AAC in Post Season Men's Basketball 2022

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houston and Memphis make the NCAA tourney and SMU goes to the NIT.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Wowza, Memphis is matching up very well with Gonzaga. They have even better athletes and what they’re doing on the offensive glass is amazing. . . Remember that time when we beat Memphis this year :mrgreen:

Rooting for Memphis
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

41-31 Tigers up at half.
Zags got hosed with that draw. Memphis was underseated for sure.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

The issue is Memphis was unfocused and poorly coached. . . But back to the wall with bright lights suddenly they play focused defense and certainly have the talent to hang with anyone.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Zags win 82-78.
Tulane Class of 1981
Tulane1111
High Tide

Really thought Memphis had this one, the refs call
it tight which didnt help
Memphis and Gonzaga shot
it really well.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yeah Memphis definetly could have had this. Timme got red hot, the officials didn’t help and penny decided to never use his time outs. It was also pretty much a home game for gonzaga. This is an excellent Memphis team that Tulane beat ;)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:34 pm Yeah Memphis definetly could have had this. Timme got red hot, the officials didn’t help and penny decided to never use his time outs. It was also pretty much a home game for gonzaga. This is an excellent Memphis team that Tulane beat ;)
Except we didn't beat the team that played last night. Yeah, they wore the same name on their jerseys but it wasn't the same team. We beat a team that was not yet coached up by Larry Brown and was missing two of its' top players. I'm not sure Larry Brown made the trip to New Orleans (someone that went to that game can help me out here). Your point about Tulane being able to play with anyone is well taken, though. We couldn't say that for a long time on Freret St.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

dammit, it's the facilites in scenic Spokane
https://gozags.com/facilities/mccarthey ... c-center/1

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Houma de Wave
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:42 pm The issue is Memphis was unfocused and poorly coached. . . But back to the wall with bright lights suddenly they play focused defense and certainly have the talent to hang with anyone.
This…and I think this will continue to be the case.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Getting caught up here. Memphis beat Boise St. 64-53 and then lost out to Gonzaga 82-78. Houston beat UAB 82-68 and plays Illinois today at 11:10.Houston is favored by 3.5. SMU will play Washington St. today in the NIT after beating Nicholls 68-58. SMU is favored by 2.5.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:00 am dammit, it's the facilites in scenic Spokane

“McCarthey Athletic Center: Opened in 2004, the 6,000 seat arena, aka “The Kennel,” is well known as one of the nation’s toughest home court advantages. It is home to the Kennel Club, recognized as one of the best student sections in the country, and has been sold out for every men’s basketball game since the building opened.”

If we had a sold out student section every game that would go a long way. Something LIKE what Gonzaga has would be amazing for Tulane basketball. I think if we can make an appearance in the ncaa tourney in the next couple of years we would see a renewed push for a fogelman expansion
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houston advances with a win over Illinois.
Jaxwave
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:23 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:00 am dammit, it's the facilites in scenic Spokane

“McCarthey Athletic Center: Opened in 2004, the 6,000 seat arena, aka “The Kennel,” is well known as one of the nation’s toughest home court advantages. It is home to the Kennel Club, recognized as one of the best student sections in the country, and has been sold out for every men’s basketball game since the building opened.”

If we had a sold out student section every game that would go a long way. Something LIKE what Gonzaga has would be amazing for Tulane basketball. I think if we can make an appearance in the ncaa tourney in the next couple of years we would see a renewed push for a fogelman expansion
I luv you, BC, but what in the history of Tulane administration’s commitment or lack thereof gives you any hope that something like this is possible.
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:43 pm Houston advances with a win over Illinois.
Houston has very few shooters. What they have is scorers (athletes) who play great defense and rebound like no team I have never seen before.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

SMU lost to Washington St. 75-63. So Houston is the only team left in the post season.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houston beats Arizona 72-60 to advance to the Elite 8. They play Nova next.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:26 pm Houston beats Arizona 72-60 to advance to the Elite 8. They play Nova next.
This Cougars team is WAY better than most posters on this forum gave them credit. Despite losing a few to graduation, and 2 of their top players to injury, this team was hands down the class of the AAC, and might be headed back to the final four. I seem to remember one regular saying this Houston team was beatable and not that good. Every team in the country is beatable. Houston is where we want to be and we took a step in that direction with a long way to get there.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Poor D. Always making up stuff to looking to get a dig in., NO ONE HERE EVER SAID THEY WEREN'T VERY GOOD. NOT EVEN CLOSE.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The committee didn’t give them any respect seeding them that low. All year they led the nation in defensive stats. The league being down this year probably hurt UH’s seeding as much as anything. I know they will be leaving the AAC but I’ll be pulling for them to win it all this go round.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:31 am The committee didn’t give them any respect seeding them that low. All year they led the nation in defensive stats. The league being down this year probably hurt UH’s seeding as much as anything. I know they will be leaving the AAC but I’ll be pulling for them to win it all this go round.
I pull for every AAC team as long as they are not playing Tulane....when are UH, Cinci & UCF leaving the AAC...looks like texas and OU are stuck in the Big12 until the 2025 season
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:42 am
tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:31 am The committee didn’t give them any respect seeding them that low. All year they led the nation in defensive stats. The league being down this year probably hurt UH’s seeding as much as anything. I know they will be leaving the AAC but I’ll be pulling for them to win it all this go round.
I pull for every AAC team as long as they are not playing Tulane....when are UH, Cinci & UCF leaving the AAC...looks like texas and OU are stuck in the Big12 until the 2025 season
Looks like next year they will remain in the AAC and then be gone. The Big 12 is willing to take them before the others leave.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sometimes its more than facilities.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I guess the bookies and bettors have figured out Houston deserved a much higher seed. The 5 seeded Cougars are giving the 2nd seeded Wildcats 3 points at tipoff.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houston knocked out of the tourney 50-44 by Nova.