have to hope baseball changes to full rides.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Realitywave wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:32 am Greenhang hit the nail on the head. A majority of you can’t see past you hate for TJ, to see that the freshmen class coupled with a solid sophomore core, the program was headed in the right direction. The 2022 and 2023 have the potential to be just as talented.

A lot of that is because Uhlman is a great recruiter. The kids love him. I would be surprised if a majority of the players and recruits stay in Uhlman is retained.

Otherwise I think we are headed for a rebuild that won’t be easy given this landscape of college baseball. We have to understand the glory days of Tulane are in the review mirror and start adapting to current college baseball landscape.

Tulane is operating in a limited recruiting pool due to it’s $80K per year tuition. Add the lore of NIL money other schools have adds to recruiting complexity. We have to hope baseball changes to full rides.

Exactly, well said! I hope we get a new coach asap and that Uhlman stays.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Pepper
Swell

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:15 am
Realitywave wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:32 am Greenhang hit the nail on the head. A majority of you can’t see past you hate for TJ, to see that the freshmen class coupled with a solid sophomore core, the program was headed in the right direction. The 2022 and 2023 have the potential to be just as talented.

Jewett was a great recruiter at Vandy. How did that work out.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Realitywave
Trickle

Pepper wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:56 am
Bigschtick wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:15 am

Jewett was a great recruiter at Vandy. How did that work out.
Come on ... He did it at Vandy they are an SEC school and have recruiting advantages (stacking endowment money) with “Opportunity Vanderbilt.”
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Linn has a torn UCL.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bennet Lee enters the portal.
Tulane Class of 1981
Greengang
Ripple

Teo Banks and Brady Marget in the portal as well
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greengang wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:15 pm Teo Banks and Brady Marget in the portal as well
Not good
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

Greengang wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:15 pm Teo Banks and Brady Marget in the portal as well

Wow, looks like the whole team is abandoning ship, there goes the Wave's biggest selling point. Education no longer matters as Society continues dumbing down on America. This keeps up we will be a country like the old Roman Empire, country of gladiators that will altermately fall. America is destroying itself as athletics is the nations top priority.
To hell with teachers, police, even CEO's are criticized while athletes rake in much more money than those that run large corporations.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:33 pm

Wow, looks like the whole team is abandoning ship, there goes the Wave's biggest selling point. Education no longer matters as Society continues dumbing down on America. This keeps up we will be a country like the old Roman Empire, country of gladiators that will altermately fall. America is destroying itself as athletics is the nations top priority.
To hell with teachers, police, even CEO's are criticized while athletes rake in much more money than those that run large corporations.
+1,000,000. Throw in the entertainers while your at it. But those are the things we seem to value. As the economic boa constrictor continues to squeeze, eventually it will start to hit all forms of entertainment, including sports. Won’t have time for any of it when we’re trying to chew the bark off of trees. 😵‍💫
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:33 pm

I warned you
Tulane Class of 1981