Sandy Barbour

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Say what you will about PSU football, but they were conference champs in a conference that sent two teams to the four team playoff.
You're right my bad. My memory failed me, thinking that both OSU and Michigan got to the playoff, when in fact Washington took the spot I thought Michigan had.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:LOL. People got so tired of knocking him they felt compelled to come up w/something he could do. So they siad he could fundraise. Fact is he wasn't any good at that either.
Lots to knock Dickson about with much justification. You can fail with a 65 grade and still be good at something. If you think he was bad at fundraising, why don't you go ask the folks who gave Tulane $100+ million for athletic facilities? To a school that some around here repeatedly bemoan as the worst of worst of college programs and those posters are self proclaimed fans? Hertz, Benson, Yulman, Glazer, Devlin and others are all accessible. Just ask them if Dickson helped or hindered their donations.

I'm truly wondering? Did the money just appear out of thin air?

First off we needed a lot more than $100 million. Our facilities still suck. Second off he couldn't raise the funds so SC got board members that he appointed to pony up most of it. RD sucked at everything.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Say what you will about PSU football, but they were conference champs in a conference that sent two teams to the four team playoff. Did you forget that PSU won the division and the Conference Championship game? And oh yeah, they beat Ohio State, a team that will play pinball with the scoreboard when Tulane takes the field against them.
Do us a favor and save that question for Fritz's pregame coach's show the week of the OSU game. I'm sure he'll be happy to address your concern about his poor little team.
What is the question?

I stated that OSU will put up huge points against us in Columbus next year. Don't believe it? Talk to fans or players from Bowling Green (77 points) Tulsa (48 points in a 45 point win versus a bowl bound team) Rutgers (58), Nebraska and Maryland (62 points each). They'll score as many as they need to impress the pollsters. Heaven forbid we play them a week after they suffer a loss; they might score 100. Same holds true for OU this season. They'll light the scoreboard early and often.
Last edited by DfromCT on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerseyWave
Riptide

lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:LOL. People got so tired of knocking him they felt compelled to come up w/something he could do. So they siad he could fundraise. Fact is he wasn't any good at that either.
Lots to knock Dickson about with much justification. You can fail with a 65 grade and still be good at something. If you think he was bad at fundraising, why don't you go ask the folks who gave Tulane $100+ million for athletic facilities? To a school that some around here repeatedly bemoan as the worst of worst of college programs and those posters are self proclaimed fans? Hertz, Benson, Yulman, Glazer, Devlin and others are all accessible. Just ask them if Dickson helped or hindered their donations.

I'm truly wondering? Did the money just appear out of thin air?
Every school Tulane is up against has spent $100 million on Athletic facilities over the past decade and Tulane is still woefully behind.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

Team doctors are conflicted between the short term needs of the program and the long term interests of Football players, shocking!
[video]
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

BFD. A former employee suing for $50k.
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:40 pm BFD. A former employee suing for $50k.
He's not suing for money, he's suing to get his name back.
Do you know what's between Philadelphia & Pittsburgh?
(Mississippi)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:30 pm
(Mississippi)
What are your talking about when asking what's between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh? I've spent time in both cities this year on business. The Mississippi is well West of Pittsburgh. Please explain!
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:00 pm
wave97 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:30 pm
(Mississippi)
What are your talking about when asking what's between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh? I've spent time in both cities this year on business. The Mississippi is well West of Pittsburgh. Please explain!
It's not your fault D, you just weren't raised right. Perhaps if you had spent more time in rural America rather than New England boarding schools you'd have it figured out in no time. But thanks for the for the humorless & patronizing inquiry!
BTW: Looking good in them there jeans D (banjo music).
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:48 am
It's not your fault D, you just weren't raised right. Perhaps if you had spent more time in rural America rather than New England boarding schools you'd have it figured out in no time. But thanks for the for the humorless & patronizing inquiry!
I wasn't raised right? You have two consecutive posts in this thread that make no sense, but I wasn't raised right. And by the way, I graduated HS from Lucy C Ragsdale High School in Jamestown, NC.

Whatever.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

A very solid career. She did nothing but her best at Tulane and was run off by a thick-skulled, self-proclaimed expert that proved to know little about collegiate athletics. And it all stems from one of the worst decisions in Tulane Athletics history: hiring Chris Scelfo instead of RR. We know how that played out.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:02 pm A very solid career. She did nothing but her best at Tulane and was run off by a thick-skulled, self-proclaimed expert that proved to know little about collegiate athletics. And it all stems from one of the worst decisions in Tulane Athletics history: hiring Chris Scelfo instead of RR. We know how that played out.
Well said D, well said. Just one more laughably bad move by Tulane’s unending failed leadership.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:23 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:02 pm A very solid career. She did nothing but her best at Tulane and was run off by a thick-skulled, self-proclaimed expert that proved to know little about collegiate athletics. And it all stems from one of the worst decisions in Tulane Athletics history: hiring Chris Scelfo instead of RR. We know how that played out.
Well said D, well said. Just one more laughably bad move by Tulane’s unending failed leadership.
Shows how dumb the people in charge at Tulane really are.... If the "leaders' at Tulane would be in buisness, they would be fired, but becasue they are in the "educational-indoctrination" field they are lauded as visionaries... may I suggest some "laser lens" replacements, ya be surprised how much different things look Arnie Fielkow, with his buisness experiece, scared the hell of them, he was talkin' a language they could not understand
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:35 pm
wave97 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:48 am
I wasn't raised right? You have two consecutive posts in this thread that make no sense, but I wasn't raised right. And by the way, I graduated HS from Lucy C Ragsdale High School in Jamestown, NC.

Whatever.
Wow. Did you know that our former baseball coach Rick Jones brother was head baseball coach for many years at Ragsdale?
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GretnaGreen
Low Tide

(Mississippi)
[/quote]

There are quite few miles between Philadelphia, Mississippi & Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The first ever Regional (1999) Tulane went to was at Auburn and as a #1 seed. The reason we didn’t host was because Sandy didn’t value hosting enough back then. We put out a small bid that wasn’t in the ballpark. Had he hosted things may have been different.
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:16 am
HoustonWave wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:23 am
Shows how dumb the people in charge at Tulane really are.... If the "leaders' at Tulane would be in buisness, they would be fired, but becasue they are in the "educational-indoctrination" field they are lauded as visionaries... may I suggest some "laser lens" replacements, ya be surprised how much different things look Arnie Fielkow, with his buisness experiece, scared the hell of them, he was talkin' a language they could not understand
"....talkin' a language they could not understand"---ain't that the truth. Of course there are a lot of things Tulane's 'leaders' have never understood--and still don't.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
nawlinspete
Riptide

Sandy has been named one of four interim administrators of USC Athletics .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tufinal4
High Tide

No way that our first regional was in 1999- was something else meant
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tufinal4 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:30 pm No way that our first regional was in 1999- was something else meant
Yes meant this:. First ever regional we had a chance to host. She didn’t value baseball so we went to Auburn as a #1 seed. Good catch there Charlie.

Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:07 pm Wow. Did you know that our former baseball coach Rick Jones brother was head baseball coach for many years at Ragsdale?
I never made the connection. It was a very long time ago, I was there in 1980-81. I should have played baseball at Ragsdale, I had no shot on the golf team despite playing the best golf of my life at that time.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:34 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:07 pm Wow. Did you know that our former baseball coach Rick Jones brother was head baseball coach for many years at Ragsdale?
I never made the connection. It was a very long time ago, I was there in 1980-81. I should have played baseball at Ragsdale, I had no shot on the golf team despite playing the best golf of my life at that time.
Gotcha
Tulane Class of 1981