Fire Hunter

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

Shades of Dunleavy. Old one liner out coached again out of lines.

Wave Fan
Low Tide

Maybe Georgia Tech needs a basketball coach!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Relax. We are going to turn this around and have our best season forever.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:58 pm Beat me to it SM. I just got home from the game and was getting ready to post that. It's so over. Just horrid.
Yep. You know it’s bad when we find something to agree on.
Dannen is an abhorrent AD. Needs to go first. He can’t be allowed to pick the next coach in any sport.
Citypark
Ripple

Billy Kennedy, who won championships at schools in three different D1 conferences including the SEC, could not get an interview with our inept and pompous athletics director.

Although the competition is fierce, Troy Dannen is the most incompetent AD in Green Wave history!!!

The future of sports at Tulane is in serious jeopardy, and no one in the administration is communicating with its constituents.

ONLY AT TULANE
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

The college of Charleston coach in his first year with all
New players ran laps around hunter. . . TWICE in two weeks. He’s getting paid 30% of what hunter gets. Wish we would make a change
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Citypark wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:18 pm Billy Kennedy, who won championships at schools in three different D1 conferences including the SEC, could not get an interview with our inept and pompous athletics director.

Although the competition is fierce, Troy Dannen is the most incompetent AD in Green Wave history!!!

The future of sports at Tulane is in serious jeopardy, and no one in the administration is communicating with its constituents.

ONLY AT TULANE

+1000. This post is spot on about the problems with Tulane athletics under Dannen. The alarm bells are going off and no one is responding. I fear that Tulane athletics will continue to wither away until nothing is left unless major changes are made. Football, basketball, and baseball are horrific and Dannen is MIA. Most of our conference mates in the AAC have launched major fundraising drives for facility upgrades while Dannen has done nothing in his six years at Tulane to build new facilities. Dannen needs to be sent packing right away.
Pepper
Swell

Citypark wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:18 pm Billy Kennedy, who won championships at schools in three different D1 conferences including the SEC, could not get an interview with our inept and pompous athletics director.

ONLY AT TULANE
I yelled that he was the guy when we hired this clown.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:04 am

ONLY AT TULANE
Most of us did—in our zeal to see the Cow/Dick show finally leave. I guess we should have looked harder at Dannen’s “high end” credentials coming out of the athletic bastion of Northern Iowa. How did Fitts, or anyone else for that matter, even find this guy?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Sunamiwave wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:06 am

ONLY AT TULANE

+1000. This post is spot on about the problems with Tulane athletics under Dannen. The alarm bells are going off and no one is responding. I fear that Tulane athletics will continue to wither away until nothing is left unless major changes are made. Football, basketball, and baseball are horrific and Dannen is MIA. Most of our conference mates in the AAC have launched major fundraising drives for facility upgrades while Dannen has done nothing in his six years at Tulane to build new facilities. Dannen needs to be sent packing right away.
And Fitts keeps sucking his thumb, in the fetal position, in Gibson Hall.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
McWave
High Tide

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:28 am

And Fitts keeps sucking his thumb, in the fetal position, in Gibson Hall.
Quite the opposite...he is at home counting his cash and watching over the planned destruction of athletics. This is the plan. Make athletics so unsustainable economically that cancellation is the only outcome. Poor performance will lead to the loss of a fan base. Which will lead to the loss of financial support. This is the long term plan. The alumni donor base is allowing this to happen either because it is what they want or they don't care.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:26 am
Pepper wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:04 am

ONLY AT TULANE

Most of us did—in our zeal to see the Cow/Dick show finally leave. I guess we should have looked harder at Dannen’s “high end” credentials coming out of the athletic bastion of Northern Iowa. How did Fitts, or anyone else for that matter, even find this guy?
Kennedy was not the "Du Jour" PC hire of the day
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

I don’t have the energy but would love to see the overall combined records of Dannen’s hires in basketball into this his 6th year.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Fitts needs to fire Dannen and Hunter and the DC .

Other university presidents demand success for athletics AND academics , Fitts needs to join them .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:34 am Fitts needs to fire Dannen and Hunter and the DC .

