NIL impact

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:22 pm Tim, you're never going to win. winwave/wavedom is ALWAYS right. Don't you know that by now?
Yet you have provided nothing concrete to show that a multitude of college players have actually been paid a million or more. As for me I have admitted being wrong multiple times. As to tps that has never happened.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:22 pm Tim, you're never going to win. winwave/wavedom is ALWAYS right. Don't you know that by now?
True. Young or Williams holding up a $1 million 1099 would be argued.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You got nothing so you take personal shots as usual. Both bad shots.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Line I said multiple deals for the top guys. They are making millions. No different than seeing Drew Brees on every other TV commercial for something. The sponsors want eye-balls and the top kids get them that.

Here’s some of Caleb Williams deals.
Williams has signed at least six NIL deals since February and his projected earnings from NIL deals over the next 12 months or so are $2.5 million.

Williams signed deals with Beats by Dre, Hawkins Way Capital, AC+ION Water, and Fanatics in February. He then went on to sign deals with Futuremood and Athletic Brewing Company between June and September.
Bryce Young deals
If you watch any TV at all, you should be familiar with Bryce Young. He is the star of the Dr. Pepper Fansville commercials. He is also part of the Nissan Heisman House commercials after he won the trophy last year.

Additionally, Young has NIL deals with Beats by Dre, NOBULL and the Dollar Shave Club.

In a similar fashion to CJ Stroud, Bryce Young gifted his entire Alabama team Beats by Dre headphones when he signed his NIL deal with the company. If you are worth over $3.5 million before leaving college, and you have the contacts this man does, you can do that.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Better but again it says projected. Back to the point though where's the long list of those making millions. It doesn't exist . You've got possibly 9 out of 11,135 scholarship players in FBS football.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:48 pm Better but again it says projected. Back to the point though where's the long list of those making millions. It doesn't exist . You've got possibly 9 out of 11,135 scholarship players in FBS football.
. LeBron James kid going to make millions also. Nobody said there was a big list. The topic came up when that Florida recruit complained about not getting what he was promised. I bet that’s because the schools know that’s illegal to pay them to come. I’m just pointing out the top athletes will make bank and the rest won’t. That’s life.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's the point I've been making. Very few will get big bucks. Most won't get anything.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

$13 million deal collapses. Looks like they going to pay him millions to get out of the deal. Death Penalty next?

How the $13 million recruitment of Jaden Rashada for Florida fell apart
https://theathletic.com/4087681/2023/01 ... ed_article
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Saban rejects NIL

Alabama's Nick Saban rejected 2 players who were searching for $1.3 million combined in NIL money: report
It's believed the current player is a starting offensive lineman

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/alabamas ... ney-report
"Someone with one of the best corners in the nation (in high school) came to me and asked if we’d pay them $800,000 for the player to sign here. I told him he can find another place to play," Saban said, according to Baker High School coach Steve Normand. "I’m not paying a kid a bunch of NIL money before he earns it."
Saban later added that he lost 10 players, including a starter, to the portal already.

"One of them wanted $500,000 and for us to get his girlfriend into law school at Alabama and pay for it. I showed him the door," Saban reportedly said.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good for him.
GreenLantern
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:17 am Saban rejects NIL

Alabama's Nick Saban rejected 2 players who were searching for $1.3 million combined in NIL money: report
It's believed the current player is a starting offensive lineman
The more I read about Kirby Smart, the more I like Nick Saban.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:15 pm That's the point I've been making. Very few will get big bucks. Most won't get anything.
It helps to be talented and extremely good-looking! LSU's Olivia Dunne makes more NIL money than 99.9% of "student-athletes" in the country, male or female. She's a gymnast, and we generally don't consider gymnastics a "revenue sport."
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:08 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:15 pm That's the point I've been making. Very few will get big bucks. Most won't get anything.
It helps to be talented and extremely good-looking! LSU's Olivia Dunne makes more NIL money than 99.9% of "student-athletes" in the country, male or female. She's a gymnast, and we generally don't consider gymnastics a "revenue sport."
She's done so well promoting herself now the whole team has had to have added security measures put in place. I wonder if they are making her pay any of that bill? ( i know they aren't but they should).
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:06 pm
She's done so well promoting herself now the whole team has had to have added security measures put in place. I wonder if they are making her pay any of that bill? ( i know they aren't but they should).
She could certainly write the check. $2.4 million in revenue and growing
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

