2022 Tulane Baseball Transfer Portal

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

Jays first assignment is to recruit his kids from the portal. That will be an immediate tell on his ability going forward.

capwave
High Tide

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:33 pm
Greengang wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:15 pm Teo Banks and Brady Marget in the portal as well

Wow, looks like the whole team is abandoning ship, there goes the Wave's biggest selling point. Education no longer matters as Society continues dumbing down on America. This keeps up we will be a country like the old Roman Empire, country of gladiators that will altermately fall. America is destroying itself as athletics is the nations top priority.
To hell with teachers, police, even CEO's are criticized while athletes rake in much more money than those that run large corporations.
100%
RobertM320
Green Wave

So why did so many wait until today to enter the portal? I have to believe the kids knew Uhlmann was the choice before it was officially announced. So if they really like him so much, why jump into the portal as soon as he's announced? And if they DONT like him so much, then WHY is he the one being hired? Something doesn't add up.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Profoundwizard
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:52 pm So why did so many wait until today to enter the portal? I have to believe the kids knew Uhlmann was the choice before it was officially announced. So if they really like him so much, why jump into the portal as soon as he's announced? And if they DONT like him so much, then WHY is he the one being hired? Something doesn't add up.
They don’t like him THAT much. It’ll be more of the same shit we’ve been seeing
Pepper
Swell

I wonder how many players that are in the portal does Uhlman want back .
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:08 am I wonder how many players that are in the portal does Uhlman want back .
I believe Dannen guaranteed that they all could come back and keep their scholarship money regardless. That could work against Uhlman.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:10 am
Pepper wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:08 am I wonder how many players that are in the portal does Uhlman want back .
I believe Dannen guaranteed that they all could come back and keep their scholarship money regardless. That could work against Uhlman.
What a foolish move on Dannen's part, tying the new coaches (whoever that may be; at that time it was unknown) hands. About the only part of it I like is having an expiration date, though I would have preferred it be two to three weeks max. Then again, they don't consult me on these matters, so that's my 2 cents worth of opinion.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tufinal4
High Tide

I thought there was a June 30 expiration date to that commitment.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It is a June 30th deadline.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:58 am
What a foolish move on Dannen's part, tying the new coaches (whoever that may be; at that time it was unknown) hands. About the only part of it I like is having an expiration date, though I would have preferred it be two to three weeks max. Then again, they don't consult me on these matters, so that's my 2 cents worth of opinion.
Jesus that is reckless on the AD's part..
Show Me
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:17 pm
AD dealing from a position of weakness and panic.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:17 pm
To keep the top 3 or 4 guys we are going to need to boost their money. Hopefully some of the guys sitting will get tired of paying 75% and leave for a chance to actually play somewhere at a less competitive school. It will probably work out in the end. The graduates leaving would free up some more money also.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

I'd like to see us get a few grad transfers. They cost less.
billow
High Tide

Has any of the players in portal elected to come back since Uhlman is the new coach?
Show Me
Tsunami

billow wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:31 pm Has any of the players in portal elected to come back since Uhlman is the new coach?
Not yet. They are probably waiting to see first. I believe the deadline is June 30th. Coach had mentioned it will be more difficult now that these players have been seen by the masses. He said they were under a rock in HS.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tom Walter grabs Bennet Lee for Wake Forest.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Hate to see him leave. Freshman All-American he just had the typical “Sophomore Slump.”
Coach JU’s first big lost there. Hopefully he holds onto Banks. Losing Groff and Lee is disappointing.
tufinal4
High Tide

Have we definitively lost Groff
Profoundwizard
Swell

I bet we lose Groff. Maybe Devito too

I’m just not seeing this Uhlman experiment working out.
Greengang
Ripple

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:56 pm I bet we lose Groff. Maybe Devito too

You really don’t get it. It has less to do about Uhlman, and more to do with the lag in hiring forced kids into the portal. You announce to the world you are open for business and you start getting courted. Mentally the kids are forced to think about leaving.

When you get contacted 15-20 the first day you’re in the portal, of course you listen. No one thought if it was going to be Uhlman that it would take that long.
Pepper
Swell

We do not know yet who he might be bringing in either.
Show Me
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:56 pm I bet we lose Groff. Maybe Devito too

Ethan recently Tweeted out his highlight reel. He’s looking to move on.
Last edited by Show Me on Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Greengang wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:08 pm

You really don’t get it. It has less to do about Uhlman, and more to do with the lag in hiring forced kids into the portal. You announce to the world you are open for business and you start getting courted. Mentally the kids are forced to think about leaving.

When you get contacted 15-20 the first day you’re in the portal, of course you listen. No one thought if it was going to be Uhlman that it would take that long.
No, I get it. Regardless I just don’t see this working out
Jaxwave
Swell

It’s over guys. Any time going forward any athlete has a modicum of success at Tulane, he will be approached and in all likelihood will be gone. Follow pro sports esp hockey and golf to get your kicks. This college thing is over.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:49 pm It’s over guys. Any time going forward any athlete has a modicum of success at Tulane, he will be approached and in all likelihood will be gone. Follow pro sports esp hockey and golf to get your kicks. This college thing is over.
The answer is contracts. Instead of a renewable one year scholly, you offer a 4 year deal, with NIL money. In exchange, the player waives their right to enter the transfer portal unless the head coach leaves. They want to be treated like adults? They want to get paid to play? Then they need to make adult decisions. Either they want to be here or they don't.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson