2022 Tulane Baseball Transfer Portal

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I’m expecting mass exodus so it’s probably good to have it all in one thread
Logan Stevens enters transfer portal today.
Turner Thompson, and others posted in different threads.
Feel free to add the others I failed to list.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Greengang
Ripple

From D1

Blake Dincman Tulane
Logan Stevens Tulane
Turner Thompson Tulane
Landry Alligood Tulane
Ben Tate Tulane
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Remember they can enter and still return which we have had happen. Let's not panic prematurely.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:50 pm Remember they can enter and still return which we have had happen. Let's not panic prematurely.
The majority that enter don’t return. Yes you’ll have that one or two that try to come back but in general you’re more at risk losing them. Hunter lost his best player his first year. If we lose Groff or Banks than that’s a huge blow. The rest are not game-changers. . .
anEngineer
Riptide

Let's not panic over any of this. It's all part of the process of having to change coaches. We may lose some, but it's also very possible that some quality players follow the new coach here from wherever he is now.
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:22 pm I’m expecting mass exodus so it’s probably good to have it all in one thread
You have no idea, depends how fast we get a new coach and who it is. Mass Exodus really, are you the lord, wait and see!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:53 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:22 pm I’m expecting mass exodus so it’s probably good to have it all in one thread
You have no idea, depends how fast we get a new coach and who it is. Mass Exodus really, are you the lord, wait and see!!!
I’m giving an opinion nothing more. Hopefully I’m wrong.
For baseball anything over 5 is a mass exodus.
If we hire Daniel or Jay you’ll be correct. Anyone else then it could be a problem.
Need to keep Groff and Banks. If they go then it’s a problem.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Need to also keep Linn, Siegel, Carmouche, Massey, Marget and Schulz.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:48 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:53 pm
I’m giving an opinion nothing more. Hopefully I’m wrong.
For baseball anything over 5 is a mass exodus.
If we hire Daniel or Jay you’ll be correct. Anyone else then it could be a problem.
Need to keep Groff and Banks. If they go then it’s a problem.
Absolutely. Groff and Banks are the linchpins--keep them, and we have a much better chance of keeping others.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

It’s starting
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

This is no surprise. Hopefully Banks doesn’t enter. If we lose our top 3 or 4 players it could be devastating and a total rebuild job. Not looking good for this program.
Tulane baseball has not kept up with the “Joneses” pun and no pun intended.
Last edited by Show Me on Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Show Me wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:45 am This is no surprise. Hopefully Banks doesn’t enter. If we lose our top 3 or 4 players it could be devastating and a total rebuild job. Not looking good for this program.
Thanks Dannen. This is what happens when you neglect a program for 6 years
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

When this "search" is completed, Fitts needs to fire TD so he can work full time @ the NCAA, or what will be left of it, once the next BCS contract goes into affect.... I think a new governing body compose of 60 to 80 "top tier' programs, will break away and form a different governing body ...Tulane, u are on a two year notice, to get your fuking act together
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

Groff likely headed to Miss St. No word on Linn yet.
Greeniegb
Swell

Show Me wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:37 pm Groff likely headed to Miss St. No word on Linn yet.
[/q
Staying!!!
Pepper
Swell

Not really surprised. Tulane cannot compete with Miss St at this moment. Good players will go to better programs. I still think our next coach will be someone coaching in a regional this weekend. Quite possibly some of these players who entered the transfer portal will be lured back depending on the new coach. Even with a rebuilding job ahead, the right coach can turn it around.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Show Me
Tsunami

Unfortunately the next Tulane coach will have to recruit his 2022 roster. And I would expect the better players to get the best offers (baseball money) from potential suitors . The longer it goes more will probably enter the portal.
Greengang
Ripple

Show Me wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:07 pm Unfortunately the next Tulane coach will have to recruit his 2022 roster. And I would expect the better players to get the best offers (baseball money) from potential suitors . The longer it goes more will probably enter the portal.
I would just assume that all players that would be unsure about where they want to play next year due to the Tulane coaching opening will hit the portal.

Even if they would come back with certain coaches, smart thing would be get in the portal just in case.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:47 am
Show Me wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:45 am This is no surprise. Hopefully Banks doesn’t enter. If we lose our top 3 or 4 players it could be devastating and a total rebuild job. Not looking good for this program.
Thanks Dannen. This is what happens when you neglect a program for 6 years
Dannen has neglected the entire athletic program over the last 6 years.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:36 pm When this "search" is completed, Fitts needs to fire TD so he can work full time @ the NCAA, or what will be left of it, once the next BCS contract goes into affect.... I think a new governing body compose of 60 to 80 "top tier' programs, will break away and form a different governing body ...Tulane, u are on a two year notice, to get your fuking act together
Exactly. AWOL has been too busy being Emmert’s lap dog, and the NCAA’s shine boy.
Greengang
Ripple

Engelhard and Devito
Jaxwave
Swell

It’s over for Tulane baseball. The new ad says, “First to show up at the Tulane Athletic office will be hired as baseball coach. Only qualification is you express your heartfelt desire to have the job.” Minutes after that ad runs, Dannen will issue a statement, “We expect to fill the baseball HC job within a couple of weeks.”
Profoundwizard
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:08 pm It’s over for Tulane baseball. The new ad says, “First to show up at the Tulane Athletic office will be hired as baseball coach. Only qualification is you express your heartfelt desire to have the job.” Minutes after that ad runs, Dannen will issue a statement, “We expect to fill the baseball HC job within a couple of weeks.”
Dannen set the baseball program back years by holding on to clown ass Jewett
Greengang
Ripple

Add Siegel and Massey.

I think that’s probably enough to get the point.

Several here and Dannen apparently wanted this thing blown up. Mission accomplished.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Greengang wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:17 pm Add Siegel and Massey.

I think that’s probably enough to get the point.

Several here and Dannen apparently wanted this thing blown up. Mission accomplished.
We could not go on any longer with Jewett as head coach. If Jewett had been fired several years ago as most of us wanted we would not be in this position.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.