NIL impact

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Actually inside the NIL process with top players and their offers/deals.
https://theathletic.com/4044579/2023/01 ... ed_article

Player Development was overwhelming rated most important
Relationships a close second
NIL and Education third
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Build the facilities to help develop those players.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NIL deal collapses causing UF to lose its top recruit.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ ... story.html
Florida is on the verge of losing top quarterback recruit Jaden Rashada after a multimillion-dollar name, image and likeness deal with the 19-year-old high schooler collapsed.

The potential high-profile failure would be a significant blow to a program pushing to rebound from a 6-7 finish during coach Billy Napier’s first year in Gainesville.

On3 Sports reported Rashada requested a release Wednesday from his scholarship papers. The school would not confirm whether the centerpiece of the Gators’ 2023 class planned to honor his commitment, inked Dec. 21 on Early National Signing Day.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

I thought someone here said these guys aren't being offered millions?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:06 am I thought someone here said these guys aren't being offered millions?
The top guys are definitely getting offered millions.
LSU gymnast Livvy Dunne getting millions now of course not for her gymnastics skills but her social media following.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:26 am NIL deal collapses causing UF to lose its top recruit.
Florida is on the verge of losing top quarterback recruit Jaden Rashada after a multimillion-dollar name, image and likeness deal with the 19-year-old high schooler collapsed.

The potential high-profile failure would be a significant blow to a program pushing to rebound from a 6-7 finish during coach Billy Napier’s first year in Gainesville.

On3 Sports reported Rashada requested a release Wednesday from his scholarship papers. The school would not confirm whether the centerpiece of the Gators’ 2023 class planned to honor his commitment, inked Dec. 21 on Early National Signing Day.
Look for Walker Howard ending up enrolling at UF.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:56 am
tpstulane wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:26 am NIL deal collapses causing UF to lose its top recruit.

In the Advocate they said it looks like he would be going to TCU.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Can't read the story as it is now blocked. LSU has the gymnast getting millions. Can somebody provide the very long list of football players getting millions?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:45 am
Pepper wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:56 am
In the Advocate they said it looks like he would be going to TCU.
yes sir....I got a call from my golf buddy in DFW, he played Football and Baseball for TCU, wondering where the hell St Thomas More high school was located, that TCU wanted some kid from there, who signed with lsu and now in the transfer portal
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:47 am Can't read the story as it is now blocked. LSU has the gymnast getting millions. Can somebody provide the very long list of football players getting millions?
Here’s the top 5

1 Bryce Young Alabama Crimson Tide$3.2 m
2 C.J Stroud Ohio State Buckeyes $2.5 m
3 Caleb Williams USC Trojan $2.4 m
4 Jaxon Smith-Njigba Ohio State Buckeyes$1.7 m
5 Bijan Robinson Texas Longhorns football $1.7 m
University of Michigan – Wolverines players can earn an average of $65,000
Oklahoma University – Sooners starts are averaging $64,000 in NIL deal valuation
University of Georgia – The defending College Football Playoff Champions can boast an average of $56,000 in personal brand deals for its players
University of Alabama – Despite having some of the biggest single NIL deals on its roster, Alabama comes in at fifth overall for earnings average at $52,000
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks. So very short list not a very long list. Btw, got the links for that info.? Thanks.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:36 pm Thanks. So very short list not a very long list. Btw, got the links for that info.? Thanks.
That’s just the top 5.
Here’s the top 15
I had that saved on my phone but don’t have a current link. From October 2022.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I think you are reading that wrong. That is a valuation put out by that site not what they have actually gotten. But for conversation sake 9 out of 11,135 scholarship FBS players.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:38 pm I think you are reading that wrong. That is a valuation put out by that site not what they have actually gotten. But for conversation sake 9 out of 11,135 scholarship FBS players.
Haves and Have nots. Not sure if there’s an actual site that that’s shows it exactly but the top ones definitely getting paid well.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nil-here ... 01941.html
College athletes earned an estimated $917 million in the first year of Name Image and Likeness (NIL) payments, which began in July 2021, according to new data from Opendorse.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link:

' Three quarters of NCAA athletes have interacted in some level of NIL activity since last July 2021, per Opendorse, which helps facilitate NIL deals. Through May 31, the average NCAA Division 1 athlete had received $3,711 of money through NIL while some big-name players scored high six-figure deals.'

