Admissions head Satyajit Dattagupta to leave for Northeastern

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
McWave
High Tide

https://www.linkedin.com/in/satyajitdattagupta/

Here's the linkedin page for the head of Tulane's admissions. Does this experience and educational background seem inline with heading up admissions at TU?

I would have expected more than 14 yrs experience. His prior employers are Washington College (80% acceptance rate), University of Rochester (35% acceptance rate), and Depauw University (68% acceptance rate).

He posted, "I am grateful to President Fitts...". I guess so.

And yet after overseeing these admission offices, he's decided to make it harder to gain admission to TU. I'd have to say, Fitts has more to do with any changes than Mr. Dattagupta.

I'd be interest to know if Mr. Dattagupta would have been admitted to TU. He attended Southwest Minnesota State University (undergad. and grad.) which has a 81% acceptance rate. It's a public university with a 45% graduation rate and ranked #119-#157 in Regional Universities Midwest according to USNews. The composite ACT was 17-23 for 2019-2020 (niche.com) .
Last edited by McWave on Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Southwest Minnesota and Northern Iowa are only 300 miles apart...seems Fitts loves the individuals the lattitude produces
https://www.google.com/search?q=southwe ... e&ie=UTF-8#
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

Not qualified to attend , disqualified from disqualifying others far more qualified than he is .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yikes, rather embarrassing.
Dave breslin
Swell

Maybe we are trying to start a cricket team and recruit in India. Trying to be successful in something
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Dave breslin wrote: ↑Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:12 am Maybe we are trying to start a cricket team and recruit in India. Trying to be successful in something
maybe it is just to make in roads in getting Pitchers for TJ
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_D ... t%20J.%20B.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Dave breslin wrote: ↑Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:12 am Maybe we are trying to start a cricket team and recruit in India. Trying to be successful in something
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ The secret has been revealed.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: ↑Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:41 pm Not qualified to attend , disqualified from disqualifying others far more qualified than he is .
You nailed it!
He couldn’t get into Tulane and in no way shape or form should he be deciding someone else’s acceptance.
McWave
High Tide

Just follow up...
Mr. Dattagupta is one of the highest paid employees at TU. His 2018 compensation was $467,000

Other notables:
Fitts: $1.6 million
Crigler (chief investment officer - endowment): $1.8 million (the endowment is about $1.3 billion)
Ms. Wise (head of development): $522,000
Coach Fritz: $1.8 million

So when they ask for donations, keep in mind where it's going.....

This is all public info taken from the Tulane Administrators of the Tulane Educational Fund, IRS form 990...highest compensated employees 2018 fiscal year. I assume they all make more now.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

McWave wrote: ↑Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:15 am Just follow up...
Mr. Dattagupta is one of the highest paid employees at TU. His 2018 compensation was $467,000

Other notables:
Crigler (chief investment officer - endowment): $1.8 million (the endowment is about $1.3 billion)

This is all public info taken from the Tulane Administrators of the Tulane Educational Fund, IRS form 990...highest compensated employees 2018 fiscal year. I assume they all make more now.
All lapping it up at the Tulane trough. Get your fill, and then move onβ€”and now the Cowen Beast is sauntering over to hit the trough, again. No wonder Tulane continues to flounder.
1989alum
Low Tide

Other notables:

So what that is what it takes to have good people running a top university. The endowment is now at $2 billion, annual gifts have been breaking records, applications are way up, acceptance rates way down..the university is firing on all cylinders right now except athletics.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Keep believing the Gibson Hall hype.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

In good news the other board says this asswipe has moved on to Northeastern.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

1989alum wrote: ↑Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:55 pm

Other notables:

So what that is what it takes to have good people running a top university. The endowment is now at $2 billion, annual gifts have been breaking records, applications are way up, acceptance rates way down..the university is firing on all cylinders right now except athletics.
Blowing hot air unless you compare salaries to comparable Universities. Pay determines quality of individuals you attract to a job, not about the person in the job.
Bigschtick
Riptide

They are all overpaid! Typical Tulane bullshit!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Confirmed!

Leaving Tulane!!!!

