Uneven. College Baseball’s Scholarships

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:46 pm Not really. We were a Regional program and we stayed one. We went to the CWS twice and set the record for the two biggest blown leads in CWS history. So yeah when you are only speaking among Tulane fans you can say we are great we went to the CWS. When speaking to anyone else they say it just proved you didn't belong there.
Lucky we’re Tulane fans. Of course we belonged there. Perhaps the 2 & Q’s didn’t belong there. 2005 we had the best team in the country and should have won it. Anyone saying “we didn’t belong there” didn’t watch us play. We won 56 games. Give me a break.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That #1 team that we couldn't cheer we're #1 because RJ would send his minions into the stands to say RJ doesn't want that cheered. And yes others rightfully say us blowing the biggest lead in CWS history proves we didn't belong. If we had the best team we would have won the CWS instead of leaving with egg on our faces.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:46 pm That #1 team that we couldn't cheer we're #1 because RJ would send his minions into the stands to say RJ doesn't want that cheered. And yes others rightfully say us blowing the biggest lead in CWS history proves we didn't belong. If we had the best team we would have won the CWS instead of leaving with egg on our faces.
That's a stretch. Many teams get to the CWS and falter. Blowing a big lead happens all the time. We earned our spot in the CWS.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Show Me
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:35 am
winwave wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:46 pm That #1 team that we couldn't cheer we're #1 because RJ would send his minions into the stands to say RJ doesn't want that cheered. And yes others rightfully say us blowing the biggest lead in CWS history proves we didn't belong. If we had the best team we would have won the CWS instead of leaving with egg on our faces.
That's a stretch. Many teams get to the CWS and falter. Blowing a big lead happens all the time. We earned our spot in the CWS.
It’s obvious he has it out for RJ. Most #1 seeds never win the CWS go back and check. To argue that we didn’t deserve to be there otherwise “shows” his lack knowledge or obvious disdain for Jones
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not at all. Fact is we own the two biggest blown leads in CWS history. It's a shame it ended that way but it did. Hopefully one day we get back there and win it all.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:20 am Not at all. Fact is we own the two biggest blown leads in CWS history. It's a shame it ended that way but it did. Hopefully one day we get back there and win it all.
You sure have a unqualified way of communicating your opinions.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not an opinion. Those blown lead records are facts.
Show Me
Tsunami

Once again WW hijacks a potential positive scholarship change that should benefit Tulane baseball (something RJ wanted for years) and made it into a RJ bash thread.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:14 am
Pepper wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:35 am
It’s obvious he has it out for RJ. Most #1 seeds never win the CWS go back and check. To argue that we didn’t deserve to be there otherwise “shows” his lack knowledge or obvious disdain for Jones
It’s been 22 years since a #1 seed won it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:00 am Once again WW hijacks a potential positive scholarship change that should benefit Tulane baseball (something RJ wanted for years) and made it into a RJ bash thread.
I'm all positive about the potential scholarship change . I simply noted that times have changed since RJ was here and that this change at this point will be helpful but a lot more schools are invested in baseball and have built facilities as nice as ours or even better than ours. So it will be more of a challenge to get back much less win it even with this change. As usual that was taken and made all about RJ by a certain segment. I just stated facts. Getting there was fun but it clearly was disappointing once we got there.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:38 am
Show Me wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:00 am Once again WW hijacks a potential positive scholarship change that should benefit Tulane baseball (something RJ wanted for years) and made it into a RJ bash thread.
I'm all positive about the potential scholarship change . I simply noted that times have changed since RJ was here and that this change at this point will be helpful but a lot more schools are invested in baseball and have built facilities as nice as ours or even better than ours. So it will be more of a challenge to get back much less win it even with this change. As usual that was taken and made all about RJ by a certain segment. I just stated facts. Getting there was fun but it clearly was disappointing once we got there.
Fair enough. But nobody on earth more disappointed than RJ.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Been a while. How's your house rebuild going?
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:59 am Been a while. How's your house rebuild going?
Took awhile but we are back home. Lucky we have some friends in construction. Thanks for asking.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad to hear it. Take care.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:29 pm Glad to hear it. Take care.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

This is worth a watch. I played baseball at UMass, my scholarship covered basically food and books. The situation is really strange for big time programs.