Unlimited signees and more

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

For the next two classes you can sign as many as you want as long as you don't go over the 85 roster limit:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 574e9.html

Also they relaxed rules on conference championship games allowing the conferences to pick their best 2.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

New rule means less good players available for G5 teams.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:58 am New rule means less good players available for G5 teams.
Seems like it. Schools that get raided by the draft or leave for the portal are usually the P5’s. They now will be able to replace at a faster level with no yearly limit.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Seems like G5’s will have to be selective in what Portal Transfers they accept, as accepting a P5er just means one less high school candidate available for the G5 crowd. P5 to P5 will have no impact on the high school recruiting rule. I doubt it will have a big impact. It makes sense to allow any school the ability to refill its 85-man roster if it gets hit hard with transfers out.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
wave97
Swell

Creates a wonderful opportunity for the Mac Browns of the world to isolate talent assessment/development/purging for a very narrow window.
Successful coaches will be on the P5 carousel sooner than ever.
Based on our hiring coaching history, it's irrelevant.
Show Me
Tsunami

Actually sounds like a prudent way to go with the portal and Jr’s leaving for the NFL. But It will definitely help the P5’s more than the G5’s.
I’d be for shrinking the roster down also. 85 is way too many. Like winwave said shift those removed to baseball
wave97
Swell

Tulane should relegate it's football program to D3 with scholarships awarded by need.
It is ridiculous that we continue to support the costs of an FBS program. We can finally use our football stadium within the scale that it has been built for.
GreenLantern
Riptide

wave97 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:55 pm Tulane should relegate it's football program to D3 with scholarships awarded by need.
It is ridiculous that we continue to support the costs of an FBS program. We can finally use our football stadium within the scale that it has been built for.
Most of us are monumentally disappointed with the performance of Tulane athletics throughout recent history. However, to continue to spout daily nonsense such as "go to D3" or "shut down football" or other similar nonsense contributes nothing. Should you be laboring under the misconception that it makes you look savvy and in-the-know, you are woefully mistaken.

Wanna know why viewership/participation is down on the two Tulane sports forums? It's because of a steady stream of bullshit posts like this one. I can read the Wall St. Journal if I want to be depressed.
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:44 pm
wave97 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:55 pm Tulane should relegate it's football program to D3 with scholarships awarded by need.
Most of us are monumentally disappointed with the performance of Tulane athletics throughout recent history. However, to continue to spout daily nonsense such as "go to D3" or "shut down football" or other similar nonsense contributes nothing. Should you be laboring under the misconception that it makes you look savvy and in-the-know, you are woefully mistaken.

Wanna know why viewership/participation is down on the two Tulane sports forums? It's because of a steady stream of bullshit posts like this one. I can read the Wall St. Journal if I want to be depressed.
40 plus years of frustration for many that feel that way.
wave97
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:44 pm

Tulane, the institution, is not dependent on a stellar football program to attract promising young students & the money of wealthy alumni. What can possibly be depressing about that?
Relegation in football would be a boon for Tulane. The dead weight of Title IX imposed regulations would free the athletic department of 85 women's scholarships & associated administrative cost.
There once was a time when it made sense to throw your chips in on developing a football program.
Tulane is what it is in spite of it's ever declining football program & I'm ok with that.
Oh Brother
Low Tide

The Bama -A&M dust up was interesting to watch. Bama didn’t think it had to jump into NIL massive payoffs because 5 stars want to go there and the good players always got cars and a house for mama, just like LSU did here albeit not as well. A&M supporters saw the opportunity and bought the best crop of players in history. SMU, Houston won’t be far behind. For us, it’s simply a matter of rearranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic. We couldn’t get the studs under old system and won’t do so now . Tulane isn’t going to allow a massive NIL effort and we don’t have a core of motivated rich folks who want to see us become a powerhouse. The new system, which I find abhorrent on many levels, does present opportunities to the schools which lack the glorious records of Bama, USC, and the like. It femocratizes in a strange way- pay enough and you’re in the club. Long term, this won’t last, there will be backlash just as there was with the “ exploitation” of players who couldn’t buy dinner while twenty thousand fans wore jerseys bearing their names with all revenue going to the school. This is just one more perversion in what was once a simple game- hire a good coach, offer a good education and a productive future and they will
Come, that ended some time way back in the last century.