Cincy Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The games will be at 6:30, 2 and 1. They will all be on ESPN+.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

winwave wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:42 pm The games will be at 6:30, 2 and 1. They will all be on ESPN+.
Home or away??
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Show Me
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:16 pm
winwave wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:42 pm The games will be at 6:30, 2 and 1. They will all be on ESPN+.
Home or away??
Nola
Oh Brother
Low Tide

With the unfortunate injuries to Goff and DeVito, Dannen will be able to rationalize that Jewett performed admirably this season despite failure to make tournament every year he has been here. Dannen sees the number of committed baseball fans have dwindled tremendously since the Jones and Pierce eras and sees no reason to want to rebuild that support. So he keeps this loser who manages to win half the games each year on average . My question is what does Dannen care about? Is he committed to success in any sport in any way?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Oh Brother wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:40 am With the unfortunate injuries to Goff and DeVito, Dannen will be able to rationalize that Jewett performed admirably this season despite failure to make tournament every year he has been here. Dannen sees the number of committed baseball fans have dwindled tremendously since the Jones and Pierce eras and sees no reason to want to rebuild that support. So he keeps this loser who manages to win half the games each year on average . My question is what does Dannen care about? Is he committed to success in any sport in any way?
Great questions. Thus far, it only appears that he cares about writing the NCAA's new constitution--as though hardly anyone in the FBS are paying any attention to the NCAA. I just saw a couple days ago where the Ohio St. AD is lobbying for FBS football to completely pull away from the NCAA. He suggested that the FBS schools might want to continue to participate in the NCAA basketball, baseball and Olympic sports--but give them time, and they'll figure out they don't need the NCAA for any of that either.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wow. ECU at MEM, a double no hitter through 8 full innings. ECU got two hits in the 9th but didn't score, Going to extras now. ECU still throwing a no-hitter.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:15 pm Wow. ECU at MEM, a double no hitter through 8 full innings. ECU got two hits in the 9th but didn't score, Going to extras now. ECU still throwing a no-hitter.
12th inning now
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

Regardless of the outcome of this game, Jewett ball continues.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Wave755
Tsunami

Game 1 final:
Waves loses 3-2 in 11 innings. ⚾️
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave waste another excellent outing:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... a333c.html
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:28 am Wave waste another excellent outing:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... a333c.html
Shades of Corey Merrill on Friday nights. Got absolutely no run support either.
Bad home loss. Cincy was below 150 RPI before their win last night.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good comparison.
anEngineer
Riptide

The RPI is irrelevant at this point. They need to win the tournament to go to a regional. They have almost no chance of winning a regional against a quality opponent, especially without Groff and Devito. This is almost certainly the end of the Jewett era. It remains to be seen what level of coach is willing to take on the challenging financial realities of Tulane baseball.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

time for Tulane to learn a lesson from SMU, Iowa State, Colorado, Colorado State, Temple, Syracuse, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Boise State, Tulsa and others...drop baseball...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:07 am The RPI is irrelevant at this point. They need to win the tournament to go to a regional. They have almost no chance of winning a regional against a quality opponent, especially without Groff and Devito. This is almost certainly the end of the Jewett era. It remains to be seen what level of coach is willing to take on the challenging financial realities of Tulane baseball.
True, the remainder of Tulane's baseball season is now "academic"👨‍🎓 in regard to the Field of 64, for the Wave win the conference tournament @ Clearwater or stay at home again since 2016.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We take game 2 4-3. Nice outing by VALIGOSKY.

(Sorry about the caps. Auto correct issue).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin
Swell

Drop baseball?!?! It’s the only thing -except for ‘98 football—that we’ve made any National noise. But we’ve learned to BF this up-you know. Our baseball motto is “if at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try, try, try, try ,try again. You know, 7 times. ( Even a blind squirrel….).
Show Me
Tsunami

I can’t continue to support this nonsense. I won’t be renewing my 2 season tickets should things remain the same. Even if changes are made and are not to my liking I won’t renew.
The kids and fans deserve better than what we’re getting. I was disappointed when Cannizzaro wasn’t hired but came around to Jewett during the Covid season. It’s been all downhill ever since. It’s even hard to watch the stream at home. My support for baseball is at a 50 year low.
Aegis
High Tide

Travis Jewett sucks you know what
Wave755
Tsunami

Final Game 3:
Cincy 8
Wave 7

Pathetic
Pepper
Swell

They have to make a change. I can't see anything positive. 7 straight years of no post season baseball. This guy is going down as the worst baseball coach in modern Tulane history. That's really hard to do!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Dave breslin
Swell

I didn’t listen to this game. After 60 years of following the one sport we could be relevant in—it’s over. If Jewett has any respectability he would resign. This debacle, called D1 baseball, has shoo shooed under mr you know. Hopefully, the new guy that you hired understands that putting a competitive team on the field is the only thing that matters. So far, the “intellectual “ leaders are as much as losers as those that are leading this country. You are what your record says you are. And that is pompous bullshit. You wouldn’t know how to run a successful snowball so and. I know I’ve been drinking for Mother’s Day-but you are the dregs of college ball. I know I’ll have negative responses but this athletic operation is —well, I can’t think of a word below poopoo