Women's Golf Wins the AAC

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They were 10 shots down and came back to win it. Congrats!

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow. Congrats!!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

That's awesome.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Amazing !!! Roll wave !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

a damn good comeback on a difficult course
https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2022/4 ... title.aspx
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

will be interesting to see what regional they are assigned to...FSU...Vandy.....OK State seem the closest geographical places
anEngineer
Riptide

Great job, ladies and Coach Burke.
MicMan
Swell

65% of TU womens golf roster from outside U.S.

Only 7% of all Tulane students from outside U.S.

LOL
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:35 pm 65% of TU womens golf roster from outside U.S.

LOL
schools who host golf regionals
OK State 50% outside of USA
Florida State 60% outside USA
Vandy 25% outside USA
Stanford 50% outside USA
anEngineer
Riptide

MicMan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:35 pm 65% of TU womens golf roster from outside U.S.

LOL
Golf is a true international sport and there are a lot of foreign players who are better. If you want to win, you need to get foreign players.
MicMan
Swell

Hmm, not enough country club type kids in the U.S?

Oh that's right, they're playing baseball.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

LOL
I am curious, what is “LOL” about this?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:19 pm

LOL
Golf is a true international sport and there are a lot of foreign players who are better. If you want to win, you need to get foreign players.
just look at the LPGA, dominated by players from outsde the U.S.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Congrats to the Ladies!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

anyone know when the Regional assigments will be posted
GreenLantern
Riptide

I worked the Shotlink laser station this week for the PGA Zurich Classic in New Orleans (hole 12-fairway position if any of you would like to drop by and say hi tomorrow). The laser readings we take and distribute provide immediate shot information to radio/television (when the TV announcer says Scottie Scheffler just hit a 307 yard drive and has 165 remaining to the pin, it was us). PGA players also use these statistics to review their past performance and determine their areas of greatest need for improvement (Colin Morikawa leads the PGA in his accuracy of iron-approach shots to the green and Will Zalitoris is the leader in strokes gained tee-to-green).

I had the pleasure of meeting and getting pictures with several of the Tulane women's golf team. They were enjoying a side gig with ESPN+ by schlepping the camera equipment around for the cameramen who were shooting the event. This is a very beautiful and talented group of young women.

BTW, I mentioned to a couple of them that our athletic forum, gotula.net, currently had a thread devoted to the team winning the AAC. I also stated that we welcomed any information about events and players. Sadly, they were all surprised and none were familiar with the forum. They were however, pleased that they were getting attention by a group of Tulane fans.

Lastly, they expressed hope that if the women's program could continue to enjoy success that it would lead to the reestablishment of men's golf.
dpm wave
Swell

Zalitoris, strokes
in the same sentence

:megagrin:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

selection show watch party on Wednesday
https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2022/4 ... party.aspx
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

on to Stillwater OK... as the 11th seed...top 4 of 12 teams advance to the NCAA Championships...one hell of a course...accuracy off the tee. not distance is the a must have to be successful on this layout... there are elevation changes to be dealt with, but compared to NOLA, zero humidity
https://www.karstencreek.com/
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Going to Stillwater from May 9-11. Burke won coach of the year. Three players made all conference:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... aff13.html
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:10 pm Going to Stillwater from May 9-11. Burke won coach of the year. Three players made all conference:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... aff13.html
I posted some info on the previous thread of the AAC championship..U may wish to merge the two
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Didn't qualify to go to the Championship round:
'
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 6dcbc.html
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:53 pm Didn't qualify to go to the Championship round:
'
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 6dcbc.html
Well congratulations on getting that far. Hopefully next season we can take it one or two steps further.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981