UCF Beats Tulane 68-66

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We play at UCF tomorrow at 1:00. The game is on ESPNU.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

We are a 7.5 pt. underdog, O/U 140.5 pts. (Rotation nos. 653-654 for Vegas sheet) https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-ba ... las-vegas/
GreenLantern
Riptide

All about the threes...

We're 2 of 13

They're 7 of 17

Hunter remarked before the game that if they made 15 threes that we wouldn't win.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Only down 3 at the half.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Wow! Wave be rollin'
Up by 11 with 11:46 remaining...
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tough one to swallow. 68-63 Knights with a 14pt comeback in the 2nd half.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Nothing is easy.
Tulane1111
High Tide

Brutal to watch them throw up those prayers from long distance and they go in!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We could be undefeated in conference play, tough. There is no doubt we are better then we’ve been in a long time. But coach need to AT TIMES change his defense. It’s truly ridiculous.

Forbes going 2 FOR 14 (!!!) from 3 point land also probably cost us the game.
Jaxwave
Swell

Hunter as bad an end game coach as you will find. There is no structure, no design, no plays. But I still say his major weakness is teaching how to box out. Opponents offensive rebounding game after game kills this team and yet it doesn’t seem to faze Hunter. It’s a shame because he actually has talent, finally.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He said before the game today that his assistants did convince him to change the offense but he refused their suggestions to change the defense. It just leaves us out of position for rebounding which gives up the easy dunks like UCF got at the end. Frustrating to watch after leading most of the 2nd half.
Bigschtick
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:24 pm Wow! Wave be rollin'
Up by 11 with 11:46 remaining...
Waves be losing.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
glennc
Low Tide

I am still not sold on Hunter
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me
Tsunami

The league is so weak and we fail to take advantage of it. Hunter just can’t coach at the end. Reminds me of Dale Brown. Failure to call a TO to slow the UCF run was bad.
anEngineer
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:45 pm The league is so weak and we fail to take advantage of it. Hunter just can’t coach at the end. Reminds me of Dale Brown. Failure to call a TO to slow the UCF run was bad.
That's about the fifth time you have whined that the league is weak. Why don't you stop watching such an inferior product and go somewhere else? If Tulane loses, it's because Tulane is awful. If Tulane wins, their opponents are weak. Go follow a team you like.
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:57 pm
Show Me wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:45 pm The league is so weak and we fail to take advantage of it. Hunter just can’t coach at the end. Reminds me of Dale Brown. Failure to call a TO to slow the UCF run was bad.
That's about the fifth time you have whined that the league is weak. Why don't you stop watching such an inferior product and go somewhere else? If Tulane loses, it's because Tulane is awful. If Tulane wins, their opponents are weak. Go follow a team you like.
I will once Houston, Cincinnati and UCF leave.
Jaxwave
Swell

One or two good blockouts and Tulane wins this game. I have no idea why Hunter doesn’t stress that. He’s now lost 4 games in my view due to opponents offensive rebounding. I brought this up last year. The Wave are relatively undersized so boxing out is imperative. To WINNING. Yes the three point defense is atrocious but trying to hold onto leads late you have to limit opponents rebounding their own misses. You know they will be crashing the boards on every shot. It’s not like we are releasing to run the ball. Just pick up the man closest to you and BOX HIM OUT!
anEngineer
Riptide

I'm not sure there is a defense against a team throwing in 30 footers. If you go out to get them, the easy inside shot is wide open.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:03 pm One or two good blockouts and Tulane wins this game. I have no idea why Hunter doesn’t stress that. He’s now lost 4 games in my view due to opponents offensive rebounding. I brought this up last year. The Wave are relatively undersized so boxing out is imperative. To WINNING. Yes the three point defense is atrocious but trying to hold onto leads late you have to limit opponents rebounding their own misses. You know they will be crashing the boards on every shot. It’s not like we are releasing to run the ball. Just pick up the man closest to you and BOX HIM OUT!
As I've told you before he's beholden to his match up zone which spreads our defenders out and thus they aren't in position to rebound. The problem isn't him teaching boxing out. It is his defense that takes them out of position to be able to do so. Yet he once again proudly declared he isn't changing his defense. He admits that it hurst rebounding but says the trade off of forced turnovers and bad shots is worth it. He's wrong and we're screwed.