Gettin' shown the money

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:42 am Cincy cummin up withe big $$
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ource-says
BCS and soon to be Big 12 money funding sources.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:52 am
The benefit of effective university leadership. There is a huge money trough waiting for any school that wants to pay the cover charge.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:56 am
The benefit of effective university leadership. There is a huge money trough waiting for any school that wants to pay the cover charge.
Exactly. 10-100 times your investment
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:35 am
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:56 am
Exactly. 10-100 times your investment
It really seems like that ship has sailed without us. We Tulane'd ourselves.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

My standard refrain now, every time I get an email or phone call from Tulane begging for more money, is "when you decide to run with big time schools, I'll donate big time. But right now you're running with a bunch of dogs."
wave97
Swell

Nonsense, absolute nonsense!
We have an ideal stadium to host contests between Sewanee, Millsaps, U of Chicago, BU (Boston University), Western Reserve, Gettysburg, Swarthmore, Carlisle & Santa Clara.
This jig has been up for for some time.
Men's Basketball should be our singular focus for any sort of popular athletic entertainment.
My 1979th post! 1979 was a very good year.
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:18 am My standard refrain now, every time I get an email or phone call from Tulane begging for more money, is "when you decide to run with big time schools, I'll donate big time. But right now you're running with a bunch of dogs."
I can see Tulane's frustrations; Temple built a beautiful modern Arenas similar to UNO's Lakefront Arena with half the money from the state with the University putting up the remainder. In Louisiana we see no partnership with the state because of LSU pulling strings in the state legislature.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ccap/2014/ ... dffa5317af

Conventional wisdom says that intercollegiate athletics is a boon to colleges and universities; that it’s wildly profitable; attracts new students; enhances fundraising; and, boosts the university’s profile. Yet these are myths, often perpetuated by the media – and by the universities themselves.

The truth is that very few college athletic programs make a profit; instead, most are heavily subsidized by student fees and other institutional subsidies. Furthermore, these fee amounts aren’t static. They’re increasing annually.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:34 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:18 am My standard refrain now, every time I get an email or phone call from Tulane begging for more money, is "when you decide to run with big time schools, I'll donate big time. But right now you're running with a bunch of dogs."
I can see Tulane's frustrations; Temple built a beautiful modern Arenas similar to UNO's Lakefront Arena with half the money from the state with the University putting up the remainder. In Louisiana we see no partnership with the state because of LSU pulling strings in the state legislature.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ccap/2014/ ... dffa5317af

Conventional wisdom says that intercollegiate athletics is a boon to colleges and universities; that it’s wildly profitable; attracts new students; enhances fundraising; and, boosts the university’s profile. Yet these are myths, often perpetuated by the media – and by the universities themselves.

The truth is that very few college athletic programs make a profit; instead, most are heavily subsidized by student fees and other institutional subsidies. Furthermore, these fee amounts aren’t static. They’re increasing annually.
Kind of old isn't it, and all those "problems" haven't kept many schools from reaching for the golden ring. The article conveniently ignores the impact that successful athletic programs have on donations. Also, each university can decide how to utilize the funds. But it's obvious from the gilded cages, gold-platted facilities and enormous salaries, that the P5 schools are cashing huge checks from their athletic programs. I'd love to see Tulane struggle trying to figure out how to spend $20MM to $30MM per year from their conference revenue check. Not to mention the increased revenue and benefits from alums and fans that could take pride in supporting the athletic program. There may be problems feeding at the P5 troughs, but I'll take those problems over our current problems and irrelevance.