Six CUSA schools likely to join AAC earlier (now July 2023)

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The new garbage CUSAAC league to start a year earlier should the AAC accept UH, UCF and Cincy’s financial offer to leave early.
The completion of that deal would then allow the six Conference USA schools — Charlotte, FAU, North Texas, Rice, UAB and UTSA — to join the AAC on July 1, 2023.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:54 am The new garbage CUSAAC league to start a year earlier should the AAC accept UH, UCF and Cincy’s financial offer to leave early.
The completion of that deal would then allow the six Conference USA schools — Charlotte, FAU, North Texas, Rice, UAB and UTSA — to join the AAC on July 1, 2023.
How many current AAC schools split up the $17MM to $20MM? 8 schools?
Every time I think of the new CUSAAC I can only shake my head at where Tulane athletics as descended. Incredible neglect by Gibson Hall.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I agree the new teams aren’t exciting. However I do recommend folks listen to TD’s interviews on the subject (or my cliff notes as previously posted). He was in favor of only adding one or maybe two teams (UAB), but the only way espn agreed not to renegotiate the deal was with adding that collection (of Conf USA) teams.

It is an embarrassing group of teams. From a competitive perspective, adding uab and army or app State would have looked much better. But we need cash and exposure. Troy Dannen also said if the BIG had expanded by 4 during their first “competition”/presentations he had it on good authority our aau status, location and academics would have gotten us in. But the world has changed no one gives a shit about academics anymore only streaming eyeballs
Show Me
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:39 am
tpstulane wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:54 am The new garbage CUSAAC league to start a year earlier should the AAC accept UH, UCF and Cincy’s financial offer to leave early.
Every time I think of the new CUSAAC I can only shake my head at where Tulane athletics as descended. Incredible neglect by Gibson Hall.
UCONN paid $17 million to leave early years ago.
(Not paid all at once but over years)

Hopefully we get $20 million a school today with inflation. That $60 million should be divided up with the remaining AAC schools. Tulane could get approx $7 million range if the conference gets $60 million.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:42 am
HoustonWave wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:39 am

UCONN paid $17 million to leave early years ago.
(Not paid all at once but over years)

Hopefully we get $20 million a school today with inflation. That $60 million should be divided up with the remaining AAC schools. Tulane could get approx $7 million range if the conference gets $60 million.
Whatever amount is settled Tulane will get 1/8 share I would believe.
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

Tulane is so far behind the other 20 FBS schools in every way, it's no longer worth the effort. And the admin knows that.

I'd be shocked if Dannen wasn 't angling for Emmert's NCAA job right now.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Texas an OU will still be in the big12....I wonder how the other schools feel about dividing the TV money with new schools, whch is not part of the exisitng contract big12 contract...I do not see the media moguls giving the big12 more money until the current contract ends...but then again,
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed May 04, 2022 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Going forward our best hope to move up is have all the Tulane sports alumni subscribe to ESPN+ and tune in to watch the Wave. I’m not sure what else can be done at this point. It’s only $6.99 a month. Tulane should be promoting this to its alumni base especially those that no longer live in town.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:35 am Texas an OU will still be in the big12....I wonder how the other schools feel about dividing the TV money with new schools, whch is not part of the exisitng contract big12 contract...I do not see the media moguls giving the big12 more money until the current contract ends...but then again,
Golf as I said in the thread I had started on this in the Huddle The Big 12 already had it worked out to take them in even while OU and UT were still in it.
Last edited by winwave on Wed May 04, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:32 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:35 am Texas an OU will still be in the big12....I wonder how the other schools feel about dividing the TV money with new schools, whch is not part of the exisitng contract big12 contract...I do not see the media moguls giving the big12 more money until the current contract ends...but then again,
Golf as I said in the thread I had started on this in the Huddle The Big 12 already had it worked out to take them in the army even while OU and UT were still in it.
The biggest overall loss is UH...... TV market...football, basketball and baseball will be missed.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

It is what it is! Please stop with the "garbage" crap. We will be hard pressed to beat these so-called "garbage" teams from CUSA.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:39 pm

It is what it is! Please stop with the "garbage" crap. We will be hard pressed to beat these so-called "garbage" teams from CUSA.
🫣🫣🫣
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

MicMan wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:27 am Tulane is so far behind the other 20 FBS schools in every way, it's no longer worth the effort. And the admin knows that.

I'd be shocked if Dannen wasn 't angling for Emmert's NCAA job right now.
You know he's begging for that job. After prostrating himself for the KU job, you know he'll take the first offer he gets. That's kind of the way it is for many at Tulane--Jewett, Fritz and Fitts.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Give me trips to San Antonio, Boca Raton, any day over trips to Cincy, plus we still get to go to Houston and play in a much nicer stadium than UH has
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:54 pm Give me trips to San Antonio, Boca Raton, any day over trips to Cincy, plus we still get to go to Houston and play in a much nicer stadium than UH has
Yep. Sure safer than traveling to New Orleans.