Saturday I'll be Wearing Purple and Gold and Screaming for a Tiger Win!

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Let me clarify.

Logansport, a tiny and somewhat impoverished community of 1500 souls on the Texas border in northwest Louisiana is where I grew up. The high school colors and mascot, sadly, are the purple and gold Tigers.

On this forum several years ago (2016), I posted about the travels (and travails) of Logansport in their journey to the football state championship in the Superdome. On that day, they rallied from an improbable 22 point deficit in the fourth quarter to defeat a heavily favored powerhouse, Haynesville. A short pass play with 24 seconds left sent a Logansport receiver into the end zone for a win. In Hollywood fashion, the crowd went wild. Everyone was hugging everyone. Tears. Cheers. A very large lady behind me actually kissed me on the mouth. No tongue, though. It was a day I'll never forget.

This Saturday at noon, history will try and repeat itself. I'll be back and performing what seems a very unnatural act... screaming my lungs out for the Tigers. So if you see me on the street by the Dome this weekend in my school colors, please try and understand.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You have our blessings. Good luck.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
MicMan
Swell

That's a great story. Surprised such a small town has its own high school.
Hornetswave
Low Tide

good luck and enjoy the game