New Asst. AD to oversee Football

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Maybe we can hire Andy now. 🤗
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good one.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This whole thing is just bizarre.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Dave breslin
Swell

I don’t get it. This guy was fired for doing something constructive and he’s joining a program that doesn’t. I think I saw Dannen on my milk carton. Maybe that’s the reason
Show Me
Tsunami

Bizarre hire for sure. Will Wade also available. :oops:
MicMan
Swell

LOLOLOLOL
RobertM320
Green Wave

Maybe this is an indication that we're finally willing to "play a little loose with the rules" like everyone else does, in order get what we need to succeed.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:42 pm
Maybe this is an indication that we're finally willing to "play a little loose with the rules" like everyone else does, in order get what we need to succeed.
Diversity hire to build Troy’s resume.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

His issues had nothing to do with playing loose with the rules. He was doing things that he didn’t have authority to do and falsely accusing others of acts they didn’t commit. So much for the vetting process.. Just an awful hire.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The entire university just keeps getting increasingly bizarre.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:08 pm
Diversity hire to build Troy’s resume.
That’s a distinct possibility, or AWOL knows that Fritz is down to his last chance, and wants somebody else to deliver the coup de grace, if we have another underperforming football season.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Or Troy Boy plans on accepting a full time NCAA shine boy offer that he’s earned. And is setting this new dude up as at least an interim replacement. Frankly, I hope this is the case—I’m ready to roll with whatever is behind Door #2.
Dave breslin
Swell

Gee,I’d take an AD that rammed things through and gave the middle finger to those that don’t produce. That’s been lacking here forever.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Dave breslin wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:58 pm Gee,I’d take an AD that rammed things through and gave the middle finger to those that don’t produce. That’s been lacking here forever.
+1,000,000.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Knowing how Gibson Hall likes to look down their noses at anything that might tarnish its own over-inflated perception of prestige, this hire was clearly not vetted at all. Dannen should be fired for this hire and Fitts should be reprimanded for approving it. They talk about accountability, well at many a University accountability would mean heads roll for this type of f-up. See what happened at Kansas, Oregon State and others recently when they made similarly poor hiring decisions. Heck the CHANCELLOR at Oregon State was fired because of something that happened in the athletics department (which he wasn't part of) when he was at LSU. Tulane will likely sweep it under the rug, but I wish someone would bring this up next time Fitts or Dannen mentions accountability.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:00 am Knowing how Gibson Hall likes to look down their noses at anything that might tarnish its own over-inflated perception of prestige, this hire was clearly not vetted at all. Dannen should be fired for this hire and Fitts should be reprimanded for approving it. They talk about accountability, well at many a University accountability would mean heads roll for this type of f-up. See what happened at Kansas, Oregon State and others recently when they made similarly poor hiring decisions. Heck the CHANCELLOR at Oregon State was fired because of something that happened in the athletics department (which he wasn't part of) when he was at LSU. Tulane will likely sweep it under the rug, but I wish someone would bring this up next time Fitts or Dannen mentions accountability.
Hell, I am shocked that SC approved this hire, as we all know, everyone else at Tulane are his puppets
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:00 am Knowing how Gibson Hall likes to look down their noses at anything that might tarnish its own over-inflated perception of prestige, this hire was clearly not vetted at all. Dannen should be fired for this hire and Fitts should be reprimanded for approving it. They talk about accountability, well at many a University accountability would mean heads roll for this type of f-up. See what happened at Kansas, Oregon State and others recently when they made similarly poor hiring decisions. Heck the CHANCELLOR at Oregon State was fired because of something that happened in the athletics department (which he wasn't part of) when he was at LSU. Tulane will likely sweep it under the rug, but I wish someone would bring this up next time Fitts or Dannen mentions accountability.
So you say there's an out for the Fritz buyout?
How many years are left???
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

If THIS guy gets in, then let Cannizaro in! Just INSIST that he DOESN'T text his girlfriends from the dugout!

(Hmmm, was this a PC hire?)
Greeniegb
Swell

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:17 am If THIS guy gets in, then let Cannizaro in! Just INSIST that he DOESN'T text his girlfriends from the dugout!

Jake Geauxtreau
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:20 pm
DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:17 am If THIS guy gets in, then let Cannizaro in! Just INSIST that he DOESN'T text his girlfriends from the dugout!

Jake Geauxtreau
I’d love to see The Geauxt as our next Manager.
Show Me
Tsunami

Exactly. Need a change in baseball for sure. No way on earth can this team run through the AAC tournament. Not enough hitting or pitching.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:28 am
So you say there's an out for the Fritz buyout?
How many years are left???
I haven't a clue what you're referring to.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

Tulane announced his employment today. He’s taking Monica LeBron’s job of overseeing facilities. Basically sending out fan surveys and trying to make things more fan friendly. Looks like Scott Mitchell is filling in for the departed Chris Maitre. Two current ticket guys (Mike and George) also were elevated. They do a great job IMO. So does Scott M.