Other university presidents demand success for athletics AND academics , Fitts needs to join them .
I don't think Fitts can afford the Initiation Fee
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
1989alum
Low Tide

I am as frustrated with TD as the next guy but what went wrong? Many of us applauded the Dunleavy and also the Ron Hunter hires as both, although completely different, looked interesting on paper. The Jewett hire seemed intelligent - rising assistant coach that helped another top academic school win a college world series - but I wanted to hire one of the Tulane baseball coaching alums. Willie looked good on paper as well and I still hope Willie can get his shit together but not gonna place a bet on it. Why is the reality not matching the rhetoric/records/other with these recent hires?
DrBox
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:01 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:58 pm Beat me to it SM. I just got home from the game and was getting ready to post that. It's so over. Just horrid.
Yep. You know it’s bad when we find something to agree on.
Dannen is an abhorrent AD. Needs to go first. He can’t be allowed to pick the next coach in any sport.
Nor to grant any more extensions!
dpm wave
Swell

Show Me wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:45 am I don’t have the energy but would love to see the overall combined records of Dannen’s hires in basketball into this his 6th year.
16-17 (6-25)
17-18 (14-17)
18-19 (4-27)
19-20 (12-18)
20-21 (10-13)
21-22 (3-6)

Overall: 49-106 (31.6% winning record)

AAC Regular Season Conference record:
16-17 (3-15)
17-18 (5-13)
18-19 (0-18)
19-20 (4-14)
20-21 (4-12)

Overall 16-72 (18% winning conference record)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TD is a complete failure...He needs to be fired with cause, the cause, his own ineptitude.... now off to ole Metry and work on the tan lines between bites of a Short Stop sandwhich, who by the way supports lsu athletics
Show Me
Tsunami

dpm wave wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:48 am
Show Me wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:45 am I don’t have the energy but would love to see the overall combined records of Dannen’s hires in basketball into this his 6th year.
16-17 (6-25)
17-18 (14-17)
18-19 (4-27)
19-20 (12-18)
20-21 (10-13)
21-22 (3-6)

16-17 (3-15)
17-18 (5-13)
18-19 (0-18)
19-20 (4-14)
20-21 (4-12)

Wow! I didn’t even think about our conference record. Thanks for posting that.
Worst back to back basketball hires in Tulane history.
Scary thing is Dannen gave both of them extensions.
Only Tulane could search the country and manage to find an AD that is worst than RD.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Show Me wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:10 pm
16-17 (6-25)
17-18 (14-17)
18-19 (4-27)
19-20 (12-18)
20-21 (10-13)
21-22 (3-6)

16-17 (3-15)
17-18 (5-13)
18-19 (0-18)
19-20 (4-14)
20-21 (4-12)

Only Tulane could search the country and manage to find an AD that is worst than RD.
Did they really search the country, or did Dickson direct them to Dannen and we just didn't know it?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:18 pm
Show Me wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:10 pm

16-17 (6-25)
17-18 (14-17)
18-19 (4-27)
19-20 (12-18)
20-21 (10-13)
21-22 (3-6)

16-17 (3-15)
17-18 (5-13)
18-19 (0-18)
19-20 (4-14)
20-21 (4-12)

Did they really search the country, or did Dickson direct them to Dannen and we just didn't know it?
Pretty sure they hired a search committee. Tom Benson screwed us over blocking Arnie Fielkow.
We can only hope Arnie would still be interested at some point when Dannen is gone.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:23 pm Pretty sure they hired a search committee. Tom Benson screwed us over blocking Arnie Fielkow.
We can only hope Arnie would still be interested at some point when Dannen is gone.
What was the reason for the animosity between Benson and Fielkow? Was that related to Bountygate? Wonder if he would have been considered a serious candidate otherwise...

I recall that Fielkow had a very precise, step-by-step action plan for restoring Tulane athletics.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:30 pm
Show Me wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:23 pm Pretty sure they hired a search committee. Tom Benson screwed us over blocking Arnie Fielkow.
What was the reason for the animosity between Benson and Fielkow? Was that related to Bountygate? Wonder if he would have been considered a serious candidate otherwise...

I recall that Fielkow had a very precise, step-by-step action plan for restoring Tulane athletics.
Show Me is correct. Benson got rid of Arnie when Arnie exposed Benson plans of moving the Saints permanently to San Antonio after Katrina. Arnie’s leak probably saved the move. Benson blackballed him every chance he could for exposing that idea years later. Arnie was a lock otherwise. He had incredible detained plans and a timetable of what he planned for Tulane Athletics. I all my years I’ve never seen a set of blueprints like that for Tulane Athletics. I had a link but it’s no longer active. I wish I had taken screenshots or downloaded it. Someone supporting Arnie as AD choice had emailed about 50 of us with the plans so maybe someone reading this could provide more info.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:30 pm

after Katrina the Saints were located in San Antonio... Arnie let everyone know that Benson was planning to move the team from NOLA to SA...Benson even made the comment " We're a Texas team now"...soon after making Benson's plans public, Arnie was terminated by Benson