The search for an OC

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Greeniegb
Swell

Good hire hope he is on Coach Fritz radar, combination QB an Offensive Coordinator rated top QB Coach by Football Scoop.

Zach Kittley -- 2021 FootballScoop Quarterbacks Coach of the Year

In one season on the job, Kittley designed the most productive passing offense in FBS history.
ZACH BARNETTJAN 5, 2022
FootballScoop is proud to announce that Zach Kittley (Western Kentucky) is the 2021 FootballScoop Quarterbacks Coach of the Year, presented by AstroTurf as selected by prior winners.

I[b]n addition to coaching quarterbacks, Kittley was also Western Kentucky's offensive coordinator. The Hilltoppers went from 19 points per game to 44.2 from 2020-21, trailing only Ohio State for the most in the nation. The Hilltoppers leaped from 120th in total offense and 117th in yards per play to second and third, respectively. Relatedly, WKU went from 5-7 in 2020 to 9-5 with a division championship and a bowl championship in '21.

He can help our QB room to get to the next level into the future. Exactly what we need!!!

https://footballscoop.com/news/football ... tucky-2021

Pepper
Swell

Taylor Housewright the OC/QB coach at Montana St or Jason Eck OC/OL coach at S. Dakota St. Both schools playing Sat for FSC title.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
dpm wave
Swell

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:30 pm Good hire hope he is on Coach Fritz radar, combination QB an Offensive Coordinator rated top QB Coach by Football Scoop.

In one season on the job, Kittley designed the most productive passing offense in FBS history.
ZACH BARNETTJAN 5, 2022
FootballScoop is proud to announce that Zach Kittley (Western Kentucky) is the 2021 FootballScoop Quarterbacks Coach of the Year, presented by AstroTurf as selected by prior winners.

I[b]n addition to coaching quarterbacks, Kittley was also Western Kentucky's offensive coordinator. The Hilltoppers went from 19 points per game to 44.2 from 2020-21, trailing only Ohio State for the most in the nation. The Hilltoppers leaped from 120th in total offense and 117th in yards per play to second and third, respectively. Relatedly, WKU went from 5-7 in 2020 to 9-5 with a division championship and a bowl championship in '21.

He can help our QB room to get to the next level into the future. Exactly what we need!!!

I think he's at TTU
https://texastech.com/sports/football/r ... ttley/3758
Greeniegb
Swell

dpm wave wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:01 am
Greeniegb wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:30 pm Good hire hope he is on Coach Fritz radar, combination QB an Offensive Coordinator rated top QB Coach by Football Scoop.

ZACH BARNETTJAN 5, 2022

I think he's at TTU
https://texastech.com/sports/football/r ... ttley/3758
Yep they just hired him beating Willie, would have been great for developing our young Quarterbacks!!! :( :( :(
Houma de Wave
Swell

Football Scoop reporting that Fritz will announce his new OC sometime next week.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Per football scoop:

“Tulane: Defensive line coach Byron Dawson will not return, per source. Willie Fritz is also expected to make additional changes as well, sources tell Footballscoop. Look for the new offensive coordinator to be hired next week.”
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:19 am Taylor Housewright the OC/QB coach at Montana St or Jason Eck OC/OL coach at S. Dakota St. Both schools playing Sat for FSC title.
NORTH Dakota State, beat Montana State 38-10. NDSU has won something like 5 of the last 8 FCS championships and are one of a handful of programs that would compete for a conference championship in any G5 and a few P5 conferences. They have more wins against RANKED FBS teams over the past 10 years than half of the FBS. Both of the teams in the championship game, and the semi-finalists they defeated back before Christmas, would be favored over our Green Wave.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They have won 9 of the last 11 FCS championships.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:26 am They have won 9 of the last 11 FCS championships.
Including beating a couple of Willie's Sam Houston State teams, in the championship game.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:23 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:26 am They have won 9 of the last 11 FCS championships.
Including beating a couple of Willie's Sam Houston State teams, in the championship game.
Eck has only been there 3 years
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

So do we think oc is announced tmrw and was someone in this championship game ? It seems hard to believe, although there are so many analysts on both teams with head coaching experience and coordinator experience who knows, it could easily be a random analyst getting back into the game. I for one would prefer an OC from one of the elite fcs teams.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:22 pm So do we think oc is announced tmrw and was someone in this championship game ? It seems hard to believe, although there are so many analysts on both teams with head coaching experience and coordinator experience who knows, it could easily be a random analyst getting back into the game. I for one would prefer an OC from one of the elite fcs teams.
how 'bout the senior OC analyst from Clemson... J P Losman...nah, he, like everyone with ties to Tulane are not allowed back on campus...now if he was JP Cowen, a parade would be thrown as he arrives back on campus
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Bueller? . . . bueller ?

My lord this is a tight lip operation. How has nothing leaked ? Supposedly the oc is being announced this week, and we have heard nothing at all by Wednesday afternoon ?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:00 pm Bueller? . . . bueller ?

My lord this is a tight lip operation. How has nothing leaked ? Supposedly the oc is being announced this week, and we have heard nothing at all by Wednesday afternoon ?
I have this from a very reliable source: Now that Scott Cowen has returned to Tulane and in view of his insightful perspective on college athletics, he will function as a temporary OC until such time as a permanent replacement can be hired. After all, Scotty was recruited by Lou Holtz to play football at UConn.
Aegis
High Tide

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:15 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:00 pm Bueller? . . . bueller ?

I have this from a very reliable source: Now that Scott Cowen has returned to Tulane and in view of his insightful perspective on college athletics, he will function as a temporary OC until such time as a permanent replacement can be hired. After all, Scotty was recruited by Lou Holtz to play football at UConn.
I needed the laugh, thx
Dave breslin
Swell

Scotty saved New Orleans. He will save us.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

He’s certainly offensive enough.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

They'll rename the huddles to match the road in front of Gibson Hall. Jerks.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

LSU has added a lot of coaches with deep ties to their LA coaching staff and brought in even more guys with deep ties as analysts. An envious sigh while looking at our hillbilly neighbors
Bigschtick
Riptide

Im Westen Nichts Neus: All Quiet on The Western Front when it comes to Fritz naming an O.C and others. Meanwhile, the Football Scoop shows many schools actively picking up the best people!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DrBox
Riptide

I guess since Nagle and Landholm are under consideration, coach Jeff Conway, architect of our striking WR corps, should also be in the mix.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

It looks like this so called search for an oc is a charade. Willie is going to tell us he conducted an exhaustive nation wide search for the best oc he could find but no one came close to being as qualified as Slade Nagle for the job. This was Willie’s plan all along. We are so screwed.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I have the feeling we are either hiring all of the coaches right now (with the help of his new OC) or we just lost another OC and willie is scrambling. .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:54 am I have the feeling we are either hiring all of the coaches right now (with the help of his new OC) or we just lost another OC and willie is scrambling. .
I am under the impression two coaches have passed on the job... one I am told he is applying to be on the Westlake HS staff in Austin....not sure where the other person has or has not landed