Saints and Deshaun Watson

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Does anyone care about the accusations by dozens of women about Watson or are Saints fans just praying they land the uber-talented QB? I'm a Saints fan but from afar and am definitely not in tune with what the locals thinnk about the Saints interest. I can tell you I would be shocked to hear even a whisper of interest by the Giants, regardless of what decision they make about Daniel Jones.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Saints super bowl odds just went way up from +5000 to +1800.

Someone going to get him. I’d rather it be the Saints than Carolina
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:01 pm Does anyone care about the accusations by dozens of women about Watson or are Saints fans just praying they land the uber-talented QB? I'm a Saints fan but from afar and am definitely not in tune with what the locals thinnk about the Saints interest. I can tell you I would be shocked to hear even a whisper of interest by the Giants, regardless of what decision they make about Daniel Jones.
Without diving into the weeds, the grand jury declined to move forward, and further, given they had access to additional information - some of which isn’t public, there doesn’t appear to be much smoke there.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Watson was just questioned in regards to 2 of the accusers. 20+ accusers = he’s a scumbag
Greeniegb
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:03 pm Watson was just questioned in regards to 2 of the accusers. 20+ accusers = he’s a scumbag
Only fools believe 20 women accusers are lying!!! Same with the previous President!!!
Show Me
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:18 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:03 pm Watson was just questioned in regards to 2 of the accusers. 20+ accusers = he’s a scumbag
Only fools believe 20 women accusers are lying!!! Same with the previous President!!!
Lol. And absolutely nothing came of it. Typical election smear campaign.
The ultimate goal for the Democrats is to put Trump in prison and bankrupt him so he can’t be a factor in politics. If these accusations were true he’d be on trial now.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

That is the ultimate goal for democrats. . . And it also happens to be accurate. He is a rapist, a creep, fraud, mentally ill and a traitor. He should be bankrupt and in prison. As far as: “ . If these accusations were true he’d be on trial now. “ that’s extremely naive
Show Me
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:56 pm That is the ultimate goal for democrats. . . And it also happens to be accurate. He is a rapist, a creep, fraud, mentally ill and a traitor. He should be bankrupt and in prison. As far as: “ . If these accusations were true he’d be on trial now. “ that’s extremely naive
Believe me if they had any chance of proving that he’d be on trial. All smear tactics that are tossed out there as bait for those in the Democratic Party.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Show Me wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:01 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:56 pm That is the ultimate goal for democrats. . . And it also happens to be accurate. He is a rapist, a creep, fraud, mentally ill and a traitor. He should be bankrupt and in prison. As far as: “ . If these accusations were true he’d be on trial now. “ that’s extremely naive
Believe me if they had any chance of proving that he’d be on trial. All smear tactics that are tossed out there as bait for those in the Democratic Party.
LOL. You are saying that Democrats wanted him on trial while Republicans didn’t. You are such a simpleton. My four year old could reach a more intelligent conclusion than you. This sounds like something that would be said by a pro-insurrectionist, pro-Putin, cult leader like Trump or by one of his Republican groupies. Oh, I almost forgot, you are one of them!!
Show Me
Tsunami

Sunamiwave wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:40 pm
Show Me wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:01 pm
LOL. You are saying that Democrats wanted him on trial while Republicans didn’t. You are such a simpleton. My four year old could reach a more intelligent conclusion than you. This sounds like something that would be said by a pro-insurrectionist, pro-Putin, cult leader like Trump or by one of his Republican groupies. Oh, I almost forgot, you are one of them!!
Thanks for making my point. If you think both sides believe it why isn’t he on trial now?
They all are Jussie Smollett’s. If it were true Trump would be on trial. It was an election smear attempt that never went anywhere. Watson accusations never proven.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The trade we thought we’d get Thursday — the Deshaun Watson deal — did not come to fruition. The Athletic’s Jeff Howe reports that Watson is down to New Orleans and Atlanta, but there’s little idea on a timetable.
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

Show Me wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:24 pm
The ultimate goal for the Democrats is to put Trump in prison and bankrupt him so he can’t be a factor in politics. If these accusations were true he’d be on trial now.
Ha HA you put your foot in your mouth. Since you want to paint Trumps infidelity over the years as smear tactics, well the Republican President and Congress along with Trumps Dept of Justice and Attorney General found absolutely no evidence against Hillary, or the Biden's they refused to press charges. Lol smear tactics!!!
You can't have your cake and eat it too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Greeniegb
Swell

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:04 am
Show Me wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:24 pm

