The search for an OC

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:08 am
wave97 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:43 am PLEASE!
Get over the Rich Rodriguez rpo bullshit.
Zone blocking is no longer a viable safe haven for shitbird o-lineman.
Wake up and smell the coffee
Like I said we need a good OC who can scheme around the huge deficiencies in our linemen. No OL coach is coming in and performing miracles with those guys. He'll need an OC that can help hide their many deficiencies. Get a grip on reality.
Wake up the spread turned King from average to Star Quality, the spread also turned our offensive line from subpar to super stars. Offense and schemes create the stars. Bad coaching makes players look bad. We have good offensive linemen, look at their recruiting profiles. Quit belittling our players and see if we get good coaching coming in!!!

Greeniegb
Swell

Here is a good one Green Wave Nation, Ryan Griffin QB Coach. Played under two of the game's greatest Quarterbacks Brees and Brady. Coached by one of football's best QB developer's and offense minded coaches Sean Payton. Coached by Brees during the off season when playing for the Wave. Manning Football Academy Coach several times. He just may be ready to move on from backing up the best and be a coach bringing young Quarterbacks to the next level!!! Would be a great young coach and inspiration for our young Quarterbacks Pratt, Horton, and Ibeita. He was always cool in the pocket, great touch on the long ball. Yessss put a bug in Willies ear, loll

Looks like he might be ready!!!

Great coaching drills he can install at Tulane
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:06 am Here is a good one Green Wave Nation, Ryan Griffin QB Coach. Played under two of the game's greatest Quarterbacks Brees and Brady. Coached by one of football's best QB developer's and offense minded coaches Sean Payton. Coached by Brees during the off season when playing for the Wave. Manning Football Academy Coach several times. He just may be ready to move on from backing up the best and be a coach bringing young Quarterbacks to the next level!!! Would be a great young coach and inspiration for our young Quarterbacks Pratt, Horton, and Ibeita. He was always cool in the pocket, great touch on the long ball. Yessss put a bug in Willies ear, loll

Greeniegb, Dis makes sum cents.....or if we are looking for an OC analyst, how bout Hal Mumme, his tree includes Mike Leach, Kliff Kingsbury, Sonny Cumbie, Sonny Dykes, Jeff Lebby, Art Briles, to name a few
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:47 pm
wave97 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:43 am PLEASE!
Get over the Rich Rodriguez rpo bullshit.
Zone blocking is no longer a viable safe haven for shitbird o-lineman.
Wake up and smell the coffee
Like I said we need a good OC who can scheme around the huge deficiencies in our linemen. No OL coach is coming in and performing miracles with those guys. He'll need an OC that can help hide their many deficiencies. Get a grip on reality.
Wake up the spread turned King from average to Star Quality, the spread also turned our offensive line from subpar to super stars. Offense and schemes create the stars. Bad coaching makes players look bad. We have good offensive linemen, look at their recruiting profiles. Quit belittling our players and see if we get good coaching coming in!!!
Like I said we need a good OC who can scheme around their deficiencies.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:39 am

Do you really think that there's some magic rabbit to pull out of a hat to improve this offense?
Keep going down that road to nowhere & see where it takes you....
Show Me
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:06 am Here is a good one Green Wave Nation, Ryan Griffin QB Coach. Played under two of the game's greatest Quarterbacks Brees and Brady. Coached by one of football's best QB developer's and offense minded coaches Sean Payton. Coached by Brees during the off season when playing for the Wave. Manning Football Academy Coach several times. He just may be ready to move on from backing up the best and be a coach bringing young Quarterbacks to the next level!!! Would be a great young coach and inspiration for our young Quarterbacks Pratt, Horton, and Ibeita. He was always cool in the pocket, great touch on the long ball. Yessss put a bug in Willies ear, loll

I think he had to into get coaching at a lower level first. Remember he’d have to recruit as well.
wave97
Swell

We have a sixty something year old Head Coach who seems to be proving his inability to hire sound assistant coaches.
President Fitts, buyout Willy's term and hire Mark Whipple away from Nebraska.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

wave97 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:25 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:39 am

Do you really think that there's some magic rabbit to pull out of a hat to improve this offense?
Keep going down that road to nowhere & see where it takes you....
We saw RR do it with our OL in '97 and '98. There's other coaches that can do the same. Keep living in denial all you want but it can be done.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:32 pm

I think he had to into get coaching at a lower level first. Remember he’d have to recruit as well.

You think a QB that worked with Peyton, Brees, Brady and with one maybe two Super Bowl teams would have problems recruiting???
He had local connections with the Manning Passing Academy also. QB's and Wide Receivers would want to come absorb his great experiences that not too many can talk about.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

wave97 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:52 pm We have a sixty something year old Head Coach who seems to be proving his inability to hire sound assistant coaches.
President Fitts, buyout Willy's term and hire Mark Whipple away from Nebraska.
Wow, the internet strikes again. Mark Wipple, I mean just wow. I almost would ask what could be worse than Mark Wipple.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Ryan would be a great QB coach,
wave97
Swell

The road to D3 should be our priority for Football Men's basketball stands a chance of escaping the black hole of apathy and indifference. We made an effort to improve the program, but we "tulaned" ourselves.
Tulane needs to stop Tulaneing.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

So another coach from a lesser level moving up.

Seems like there's a ceiling for those guys at Tulane.
GreenLantern
Riptide