Jay Uhlman new baseball coach hired.

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

Nm

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I'm not going to mention anybody. In the Dannen world, I think any suggestions from this board, will be the kiss of death for that candidate.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

The La Tech coach and the USM both have had sustained success and know the area well. They obviously haven’t had to deal with the private school angle but both would be good hires. I’m sure we would provide a nice salary boost
Pepper
Swell

Matt Riser.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Show Me
Tsunami

Need someone that is familiar with Tulane. We have a unique set of challenges that most schools don’t face. Hopefully the guys we want want us. The job is no longer what it once was and that’s a shame.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's been said elsewhere that a team meeting has been called for 4:00. could be anything but one can hope.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Here's some good names compiled elsewhere:

Mike Bell, Pittsburgh
Casey Dunn, UAB
Steven Trout, Texas State
Scott Jackson, Liberty
Lance Rhodes, Southern Illinois
Chad Holbrook, Charleston
Lane Burroughs, La. Tech
Robert Woodard, Charlotte
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:08 pm It's been said elsewhere that a team meeting has been called for 4:00. could be anything but one can hope.
Open or closed ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'll add this the assertion that he is in the last year of his contract is only an assertion. There are several here who have reported recent extensions. We can only hope that the buyout provisions in those extensions were very modest.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:08 pm It's been said elsewhere that a team meeting has been called for 4:00. could be anything but one can hope.
That is hopeful.
Jaxwave
Swell

He gone.
Bigschtick
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:27 pm
Open or closed ?
Open, the entire student body and staff have been invited!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
anEngineer
Riptide

Bigschtick wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:30 am
nawlinspete wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:27 pm
Open or closed ?
Open, the entire student body and staff have been invited!
I think users on this site were also invited to the team meeting. Did anyone go?
Greeniegb
Swell

Pepper wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:42 pmMatt Riser.
Odd you gave no reason. Well use use to be a Riser fan, not anymore he has 3 back to back subpar seasons. His team currently is batting .238 with a Era of 6.18. No way should Dannen hire a coach on the downward projection., Not sure why but multiple down seasons is a red flag,

Miss. St. is batting .277 with 90 Home Runs and 88 doubles against SEC Pitching,
Geautreau is the Hitting Coach at Miss State. His strength is teaching, kind of coach we need to coach our players up;
Oh Brother
Low Tide

RH’s coaching tree has been pretty successful, would get his input asap.
Oh Brother
Low Tide

Correction, RH- Rick Jones
glennc
Low Tide

So we fired the baseball coach. We find out when Tulane basically said it by an announcement. Still no word from Dannen. His mouth must be wired shut.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:53 am I'm not going to mention anybody. In the Dannen world, I think any suggestions from this board, will be the kiss of death for that candidate.
I think you're right. Houston, we have a problem here.

How much do we pay a good Head Coach?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

glennc wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:30 pm So we fired the baseball coach. We find out when Tulane basically said it by an announcement. Still no word from Dannen. His mouth must be wired shut.
Dannen doesn’t give a rat’s ass about Tulane’s fans. He’s an autocrat, who does just the minimum in order to keep a paycheck coming—not unlike many on the Tulane dole. We only end this by hiring Tulane alums and fans that have a passion for Tulane, and aren’t just looking ahead to their next gig. Let’s start with our new baseball coach.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:37 pm
glennc wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:30 pm So we fired the baseball coach. We find out when Tulane basically said it by an announcement. Still no word from Dannen. His mouth must be wired shut.
Dannen doesn’t give a rat’s ass about Tulane’s fans. He’s an autocrat, who does just the minimum in order to keep a paycheck coming—not unlike many on the Tulane dole. We only end this by hiring Tulane alums and fans that have a passion for Tulane, and aren’t just looking ahead to their next gig. Let’s start with our new baseball coach.
If we begin with the new baseball coach, then a new AD must be put in place.... TD was/is a terrible hire... his interaction with the "average" Tulane fanbase and local business 'leaders' is caustic.... and he is just what SC ordered....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

I find it interesting that only two candidates are mentioned in the Advocate this morning, one and obvious one in Gautreau, the other out of the blue in the Woffird coach. Is this a name dropped by Dannen because he’s already approached him with maybe even an offer. Where else would the Advocate writer come up with that name and no other small school coaches located in the area closer to Tulane?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It didn't come from TD. It came strictly from the writer.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:41 am I find it interesting that only two candidates are mentioned in the Advocate this morning, one and obvious one in Gautreau, the other out of the blue in the Woffird coach. Is this a name dropped by Dannen because he’s already approached him with maybe even an offer. Where else would the Advocate writer come up with that name and no other small school coaches located in the area closer to Tulane?
Here’s the link for others to see
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 1348d.html

Easy choice between those two.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

A National search got us Jewett. How has that worked out?
The only choice should be Jake. He’ll bring in Micah or Andy as assistants and keep Daniel as pitching coach. If we go with the Wofford guy it will be because Jake turned us down. I’ll give Dannen the benefit the doubt here because he’s blown his first MBB and BB coaches hires. Looks like Hunter may work out. I’m hoping Jake will be interested. It should be his job without an interview. Dannen should take a cue from LSU. Just go hire the best available that you can afford.
ccap05
Surge

Show Me wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:20 am A National search got us Jewett. How has that worked out?
The only choice should be Jake. He’ll bring in Micah or Andy as assistants and keep Daniel as pitching coach. If we go with the Wofford guy it will be because Jake turned us down. I’ll give Dannen the benefit the doubt here because he’s blown his first MBB and BB coaches hires. Looks like Hunter may work out. I’m hoping Jake will be interested. It should be his job without an interview. Dannen should take a cue from LSU. Just go hire the best available that you can afford.
100% correct. My only comment is that the quicker this is done the better.