espn AAC preview

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

A good read. It’s not the in depth team analysis he does later during the summer.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:04 am A good read. It’s not the in depth team analysis he does later during the summer.
the UnderDawg pod cast
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2022/2/ ... cincinnati
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

“ Tulane is looking at three likely wins, three likely losses and an incredible six-game stretch of relative toss-ups between Oct. 8 and Nov. 17. The Green Wave could be the turnaround team of 2022, or they could see another run of tight losses and frustration.”

What the heck happened to Tulane? The first impression we got of Willie Fritz's Tulane squad in 2021 came in Norman, Oklahoma, where the Green Wave nearly scored their first win over a top-10 team since 1973, coming up inches short on fourth down and falling 40-35. Michael Pratt threw for 296 yards and three touchdowns, the defense picked off two Spencer Rattler passes and made tons of red zone stops, and this seemed like an exciting, well-coached team with solid upside.

They pounded Morgan State the next week ... and didn't win again until late November. The offense was randomly explosive but inconsistent. Tulane averaged 19 points per game during an eight-game losing streak and allowed twice as much. The run defense was good, but it didn't matter because the pass defense was dreadful. Maybe the two best Green Wave defenders -- big end Darius Hodges (15 tackles for loss, five sacks, 12 run stuffs) and nickel Jadon Canady (four TFLs, two INTs, five pass breakups) -- were a redshirt freshman and true freshman, respectively.

There are signs of hope that the downturn might not be permanent. For one thing, the Wave were 0-5 in close games. Despite a 2-10 record, they fell only to 89th in SP+, one spot ahead of where they were while going 7-6 in 2018. Plus, they didn't suffer major attrition in the transfer portal as teams often do after poor seasons. That's a sign of a positive culture if nothing else. Pratt, running back Tyjae Spears, nearly every receiver and four starters on the line all return on offense, while Hodges and Canady are among six starters returning (along with most of last year's second-stringers) on defense.

Redshirt freshman Darius Hodges was one of the bright spots of the Tulane defense with 15 TFLs.

Tulane will be far more experienced, and while Fritz retained defensive coordinator Chris Hampton for a second year after the Wave showed progress down the stretch (last four games: 20.3 PPG allowed), Fritz went back to his small-school roots to breathe life into the offense, hiring longtime Central Missouri head coach Jim Svoboda as coordinator. Svoboda succeeded Fritz at Central Missouri in 2010, and Shae Wyatt, Tulane's leading receiver in 2021, came from the school, where he caught 65 balls for 1,452 yards in 2019.

Tulane has proved to be a difficult job through the years, and when the bottom drops out in such a program, it can happen quickly. I don't think that's what happened in New Orleans last season, but 2022 will obviously tell us a lot.”
MicMan
Swell

For the first time in living memory, Tulane had a guy, Pratt, who was supposed to tip the field in our favor. When he got banged up Tulane was in a world of hurt.
Greeniegb
Swell

MicMan wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:46 pm For the first time in living memory, Tulane had a guy, Pratt, who was supposed to tip the field in our favor. When he got banged up Tulane was in a world of hurt.
You need to get off this one quarterback doomsday, you will see a real competition between our 3 highly capable Quarterbacks. New coaching staff on the offensive side will want the competition, when one qb thinks he is the anointed starter it is not good for any team. Oklahoma found that out when their Heisman Candidate at QB was not as good as the young new qb. Heisman candidate got bench, don't cry if that happens to Pratt it will only mean someone has stepped up. Main knock-on Pratt is his mind gets bogged down with should I run or sit in the pocket. That type of quarterback gives his linemen and receivers fits. A Quarterback that can sit in the pocket allow his receivers to find the open areas is always the best long-term quarterback for the team as far as consistency. A Quarterback that stays in the pocket allows the linemen the opportunity to slide the defensive rush around the Quarterback. A undiscipline quarterback is hard to block for and to give receivers time to find openings.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

more from espn, for those with the big $$$
https://www.espn.com/college-football/i ... -top-teams