Johnson in the Portal

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Again. He had indicated he was going in the draft but has now entered the transfer portal. Doubt it but it would be a big help if we could convince him to stay again. Really need someone to step up with a good NIL offer.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Johnson?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:22 pmJohnson?
Jeffery .
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Looking at LSU:

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

As Gloria Gaynor and Jerry Garcia sang "we will survive". Best of luck to the young man, thanks for the four years he gave us.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:16 am As Gloria Gaynor and Jerry Garcia sang "we will survive". Best of luck to the young man, thanks for the four years he gave us.
+ 1
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's a Sooner:

wave97
Swell

Thank you Jeffrey Johnson.
I hope you do well in all things going forward
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: Texas 49, Oklahoma🥚

Damn it Jeffrey, you should have stayed with the Wave!!! :D ;) 8-)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

He'll be watching the bowl season from his couch. The wheels have come off the Sooner's program. There will be extensive PTSD from today's Red River Beatdown.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:26 pm Final: Texas 49, Oklahoma🥚

Damn it Jeffrey, you should have stayed with the Wave!!! :D ;) 8-)
Wow. Incredible.
Vandy may finally have someone they can beat.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

It will be an interesting study for Johnson to compare team and coaching reactions to a disappointing season this year at OU and last year at Tulane.
Wave755
Tsunami

Damn I bet Jeffrey wishes he were still a Green Wave!

:D And, damn it feels good to be a Tulane Green Wave!
Jaxwave
Swell

My guess is Venables is one and done there.
Wave755
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:42 pm My guess is Venables is one and done there.
"The Sooners were blanked by Texas for the first time since 1965 in the crushing defeat on Saturday in the Cotton Bowl."

"In fact, this is the biggest shutout loss in the history of the Oklahoma football program regardless of opponent, and first time in program history that it has lost back-to-back games by 30 points."

"Prior to Saturday, Texas had not shut out Oklahoma since the Lyndon B. Johnson administration. The largest previous loss against the hated 'Horns was a 33-point decision, matched in 1941 and 2005. This isn't a bad stretch by Oklahoma standards. It's a waking nightmare."
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... nife-edge/
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:57 pm Damn I bet Jeffrey wishes he were still a Green Wave!

:D And, damn it feels good to be a Tulane Green Wave!
Don't you know it. I'm an OU fan, but this year is in the crapper for SoonerNation. Done, over, gone.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenie78
Riptide

He could have had a similar experience to Dorian and Tyjae by having a big year and making the Senior Bowl and possible Cotton Bowl instead of possibly missing a bowl game.
anEngineer
Riptide

I can see wanting to experience something different and I'm sure he learned something from it. I can't help imagining what our D line would have been like this year if he had stayed and Adonis Friloux had not gotten hurt.
Ruski
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:01 am I can see wanting to experience something different and I'm sure he learned something from it. I can't help imagining what our D line would have been like this year if he had stayed and Adonis Friloux had not gotten hurt.
As good as the D has been, we’ve completely lacked pressure from the DLine in very important situations. I think with JJ in the squad, the UCF game is a lot closer