Dattagupta to leave for Northeastern
Satyajit Dattagupta, senior vice president and dean of admission for enrollment management and graduate and pre-college strategy at Tulane University, will step down June 6 and assume a new role at Northeastern University as chief enrollment officer, senior vice chancellor and special advisor to the president, overseeing enrollment and admission.
https://tulanehullabaloo.com/58724/news ... theastern/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: ↑Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:52 pm In good news the other board says this asswipe has moved on to Northeastern.
Yes amen!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: ↑Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:45 am
winwave wrote: ↑Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:52 pm In good news the other board says this asswipe has moved on to Northeastern.
Yes amen!
shutter to think, and it may make me drink, that Tulane will now announce that SC will be in charge of admissions,
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:38 am
Yes amen!
shutter to think, and it may make me drink, that Tulane will now announce that SC will be in charge of admissions,
:lol: :lol: That was my initial reaction to the news that Raji was moving on to Northeastern--good news unless Cowen is stepping in, on one of his "interim basis" jobs. With Dattagupta leaving all of sudden, you have to wonder if there isn't more to the story behind the admissions policy change announcement that blew up in Fitts' face.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: ↑Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:58 am

Yes amen!
:lol: :lol: That was my initial reaction to the news that Raji was moving on to Northeastern--good news unless Cowen is stepping in, on one of his "interim basis" jobs. With Dattagupta leaving all of sudden, you have to wonder if there isn't more to the story behind the admissions policy change announcement that blew up in Fitts' face.
I think the threat from some "boosters' to stop donating, and the threat of a protest with lighted torches to burn down the admin building, may have had sumthin' to do with his hasty exit.....and anotha thought, what hullabaloo moron thought he was successful ?
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:27 am
HoustonWave wrote: ↑Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:58 am
I think the threat form some "boosters' to stop donating, and the threat of a protest with lighted torches to burn down the admin building, may have had sumthin' to do with his hasty exit.....and anotha thought, what hullabaloo moron thought he was successful ?
I think hullabaloo posts from the inner bowels of Gibson Hall.
torbida
Surge

Hopefully Dattagoof will be able to buy a watch that fits properly...good riddance.
msdos
Swell

torbida wrote: ↑Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:13 pm Hopefully Dattagoof will be able to buy a watch that fits properly...good riddance.
i'd be willing to bet he was overpaid enough that he could afford one if he wanted and that this is a design choice
McWave
High Tide

Other notables:

@1989 - please let USNWR know because TU's national university rankings haven't improved. TU is still lingering around the low 40's (2022 #42 behind: UC-Davis #38, UC Irvin #36, UC - San Diego, #34, UF and UC Santa Barbara, #28, etc.) Yup "top university". What does TU cost these days? I would say more that than the UC system. But TU's admin is top rate.

Acceptance rates have been down and application have been up ever since TU stopped charging for submitting an application :roll: . Start charging and see what happens. Smart marketing scheme. I think Cowen can take credit for that.

TU endowment assets ranked 76th as of June 30, 2020 (NACUBO) :( . TU endowment salaries ranked top ten :o . Looking forward to this big jump you write about for June 30, 2021 which will be published in February. Maybe you could update us on the big jump to the t0p 25 when the NACUBO (national assoc. of university business offices) survey is published.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

McWave wrote: ↑Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:03 am

Other notables:

@1989 - please let USNWR know because TU's national university rankings haven't improved. TU is still lingering around the low 40's (2022 #42 behind: UC-Davis #38, UC Irvin #36, UC - San Diego, #34, UF and UC Santa Barbara, #28, etc.) Yup "top university". What does TU cost these days? I would say more that than the UC system. But TU's admin is top rate.

Acceptance rates have been down and application have been up ever since TU stopped charging for submitting an application :roll: . Start charging and see what happens. Smart marketing scheme. I think Cowen can take credit for that.

TU endowment assets ranked 76th as of June 30, 2020 (NACUBO) :( . TU endowment salaries ranked top ten :o . Looking forward to this big jump you write about for June 30, 2021 which will be published in February. Maybe you could update us on the big jump to the t0p 25 when the NACUBO (national assoc. of university business offices) survey is published.
Watch out McWave--you're baring some real facts here. That won't go over well with the purveyors of Gibson Hall hype.