Ed Conroy

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
User avatar
nawlinspete
Riptide
Posts: 2792
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Good for Ed . Everything has come up roses for him since leaving here .

Were we too hasty with Ed ? He probably deserved another two or three years here at the minimum . Sure would have been a lot better than Dumb Dannen hiring Dumbleavy .


President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

nawlinspete wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:38 pm Good for Ed . Everything has come up roses for him since leaving here .

Were we too hasty with Ed ? He probably deserved another two or three years here at the minimum . Sure would have been a lot better than Dumb Dannen hiring Dumbleavy .
We can agree there. I can only believe Dannen wanted to hire his own FB and BB coach when he got here. Ed has always landed well on his feet. He has solid basketball connections from all parts. Vandy seems like an ideal fit for him. I wish him nothing but the best.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 4515
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Conroy is a class act. The way it ended here for him was totally embarrassing.
Wish him well in Nashville.
greenie78
Swell
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Online

Stackhouse is on thin ice. This might be a one year position for Ed.
Forever TU
High Tide
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:18 pm
Status: Offline

Show Me wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:08 pm Conroy is a class act. The way it ended here for him was totally embarrassing.
Wish him well in Nashville.
Easily the nicest coach I ever interacted with while working in the ticket office. He even made some calls with us and helped me close a few clients.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 4515
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Forever TU wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:48 pm
Show Me wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:08 pm Conroy is a class act. The way it ended here for him was totally embarrassing.
Wish him well in Nashville.
Easily the nicest coach I ever interacted with while working in the ticket office. He even made some calls with us and helped me close a few clients.
Great to hear. Quality guy all the way.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Show Me wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:58 pm
Forever TU wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:48 pm
Show Me wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:08 pm Conroy is a class act. The way it ended here for him was totally embarrassing.
Wish him well in Nashville.
Easily the nicest coach I ever interacted with while working in the ticket office. He even made some calls with us and helped me close a few clients.
Great to hear. Quality guy all the way.
+1
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Congrats to Ed as he gets back to the Citadel.
https://www.sacbee.com/sports/article259702500.html
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21634
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Good luck to him.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1928
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:40 pm
nawlinspete wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:38 pm Good for Ed . Everything has come up roses for him since leaving here .

Were we too hasty with Ed ? He probably deserved another two or three years here at the minimum . Sure would have been a lot better than Dumb Dannen hiring Dumbleavy .
We can agree there. I can only believe Dannen wanted to hire his own FB and BB coach when he got here. Ed has always landed well on his feet. He has solid basketball connections from all parts. Vandy seems like an ideal fit for him. I wish him nothing but the best.
Are y’all on drugs? Just because Dunleavy sucked doesn’t mean Conroy deserved more time. Conroy could have coached at Tulane for eternity and it would have resulted in 0 NCAA or NIT appearances
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Ed’s in town he’s now HC at Citadel they are playing at UNO Wednesday night at the Lakefront Arena.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
Bigschtick
Riptide
Posts: 3039
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Tucson, Az.
Status: Offline

Wish him the best. Sad it did not work out at Tulane. Nice guy.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:56 pm Wish him the best. Sad it did not work out at Tulane. Nice guy.
Ed gets the homecoming victory
https://crescentcitysports.com/mens-bas ... e-citadel/
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Post Reply