USF announces major commitment to Athletics $220 million

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Surprised this wasn’t posted yet
https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2 ... hair-says/

Big 12 announced the addition of UCF, Cincinnati, Houston and BYU but USF, notably, was left behind, an on-campus stadium would make them more attractive for the next round of realignment, whenever that is.

Scott said Wednesday’s announcement was “not a reaction” to anything else; it was about planting the seed for a long-overdue addition to campus.

“Frankly, this community and the students and the athletes, they deserve a stadium on their campus,” Weatherford said. “They deserve to have it, and we can do it. And we’re going to do it.”

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:02 am Facilities
https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2 ... l-stadium/
Big deal...do they have "UpTown"..."Audubon Blvd"..."St Charles Street Cars"..and oh yeah, "increased academic standards"......"Facilities', are no big selling point, when ya have all of the above
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

Who needs facilities when you win a conference championship, the Cotton Bowl and a top 10 ranking on a shoestring budget? LOL
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

MicMan wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:11 am Who needs facilities when you win a conference championship, the Cotton Bowl and a top 10 ranking on a shoestring budget? LOL
You may not be way off on that thinking. I
can hear the Board now: “See, we got this far with our current facilities. How much further to we need to go? The current facilities got us to this point. Why spend more money?”
Ruski
Swell

I mean that thing is pretty freaking sweet. If they fill in the endzone sections, would have a bit of a modern Sugar Bowl vibe.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:15 pm I mean that thing is pretty freaking sweet. If they fill in the endzone sections, would have a bit of a modern Sugar Bowl vibe.

The seats are pretty far from the field. I would bet 75% of the seats are further from the playing surface than the furthest at Yulman.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:20 pm
MicMan wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:11 am Who needs facilities when you win a conference championship, the Cotton Bowl and a top 10 ranking on a shoestring budget? LOL
You may not be way off on that thinking. I
can hear the Board now: “See, we got this far with our current facilities. How much further to we need to go? The current facilities got us to this point. Why spend more money?”
Simple response- we went 2-10 with those facilities the season before.

Then you could point out how that mindset is why the previous 73 years were so awful.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope everyone realizes we're all talking about announcements made by USF in 2021, or 15 months ago.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:37 pm I hope everyone realizes we're all talking about announcements made by USF in 2021, or 15 months ago.
Project scheduled to complete in 2026. 35,000 seats.
https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/universit ... aster-plan

These are in progress or complete
Here's some parts of the new master plan that have already been completed or will near completion within the next year. These include:

A $22 million Indoor Performance Facility set to open this fall;
A $3 million football locker room and office renovation completed last summer;
A $2 million television broadcast facility completed in 2020;
A $1 million resurfacing of the running surface at the USF Track & Field Stadium;
Installation of new hydrotherapy pools in the Lee Roy Selmon Center;
$1.2 million in enhancements to The Corral for USF volleyball that include a new Taraflex floor, bleachers, nutrition bar, videoboard and roof.
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

The 35,000 seat stadium is about right. An expansion for us should get us right around there and that's all we'll ever need. Too many schools have overbuilt and will fill it up once every 2 years... maybe. The rest of the time, it looks like a lot of disinterest.
OUG
Riptide

Why are we digging up 2 year old threads?
anEngineer
Riptide

OUG wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:05 pm Why are we digging up 2 year old threads?
Digging it up to make it look like everyone is investing except Tulane. Bashing Tulane Athletics is a specialty here.
arkhou02
High Tide

Yes, when are we going to announce new facilities? We need them now. With a tuition bill of $75k, is this asking too much. Screw the donations, Tulane University has the money to do this on their own. Is this going to rival pulling out the SEC, dropping football after a 12-0 season? Probably.