Ha HA you put your foot in your mouth. Since you want to paint Trumps infidelity over the years as smear tactics, well the Republican President and Congress along with Trumps Dept of Justice and Attorney General found absolutely no evidence against Hillary, or the Biden's they refused to press charges. Lol smear tactics!!!
You can't have your cake and eat it too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The great Alt Right Smear machine that has taken over the Republican Party has may people like you pawns as they have lied about Hillary, the Biden's, and election fraud but have no evidence at all. They controlled the whole federal government including the Supreme Court and Hillary and the Biden's have come out crystal clean as Trump's own Attorney General said no proof exist of any of the allegations thrown by Trump and the Alt Right. Facts thrown back at you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

[b]Openly alt Right Republicans in bed with Putin as Trump was,
These Are the 8 Republicans Who Voted Against Ending Russia's Trade Status
As 424 lawmakers voted in favor of the measure, just eight GOP lawmakers voted "no." Those who voted against the effort includes Republican Representatives Marjorie Taylor Green of Georgia, Lauren Boebert of Colorado, Matt Gaetz of Florida, Chip Roy of Texas, Andy Biggs of Arizona, Glenn Grothman of Wisconsin, Dan Bishop of North Carolina and Thomas Massie of Kentucky.[/b]
Last edited by Greeniegb on Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This thread wasn't intended to become political in any way, shape, means or form. I also never considered conspiracy theories. Thinking that these women across multiple states, many of whom, if not most don't know any of the others, consipired as a smear tactic against an NFL QB (and the NFL didn't find out and throw it out for exactly that) is akin, in my book anyway, to thinking Bush orchestrated 9/11.

I just wanted to know how Saints fans feel about a guy with his reputation possibly becoming the face of the franchise? Likewise, if anyone feels he may suffer deteriorating skills due to time away from the game?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:41 am This thread wasn't intended to become political in any way, shape, means or form. I also never considered conspiracy theories. Thinking that these women across multiple states, many of whom, if not most don't know any of the others, consipired as a smear tactic against an NFL QB (and the NFL didn't find out and throw it out for exactly that) is akin, in my book anyway, to thinking Bush orchestrated 9/11.

I just wanted to know how Saints fans feel about a guy with his reputation possibly becoming the face of the franchise? Likewise, if anyone feels he may suffer deteriorating skills due to time away from the game?
Saints are pretty good at evaluating quality people. In this position they probably have to hold their nose and try and sign him hoping it’s not going to have a negative impact on the franchise or sign with a rival divisional team. Obviously they feel he’s an upgrade in spite of his potential civil and image issues going forward. If they want him that bad I’m ok with it. Should he sign with ATL I’d immediately sign Winston.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:41 am This thread wasn't intended to become political in any way, shape, means or form. I also never considered conspiracy theories. Thinking that these women across multiple states, many of whom, if not most don't know any of the others, consipired as a smear tactic against an NFL QB (and the NFL didn't find out and throw it out for exactly that) is akin, in my book anyway, to thinking Bush orchestrated 9/11.

A lot of Saints fans don't want anything to do with him . On tyop iof that it was written in an article in the Advocate yesterday that Payton had no interest in Watson and so Allen would be charting his own course here. For an organization that touts its culture over and over this goes against the grain.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
MicMan
Swell

His 2019 numbers were off the charts amazing, but 4-12 b/c the D was one of the worst in league history. Watt apologized to Watson for wasting his season.

Almost unthinkable to get a top-top QB in his prime. Once he serves his, oh, six-game suspension and throws his first TD, then see what the fans think.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Ahhh yes the lsu philosophy. I’ll have to start a new “Scumbag thread” if he signs with the saints.
Show Me
Tsunami

If you follow his story all these accusations involve massages. A Grand Jury indictment is pretty easy to get. I served on one myself. They didn’t even go along with the accusations. Many people think it’s a shakedown. Hopefully the Saints sign him and not the Falcons. Innocent until proven guilty.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Watson will be playing for the "Mistake by the Lake" Browns
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:09 pm Watson will be playing for the "Mistake by the Lake" Browns
Wow. $230 million in guaranteed money. Those 22 women going to get paid now.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

Show Me wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:58 pm If you follow his story all these accusations involve massages. A Grand Jury indictment is pretty easy to get. I served on one myself. They didn’t even go along with the accusations. Many people think it’s a shakedown. Hopefully the Saints sign him and not the Falcons. Innocent until proven guilty.
I was always a little skeptical that the lawyer representing the 1st woman to come forward was a close friend of the Texans' owner.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Watson arrving in Clevleand, has sparked a rise in donations
https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/20/cleve ... ade-browns
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981