Jewett released

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
msdos
Swell

Forever TU wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:44 pm
No, I won’t, in your words, fuck off.

Multiple bowl games, some of the best recruiting in decades and drawing in staff and interest from the local area compared to no regionals, shitty schedules and multiple failures in player development.

So no, By the way - great board etiquette you have there bub.
Shit tier bowl games, more than half of d1 teams get in one these days

ah yes recruiting. recruiting so great he had zero players go in the draft.

Jewitt will go elsewhere and have success. Willy will not.

Show Me
Tsunami

Forever TU wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:44 pm
msdos wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:33 pm
Forever TU wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:49 pm

I mean that’s just not accurate lol.
i mEaN tHAts jUsT nOt AcCurAtE lOL

Fuck off

No, I won’t, in your words, fuck off.

Multiple bowl games, some of the best recruiting in decades and drawing in staff and interest from the local area compared to no regionals, shitty schedules and multiple failures in player development.

So no, By the way - great board etiquette you have there bub.
I don’t care for Garland Gillen much but he’s just pointing out facts. That’s Dannen’s win/loss record for that period. I always supported Arnie F for AD. Tulane completely blew it there. However once Troy was announced I was going to support him. When he hired Jewett over Andy C. and Dunleavy out of left field that was it for me. WF has been an upgrade but he’s reached his ceiling. Coaches under him that we’re extremely loyal have been leaving or let go as scape goats. Hunter looks like he may be turning the corner. I don’t want to hijack this thread so I’m hoping TD gets this baseball hire right and wins back the support he lost at his outset.
Roll Wave!
MicMan
Swell

You may hope for whatever you wish.

You are what your record says your are.
Show Me
Tsunami

MicMan wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:20 pm You may hope for whatever you wish.

You are what your record says your are.
With every loss the job gets less and less attractive. We are a dumpster fire in the baseball program. Need a complete roster and coaches turnover.
anEngineer
Riptide

Tulane baseball is far from a "dumpster fire". They are a team with a fair amount of talent that has been poorly coached. I will never understand the mentality of people who spend considerable amounts of their time berating something rather than simply walk away from it and move on to something they enjoy.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:48 pm Tulane baseball is far from a "dumpster fire". They are a team with a fair amount of talent that has been poorly coached. I will never understand the mentality of people who spend considerable amounts of their time berating something rather than simply walk away from it and move on to something they enjoy.
I’m not sure there’s that much talent on the team. Getting beat by Memphis is an indication that there isn’t. Regardless, we can still attract a good coach.
Pepper
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:32 am
anEngineer wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:48 pm Tulane baseball is far from a "dumpster fire". They are a team with a fair amount of talent that has been poorly coached. I will never understand the mentality of people who spend considerable amounts of their time berating something rather than simply walk away from it and move on to something they enjoy.
I’m not sure there’s that much talent on the team. Getting beat by Memphis is an indication that there isn’t. Regardless, we can still attract a good coach.
6 weeks ago, we were a tournament team and in 1st place. The talent is there. The coaching and commitment from Gibson Hall are not. The team is just playing out the string now.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Show Me
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:39 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:32 am
6 weeks ago, we were a tournament team and in 1st place. The talent is there. The coaching and commitment from Gibson Hall are not. The team is just playing out the string now.
You make my point of us peaking 6 weeks ago. Good teams are peaking at the end of the season
I’d argue we peaked at 10-2 to start the season and went down from there (20-22-1) ever since.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Does anyone have the scoop on why Jewett did not finish out the season as head coach after he was fired? I wonder if there was some bad blood between Dannen and Jewett so that both sides did not want to be around each other any longer? Or perhaps Jewett became really angry when he was told by Dannen of his firing? I know this is pure speculation at this point but I am really curious on how this all went down. The Jewett firing is the best thing that has happened to Tulane baseball in a long time as he clearly was not the right man for the job. Honestly Jewett was lucky to be at Tulane as long as he was as he should have been fired years ago.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/a ... 28497.html

Washington Huskies job now available. Would be a good landing place for TJ as HC or top assistant.
Meggs announced he’s retiring.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981