This deserves recognition (in spite it being LSU)
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TiKTok algorithms are just incredible. It’s tech crack. You get addicted to it. I joined TiKTok in the early days and Livvy popped up on my FY page when she had less than 100K followers and she wasn’t even at LSU yet. She was doing some flips in a bikini on a Florida beach. So I decided to follow her then because she was “ talented and extremely good-looking!”. Since then she has skyrocketed on the platform. Now many of her TiKTok’s are sponsoring clothes she’s wearing. She’s actually bringing more eyeballs and attention to womens gymnastics. I never had any interest in watching a meet until her. Now I find myself watching LSU gymnastics on the SEC Network just to watch her routine. Besides her beauty she’s actually very good on the bars and floor. I think it’s insane but I’m happy for her making millions from these sponsorships.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Coach Prime , “We’re not here for the NIL we’re here for the NFL. “ You come here for NIL we’re not the school for you, we’re here to give you an education and make you a man”.
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRsESHsf
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:28 am Coach Prime , “We’re not here for the NIL we’re here for the NFL. “ You come here for NIL we’re not the school for you, we’re here to give you an education and make you a man”.
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRsESHsf
Coach Prime is going to ruffle plenty of feathers, and make a lot of people downright pissed off at him. But he's going to win. I'm already on record here for predicting he makes the playoff in 5 years if he stays. He just might save the PAC 12.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great read here. The biggest NIL in history that went bust.
https://theathletic.com/4149181/2023/02 ... ed_article
The Gator Collective’s first payment to Rashada, for $500,000, was due Dec. 5. It would have come before Rashada enrolled at Florida. The Athletic asked Gabe Feldman, a Tulane law school professor who specializes in sports law, to review specific clauses in Rashada’s contract with Gator Collective.

“Just the contact with the athlete prior to enrollment and using it as a recruiting inducement, that seems pretty cut and dry based on the timing,” said Feldman. “Under every version of the NCAA policy, that’s problematic.”
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great story here on NIL in NCAA baseball Going to help families paying tuition fighting the 11.7 scholarship limits. BTW FTW has set up
A Tulane baseball only NIL for you baseball fans.
https://theathletic.com/4164024/2023/02 ... ed_article

FTW’s $$$$ for baseball only.
https://open.substack.com/pub/fearthewa ... medium=web
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

From an article in the www.theathletic.com
Now, imagine you’re a guy who is making $95,000 from a collective and about to enter your third year. You’re buried on the depth chart and have barely played.

Under normal circumstances, you’re likely going in the portal. But if you’re making that kind of money, why would you leave and likely give that up? There’s no way you would command that kind of money from a new school. So suddenly, your best option is to put your head down and keep working where you’re already enrolled. (And, of course, keep cashing those checks.)

As college football gets to where 100 percent of players got to see what they were worth, you’ll see more and more of them sitting tight and trying to make it work where they initially signed.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:26 am From an article in the www.theathletic.com
Now, imagine you’re a guy who is making $95,000 from a collective and about to enter your third year. You’re buried on the depth chart and have barely played.

Under normal circumstances, you’re likely going in the portal. But if you’re making that kind of money, why would you leave and likely give that up? There’s no way you would command that kind of money from a new school. So suddenly, your best option is to put your head down and keep working where you’re already enrolled. (And, of course, keep cashing those checks.)

As college football gets to where 100 percent of players got to see what they were worth, you’ll see more and more of them sitting tight and trying to make it work where they initially signed.
That player won't be making 95k at that point. Just like coaches run off players that haven't panned out NILS won't continue to pay a player that hasn't panned out. And yes Tulane runs players off under the guise of having honest talks about their future here.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:36 am
tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:26 am From an article in the www.theathletic.com

That player won't be making 95k at that point. Just like coaches run off players that haven't panned out NILS won't continue to pay a player that hasn't panned out. And yes Tulane runs players off under the guise of having honest talks about their future here.
I think he’s seeing that in the future. Many deep pocket schools will start paying every player a certain amount based on their perceived value. I think to compete that’s probably going to happen at least on the P5 level. So let’s say you’re making $xxx at Texas A&M and not playing do you portal out to another school just to play and make less? Might be headed that way. $95K is probably too high of an example.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Most players are making a pittance or nothing at all. Only a very few schools if any will be paying large amounts to all 85 scholarship players. No one will be paying a player that amount in year 3 to be a bench warmer. It won’t be up to the player it will be up to the NIL.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

FAU team gets around $100K NIL from Mack
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/03/mattre ... final-four
McIngvale signed an NIL deal with the entire Florida Atlantic team worth between $50,000 and $100,000.
Tulane Class of 1981