Cincy Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No excuse to lose a series against that bad of a team especially at home. We all know the excuses we expect TD to use, good young players and key injuries late like last year, but we aren't buying it. Show me won't be the only one not renewing.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Dannen owns the Jewett hire, but most importantly, he owns keeping Jewett around Tulane for the past seven years. Jewett should have been fired within his first three years at Tulane, Preferably after year one. If Dannen won’t fire Jewett the baseball program will continue to be a below average program whereas Tulane baseball used to be such a successful program under Brockhoff, Jones, and Pierce.
Show Me
Tsunami

Sunamiwave wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:39 pm Dannen owns the Jewett hire, but most importantly, he owns keeping Jewett around Tulane for the past seven years. Jewett should have been fired within his first three years at Tulane, Preferably after year one. If Dannen won’t fire Jewett the baseball program will continue to be a below average program whereas Tulane baseball used to be such a successful program under Brockhoff, Jones, and Pierce.
Yes. The stands are practically empty now days. Sad situation because baseball was always our bell cow. You could count on it making a regional fairly consistently. It’s so sad that it will be 6 straight years without one.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yep. In 12 of the last 14 years we haven't made a Regional. It's time for a drastic change. He needs to be fired and a true national search needs to take place. Link Jarrett should be number one on the list. Money should not be an issue. Get it done.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

Tulane won’t get it done. They rarely get it done and it’s only gonna get worse in all sports now with NIL/transfer portal. The end is near.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:00 pm Yep. In 12 of the last 14 years we haven't made a Regional. It's time for a drastic change. He needs to be fired and a true national search needs to take place. Link Jarrett should be number one on the list. Money should not be an issue. Get it done.
He’s not leaving ND to go to Tulane. We going to end up with an assistant like Jewett. No current major college HC will risk coming here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Likely not but if we truly want to be successful we need to be bold. We don't need to settle for an assistant. There are others like Jarrett that are HC's at smaller D-1 schools that have shown they are winners. Pierce fit that mold. We can and must do better.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

drop baseball....there are not enuff difibulators, to bring it back to life
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:39 am Likely not but if we truly want to be successful we need to be bold. We don't need to settle for an assistant. There are others like Jarrett that are HC's at smaller D-1 schools that have shown they are winners. Pierce fit that mold. We can and must do better.
Hopefully Dannen forms a committee of knowledgeable baseball people to select candidates. I won’t trust him or this new guy he hired recently.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

If we get the tuition relief bill to pass then the Tulane job will be ready for prime time.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

Show Me wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:46 am
winwave wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:39 am Likely not but if we truly want to be successful we need to be bold. We don't need to settle for an assistant. There are others like Jarrett that are HC's at smaller D-1 schools that have shown they are winners. Pierce fit that mold. We can and must do better.
Hopefully Dannen forms a committee of knowledgeable baseball people to select candidates. I won’t trust him or this new guy he hired recently.
Surprised the Show Me guy would use "hopefully" and "Dannen" in the same sentence.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Meanwhile crickets at Turchin
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

A routinely bad Bearcubs squad packing 'em b/c no one in Cincy wants to see the worst MLB team in 50 years. Cincy fans too smart for that. LOL
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:16 am A routinely bad Bearcubs squad packing 'em b/c no one in Cincy wants to see the worst MLB team in 50 years. Cincy fans too smart for that. LOL
Except on the day that picture was taken the Reds won their second consecutive series. They're still a bad MLB club (one of many) but playing a bit better of late, despite having their best players out.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V