So none getting a million. Thanks.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:13 pm Thanks for the link:

' Three quarters of NCAA athletes have interacted in some level of NIL activity since last July 2021, per Opendorse, which helps facilitate NIL deals. Through May 31, the average NCAA Division 1 athlete had received $3,711 of money through NIL while some big-name players scored high six-figure deals.'

So none getting a million. Thanks.
That’s just one year. Not necessarily per year.
Cumulative some will.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Deals usually means that's what it will pay out over the course of it. which per that article would be six figures total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:11 pm Deals usually means that's what it will pay out over the course of it. which per that article would be six figures total.
Unnamed college football recruit from Class of 2023

NIL deal: $8 million

Yes, you read that right. An unnamed high school college football player has signed a deal that could pay him up to $8 million, The Athletic reported March 12. The contract reportedly will pay $350,000 right away, with escalating payments that will total $2 million per year.
The deal is the largest NIL deal ever signed by a non-professional athlete.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I believe that story ended up not being true like a lot of other stories that have ben put out there. It does back my point that the total amount mentioned refers to the total value of the deal not just a yearly payment. So the fact remains very few are getting big bucks while many get nothing or very little from NIL. It's why the players in the article you posted put NIL 3rd on their list of the most important things they look for in recruiting. and facilities first.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:11 am I believe that story ended up not being true like a lot of other stories that have ben put out there. It does back my point that the total amount mentioned refers to the total value of the deal not just a yearly payment. So the fact remains very few are getting big bucks while many get nothing or very little from NIL. It's why the players in the article you posted put NIL 3rd on their list of the most important things they look for in recruiting. and facilities first.
The top players have multiple NIL deals. (Multi year and contingent on them staying at the school). If you add them all up you’ll see they can go excess of a million. Hence the term “NIL value”. There’s all kinds of stories confirming this. Just Google NIL deals and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Schools are denying deals with recruits because it’s against the rules to pay to get these kids to sign. It’s fairly obvious what was is going on. FTW is doing it the right way. Give your current players an opportunity to profit from their NIL.

This article from bleacherreport.com cites examples of what I’m saying. One kid has 70 different NIL deals alone.

College Football's Most Unique NIL Deals in 2022
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... ls-in-2022
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Once again nothing there and that was with you having every opportunity to search google and come up with something definitive. The guy with 70 deals is at Norfolk State. He could have a thousand deals and he's not going to make a million. A lot of rumors and nothing else. The collectives have been around for a couple of years . The records are out there to be scoured and show who actually got paid what. Yet nothing has been substantiated yet. As I said above you yourself posted an article with players putting NIL 3rd and facilities first. That's because most are getting nothing or very little. As to the extreme few that are getting substantial money they are players we'd never even bother offering as we have no shot at them NIL or not. We need the facilities built. Yes we need an NIL program and I appreciate what Jimmy and Kelly are doing but we need the facilities and we need them ASAP. Otherwise this turns out like every other time we had a good team and then we sink back down. We don't want that to happen this time. TD needs to do his job.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Google is your friend. First story I googled.
https://www.ucbjournal.com/report-top-r ... nil-deals/
Young now tops the charts for best paid college athletes with $3.2 million worth of NIL deals. Texas A&M is the home to the highest average earning NIL students.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Tim, you're never going to win. winwave/wavedom is ALWAYS right. Don't you know that by now?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:47 am Google is your friend. First story I googled.
https://www.ucbjournal.com/report-top-r ... nil-deals/
Young now tops the charts for best paid college athletes with $3.2 million worth of NIL deals. Texas A&M is the home to the highest average earning NIL students.
LOL. The same valuation thing as before not actual payments.