Memphis announces its new baseball coach.

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Beats Tulane to the punch
https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/ ... 908562002/
Kerrick Jackson becomes the Tigers' first Black baseball coach. Barring any changes in the American Athletic Conference this offseason, Jackson will also be the only Black coach in the league in 2023. He's also one of only three Black non-HBCU baseball coaches in the country at present.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:31 pm Beats Tulane to the punch
Kerrick Jackson becomes the Tigers' first Black baseball coach. Barring any changes in the American Athletic Conference this offseason, Jackson will also be the only Black coach in the league in 2023. He's also one of only three Black non-HBCU baseball coaches in the country at present.
Beats Tulane to the punch? So this is who you wanted to get the job?
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:05 am
tpstulane wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:31 pm Beats Tulane to the punch
Beats Tulane to the punch? So this is who you wanted to get the job?
No I want Roger Cador 🤔
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

Has been a head coach in 114 games. Record: 47-67.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Houma de Wave wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:57 am Has been a head coach in 114 games. Record: 47-67.
has been out of coaching for two years
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerrick_Jackson
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That looks like a really bad hire. This has been a good baseball conference. This year it's down and that happens. Would like to see it get back up there and this doesn't help.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
MicMan
Swell

Bad hire? Memphis sports are light years ahead of Tulane in every way.

Except in sailing, I guess.
DrBox
Riptide

MicMan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:05 pm Bad hire? Memphis sports are light years ahead of Tulane in every way.

And except in baseball and women's basketball and most minor sports (despite the decline under Dannen).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:30 pm
MicMan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:05 pm Bad hire? Memphis sports are light years ahead of Tulane in every way.

And except in baseball and women's basketball and most minor sports (despite the decline under Dannen).
This.
MicMan
Swell

Lukewarm take: Memphis will be in a P5 conference before Tulane, and have a $200-plus million investment in the Liberty Bowl to back it. How many former commuter schools have sped past Tulane into the fast lane -- Houston, Cinci, Memphis, Louisville?

Don't yammer about Rufus Harris. It's a here and now missed opportunity by Tulane leadership that will never come again.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Rufus' policies still in place and seven decades of Tulanians indoctrinated into his way of looking down on athletics.

As to Memphis they nor anyone else is getting an invite to the P5 party. That's over and those 65 will be keeping that money all to themselves.
Show Me
Tsunami

MicMan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:22 pm Lukewarm take: Memphis will be in a P5 conference before Tulane, and have a $200-plus million investment in the Liberty Bowl to back it. How many former commuter schools have sped past Tulane into the fast lane -- Houston, Cinci, Memphis, Louisville?

Don't yammer about Rufus Harris. It's a here and now missed opportunity by Tulane leadership that will never come again.
Exactly
anEngineer
Riptide

Memphis is not "light years ahead" of Tulane in anything. They are clearly ahead in basketball, but it remains to be seen by how much or what Memphis's basketball future will be. We are even in football and better in everything else. I don't think any P5 wants them. They are a community college that could just as well be called The Memphis Athletic Club.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:54 pm Memphis is not "light years ahead" of Tulane in anything. They are clearly ahead in basketball, but it remains to be seen by how much or what Memphis's basketball future will be. We are even in football and better in everything else. I don't think any P5 wants them. They are a community college that could just as well be called The Memphis Athletic Club.
HAIL (memphis) STATE
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !